Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Here are my KS1002s, Heavy Shirt, and RT1002s. The pants each have about a year of wear with 2 initial hot soaks, and 2 cold washes. The shirt has about 50 wears, 2 initial hot soaks, and about 5 cold washes. It is a long shot, but if anyone is sitting on a pair of the test lot in 31 or maybe 32, but is leaning towards the new Cone White Oak Memorial denim, I would gladly pay up to the $245 for an unsoaked pair, or pay a fair price with soaked/minimal wear as well. 

D5oaDCs.jpg2uJshjp.jpg

KS1002 vs RT1002

KS1002

Heavy Shirt

RT1002

Fit Pics

Edited by TheEscapist

38 minutes ago, goodrain said:

speaking of hems, it looks like the default thread used for the hem is blue or black? If you prefer something like the yellow threads that we are used to you probably have to request it.

Yeah, the hemming page says it's a navy blue, 100% Pima cotton, tex 135 thread.

Does anyone know what the chances are of Roy making a slim-straight or slim-taper jean? It seems like if you look at pics of cuts from years ago a few were slimmer fitting. I'm not asking for skinny jeans, but I have a hard time wearing straight or relaxed taper cuts. I've been wanting to purchase Roy jeans for like the last 4 models he's released - but each time the waist to thigh ratio (and the back rise) is just not similar to what seems to work for me. Anyone have inside info on what Roy's plans might be for subsequent releases?

@Goosyphus - you should keep an eye out for Roy's RT1002. That, IMO, is a slim taper cut. I have a pair in 33, and they're a bit too tight in the thigh for my taste. If I had a size larger, I'd prolly like the fit better. 

I've been wanting another pair of Roy's in a better size for me, in a straight cut. I like the fit pics of the Peanut's, and the measurements of the Memorial's look good - although that back rise is huge. But I don't think I'll be able to get a pair at this time... 

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, TheEscapist said:

It is a long shot, but if anyone is sitting on a pair of the test lot in 31 or maybe 32, but is leaning towards the new Cone White Oak Memorial denim, I would gladly pay up to the $245 for an unsoaked pair, or pay a fair price with soaked/minimal wear as well. 

I thnk a dude on instagram is , ughh, ready to help you out bruh.

2 hours ago, goodrain said:

@Goosyphus you could just email Roy himself and ask

I tried that back when he was releasing, I think, the test lot.  He was very nice and responded but didn't seem interested in sharing a production schedule or say anything specific about slimmer fits.  I don't want to pester him again.  Besides, based on his recent Instagram post response to the Escapist, it seems he's aware of what gets posted here. :)

1 hour ago, robbie said:

I thnk a dude on instagram is , ughh, ready to help you out bruh.

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

@TheEscapist yeah indeed, seen that Roy has a pair for you if you email him! I think the IG post has now been deleted now though... them arcs eh! Result.

Oh man, I missed it. I guess I will email him and hope they are still around. Thanks for the heads up! I have now turned those post notifications on for the future. 

Did anyone screenshot it or does anyone know what the gist was?

Edited by TheEscapist
Added a question

I have a screenshot but since Roy deleted the post he probably wouldn't want me to post it. Those arcs and red tab though... I'm assuming they're the experimental lot?

@Goosyphus I too am hoping for another slimmer fitting model. I recently picked up my first slimmer/tapered pair of jeans and since i'm a skinny guy the fit seems to suit me better but they lack the outstanding details that my straight fit Roys have and I really wish I would've picked up some RT1002s.

@Cornelius_ Please message it if you wouldn’t mind  

I was able to get in touch with him and got it all squared away. He said he was getting a bunch of people pretending to be me. Thanks again for everyone who gave me the heads up. Happy new year to everyone except my imposters. 

Edited by TheEscapist
Trying to make my gratitude more gracious