Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

21 hours ago, Clark_Jablowski said:

Why can't you show the test lots?  Does it have to do with the back pocket art?  I know that's the case with the CB01s, just never seen the test lot.

11 hours ago, Broark said:

When the jeans were sold Roy asked that no one post photos of them online for certain reasons.
Don't want to poke and prod the bear.

It's really not a secret at all is it? At least not a very well kept one in anyway. 

Plenty of jeans makers still do this, and there's loads of pictures of the jeans in question if you root around a little. 

1 hour ago, UkeNo said:

It's really not a secret at all is it? At least not a very well kept one in anyway. 

Plenty of jeans makers still do this, and there's loads of pictures of the jeans in question if you root around a little. 

Yeah, I think it's more important for retailers to consider it.  The self edge CB01 pics are a good example of how to pull it off.

On a separate note, anybody else get the memorial pair?  I just got mine soaked and drying.  I heeded the warnings about the patch and applied 2 coats of obenauf's before doing a warm soak.  Doesn't seem to have lost any ink from the patch but it wasn't a blazing hot soak either.

Edited by Clark_Jablowski

My Memorial jeans, size 34, arrived today. Here are my own raw measurements (within a reasonable margin of Roy's measurements)

Waist: 17.25" 

Front Rise: 13.25" 

Back rise: 17.0" 

Thigh at crotch: 14.25" 

Thigh 2" down: 13.325" 

Knee @ 14" down: 10.125"

Hem: 9.125" 

Inseam: 38.5" 

I went TTS, and they're HUGE. Even if I get the same sort of shrinkage as the RT1002, I think they'll still be too big on me. But that's just how this cut is I suppose. I could have gone at least with a 33. I'm not sure If I'm gonna wash them or not... I'll wait to see what sort of shrink some other fellas are getting out of their pairs. This is by far the highest rise I've ever tried on. Not sure I'm down with it... There's quite a bit of weave irregularity; far more than my RT1002's, which have none. There's even a loop of weft popping through. 

20180109_185814.thumb.jpg.066b160c276459a8e079f722f154de5e.jpg

20180109_185824.thumb.jpg.0ab73449c5749b3bad82a5325a3ccdc7.jpg

20180109_185834.thumb.jpg.8a36e41b8e98f3e6808616799a8dad71.jpg

20180109_190845.thumb.jpg.36864c46d66cf84e862a58e18d79ae9f.jpg

20180109_190903.thumb.jpg.63d34d883a7c353610290303c8692cd6.jpg

20180109_190929.thumb.jpg.d95f67c743852c72aa031983f0d8a687.jpg

@mpukas FWIW I think they'll look spot on after a soak and proper cuff. They're a very different fit - and I know this is all subjective - which I see as a good thing. I've got an Ooe pair with 17" waist and 13.75" FR waiting for summer wear and I enjoy the extra room for a change. @Broark's faded pairs earlier in the thread show how well Roy's denim develops as well. That said, if you decide to sell I'm sure there'll be plenty of takers!!

3 hours ago, D'eVils said:

@Clark_Jablowski what did your waist shrink to after the soak. and maby a post soak thigh measurement. those look great

Thanks!

I didn't get pre-soak measurements, but after 1 warm soak these were the measurements:

w: 32 R:12.5 BR:17 Inseam: 35 Thigh:13.5 Knee: 9.75 Hem:8.5

I just did a straight hot water dip on the legs and they shrank quite a bit more but I don't have measurements yet.

Edited by Clark_Jablowski

On 1/12/2018 at 5:00 AM, elmcitizen said:

I emailed him. Fingers crossed.

That aside, I have to say I've had multiple email conversations with Roy and he is a really open and friendly guy. Always answered by questions and was happy to share info.

Same here. Roy really went above and beyond what I expected, despite the fact I was an idiot and fried my patch.  Been looking into Roy releases the past few years and these are my first but definitely not last pair of Roys.

On 1/10/2018 at 6:50 PM, Clark_Jablowski said:

w: 32 R:12.5 BR:17 Inseam: 35 Thigh:13.5 Knee: 9.75 Hem:8.5

Just wanted to pop back in and give the measurements after I dipped the memorial jeans (everything but the waist).  There should be pretty minimal shrink left in them as they sat for an hour.  

• W: 32
  • FR:12
  • BR: 17
  • LO: 8.5
  • K: 9.25
  • I: 34.5
  • T: 13

I snagged a pair of these Roy workpants on ebay the other day for $130.  I don't know what model name these would be as I can't find anything online about them.  They aren't the 'All Duck' or Foreman workpants, the patch is different and the cut seems way slimmer.  Either way I'm really happy with them, they are a bit slim on me but I think I'll still wear them a good bit. I took some pictures with a few interesting details. 

Having some upload errors so I put them on imgur

https://imgur.com/a/dodJ1

19 minutes ago, Clark_Jablowski said:

I snagged a pair of these Roy workpants on ebay the other day for $130.  I don't know what model name these would be as I can't find anything online about them.  They aren't the 'All Duck' or Foreman workpants, the patch is different and the cut seems way slimmer.  Either way I'm really happy with them, they are a bit slim on me but I think I'll still wear them a good bit. I took some pictures with a few interesting details. 

Having some upload errors so I put them on imgur

https://imgur.com/a/dodJ1

I think they are the Duck-1.

On 1/16/2018 at 4:29 PM, Smallrod said:

Does anyone else have a Test Lot or RS00 with the Big Bro patch? I have seen it one other time on eBay, but it was also a size 32 so I wonder if it was the same pair. 

45 minutes ago, TheEscapist said:

I think they are the Duck-1.

Does anyone else have a Test Lot or RS00 with the Big Bro patch? I have seen it one other time on eBay, but it was also a size 32 so I wonder if it was the same pair. 

Correct on the Duck-1.  Was looking T those as well.

My Test Lot 00 has the "Going Places" patch.  I think the RS00 has the Big Bro patch.  Don't hold me to that, maybe someone else can confirm. 

2 minutes ago, Smallrod said:

Correct on the Duck-1.  Was looking T those as well.

My Test Lot 00 has the "Going Places" patch.  I think the RS00 has the Big Bro patch.  Don't hold me to that, maybe someone else can confirm. 

Yeah I was looking at them too. Good pick up.

Roy listed the RS00's as having "Going Places" patch on his site. As photographed, they also did not include some other notable details featured on that eBay pair. Interesting. 

Long story short, I sized wrong on the memorial jeans since I’m in-between a 34 and 36. I tried to get a ton of shrink on the 36s and ended up frying my patch. I confessed my sins to Roy and asked to purchase another patch. Roy told me he doesn’t have any extra patches, but asked what my rationale was behind all this. After lots of back and forth, I’m assuming he determined I was being sincere and not usually this careless. Roy said he wanted to make a deal with me. The deal was to send back my ruined 36s and he would send me a pair of 34s, as long as I follow his specific directions on the new pair. I offered to send the jeans back and wait until his next release since I knew that a lot of people missed out on the release.  I also felt bad about taking up Roy’s time. He told me not to worry about it since he wanted me to have a pair of his jeans that I love. Roy also wouldn’t take any extra costs which I offered to pay. I felt the need to post this story to show my appreciation to what Roy is doing in addition to making awesome jeans. Here’s a fit pic of the 34s worn for a week after the tub soak. Sorry about the lighting, but you get the idea.

41F9732B-A446-49C8-B82E-F356D0A51765.thumb.jpeg.763b35f747762ce9d5c234001d4ae924.jpeg