Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Wish I was around these parts a year or two earlier so I could've gotten a pair of those. Awesome jeans!

The models I wanted have been long gone.  I didn't take advance of buying them years ago when I had the chance.  I feel your pain.

On 2/19/2018 at 3:45 PM, goodrain said:

can someone post a fit pic of the Memorials or Peanuts with sneakers? I have only seen fit pics with boots so far

@goodrain - this is the best I can do 

20180221_084414.thumb.jpg.5ca2d127235007b3d839a688d1b09b20.jpg

20180221_084358.jpg.9030b1716709b346ff576f02de1a636f.jpg

20180221_084440.jpg.72ca25cc7c69410e7fe07e40a9f8c71e.jpg

I'm really on the fence about how my Memorial jeans, size 34, are fitting. I've worn them for a couple of days, and as anticipated, the waist and hips stretched, at least an inch or more. As the denim looses and softens with a little wear, they seem a bit large. They fit looser than any of my other jeans. While they may not be too big, I'm just not accustomed to the larger fit. I think a size 33 would have suited me better. 

I'm not sure I want to offer them up for sale, but would entertain a swap with someone who has a pair of 33's and wants to size up. 

Why would you want to remove the loops? I thought that was a pretty cool detail.
I took my RS02's out for a spin today, first full day wearing them and I really like how they fit.
Need to get a few inches hemmed so I can get rid of the big double cuff but really happy with them.
LkCeZSq.jpg

@Broark - good looking fit, and I think the double cuff looks good on you. 

@JDelage - I agree w/ broak - why would you want to remove the key ring loop? I think that's one of the coolest features. 

I took some measurements after giving my Memorial jeans a 2nd wash. Hot water, hand wash cycle, low spin, and a hot dryer cycle until just damp, not completely dry. They shrunk a bit more. I think with the additional shrink, they'll work out for me. I'll have to wear them for a few days and see how much they stretch out again. And, I have to get used tot the fuller cut. When comparing raw to 2nd wash measurements, it rather surprising how much they shrank. 

raw - 1st wash - 2nd wash; 

• Waist, laid flat, front and back not aligned: 34.5" - 33.0" - 30.75" 
  • Front rise: 13.25" - 12.25" - 12.0" 
  • Back rise: 17.0" - 16.125" - 15.75" 
  • Thigh @ crotch: 14.25" - 13.625" - 13.5" 
  • Thigh 2" down: 13.325" - 12.625" - 12.5" 
  • Knee @ 14" down: 10.125" - 9.5" - 9.375" 
  • Hem width: 9.125" - 8.75" - 8.625" 
  • Inseam length: 38.5" - 35.0" - 34.25" 

Note: when aligning the front and back waist bands, or aligning the waist band side-to-side IH style, the waist increases by 0.75" for both 1st and 2nd washes. 

Thanks MP, the double cuff works for now but when they sag a bit I feel like the cuffs stack a little too much. If I get them hemmed it'll only be an inch or two.
And the Black Seed shrinks a lot huh?! If they feel a bit snug they should give pretty easily, I've noticed that with my test lot jeans that they stretch within an hour of wearing them.

Yeah, they did shrink a ton. I've too noticed that they stretch almost immediately in the waist and hips. I bet waist will stretch 1.5"-2" within a couple days. 

It's almost kinda funny to think that if talking to someone that's not into raw denim, and showed them how the jeans fit raw, they'd never believe how much they'd shrink and how much better they'd fit afterwards. I'm thinking of the GF specifically. If I'd have shown her these jeans raw, she'd flip out say they're horrible and to return them, LOL.

6 hours ago, mpukas said:

If I'd have shown her these jeans raw, she'd flip out say they're horrible and to return them, LOL.

:D I had this exact conversation with my wife when I got the TCB 20s last year. "Those look rather... huge???" was her first reaction, and then she didn't even realize they were the the same jeans when I first wore them after shrinking them.

On 3/3/2018 at 9:40 AM, tm42 said:

@mpukas any issue with the patch in the drier? 

no issues with the leather. I used high heat on the dryer, but didn't let them get completely dry in there. Just a little red ink has been lost on the graphics, but that's more to do with washing I think. 

Size 36 memorial jeans en route. 

Found them on Grailed for $300 

I probabaly need a 34 but went up a size to keep them loose and relaxed fit. 

Fit picture of the Memorial jeans after two washes and one trip through the dryer.
Initially I only washed them once / hang dried but I felt like they were too big still. The second trip through the washer/dryer seemed to do the trick.
8etlyQi.jpg

12 hours ago, goodrain said:

looks like black seed denim to me. Same ID line too. Another "joke" maybe?

Could be. Calling it nehon menpu, nehon menu, or nihon menpu, that denim is certainly NOT uncommon or rare as far as I’m aware. I believe Sugar Cane uses nihon denim with slightly different pink or should I say red faded ID line.

(They're just a pair of memorial jeans incorrectly listed.  The seller has mixed up his Roy's specs that's all)

Edit: I take that back ^. I think they looks suspiciously like they're being sold by Roy Himself - Seen that measuring rule before and the sellers name is an anagram or play on Roys surname.

Edit 2: Detective Work - Photo - See same Rule in the background - hanging up under the black power cable.

Full-back (1).jpg

Edited by UkeNo