Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Also, if you've purchased this jean from Self Edge already, please follow the directions on Roy's site.  If you don't go to these message boards you'll be receiving an email from me later today if you bought these jeans.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone holding the orig Roy shirt (blue chambray)  with some spare time wanna help a dude out? I wish the original listings were still up but I understand taking them down helps SE avoid a glut of annoying restock questions.

what did this shirt retail for originally?

Anyone w/ a soaked size L that can give me a pit to pit measurement?

Wore my Baja shirt the other day for the first time this year, easily my favorite short sleeve shirt that I own.

What's Roy cooking up next? I'd love some more shirts. Still regret sleeping on the Big Bro denim shirt. 

• 1 month later...

I wonder why Roy's selling them directly and not via Self Edge?

There's going to be things now available directly from Roy, most in fairly small runs.  For instance, this new run of KS1002 jeans that was just put up this morning.. there were a total of about 20 or so pairs made.  

We worked with him directly for almost 6 years to exclusively sell his goods, but this made it difficult to run a one man show at the amount of jeans we needed, and the financials of it just didn't make sense after a while.  There may be items still available from Self Edge in the future, at this time all we have is the Foreman pant, the KS1002 we used to have and if you were one of the lucky today you got it off his website before they sold out.

Very tempted by the KS1002 rerun, but I still have a pair of KS1001's and other Roy jeans I can wear.

Interested to see what limited run stuff hits Roy's site in the future, but I also hope to continue to see Roy goods at Self Edge.

these jeans are mega starchy!  They stood up on their own after they dried and they held rigidly horizontal like the flag on the moon.

Denim is streaky and the weft is very white.

Here's the fit with a seriously stylish shirt tuck

NPhtCrp.jpg

Rok9Zhi.jpg

I'm very happy!  I really like all the changes he made in this KS1002 v2.

Don't think they will get very much wear until after the ooe contest but maybe once every couple weeks..

• 4 weeks later...

shame not through SE anymore.  Would think they would be cheaper direct.  But will actually be more expensive now for internationals.

Just curious what makes it more expensive.  The KS1002 that I purchased direct were significantly cheaper than the KS1001.

SE had free shipping, and know how to mark the customs form a certain way.  Must pay for shipping now, and customs form is not "friendly" for internationals so almost guaranteed to get hit with customs charges and the extra taxes associated which will add on a sizeable chunk.