Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2017 at 4:46 PM, JDelage said:

Roy post soak, with the IH kanreki shirt. Probably my highest waisted jeans, but they may have some shrink left.

Great fit JD

I haven't been wearing them as I was thinking of using them for the new DWC. I'm now hesitating with some equally high waisted Bob Dong 23oz. Will be wearing them in the next few days to decide...

^My only regret in the denim world (outside of sizing wrong), is selling my Roy Contest jeans.....Luckily I kept the boxers that came with it, and have a boxful of scraps from Roy's very first run of publicly sold jeans, and from the Roy Contest itself, which has IMO some of the greatest Cone fabrics ever produced. Sad to read about the closing....

It is such awful news. Obviously Roy and LVC are the biggest losers.

I always feel those Roy contest jeans are probably the best denim I've ever owned. They looked great at every stage from new and glossy to old and knackered. I imagine he will be stocking up with as much as he possibly can but obviously that's a big cash outlay. I hope his long relationship with the company will help him get a good deal.

Don't know how many people know this, but as i recall, Cone were one of Roy's first champions right from the start. He was making one-offs for them well before he started making jeans.

5 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Shame you're letting it go mate. How come you're selling it?

Really just don't wear it much, and would like to put the money towards a jacket or jeans.

(Have a Roy chambray that I'll be keeping as well)

Edited by UkeNo

Thanks @MJF9, sadly I think they’ll be too small. The pair I’m interested in is BNWT and still raw, so potentially I could buy them and only cold soak but I tend to wash my jeans regularly. I was looking at the old Self Edge size charts and thought they might work if I was gentle with them.  If anyone has a pair of SF01 in size 36 let me know. Honestly, that goes for about anything Roy that I don’t have, always interested in size 36 jeans and XL shirts from Roy. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...