Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

• 2 weeks later...

Requesting measurements for a fully shrunk pair of size 34 new ducks. 

Shoot me a pm, if you want. 

I'd also like to know post soak measurements for 34 new ducks. Does anyone have a pair of these as well as the Big Bros? A side by side comparison of sizing would be great!

I've got new-version ducks (34) that may or may not be fully shrunk.. i did a REALLY hot soak and hang dry. None of my jeans ever hit a dryer.

BIG style:

Waist: 35"

F Rise: 12.5"

B Rise: 16.5"

Thigh: 13.25"

Knee: 9.25"

Hem: 8.25"

Inseam: 35" <---uncut before soaking. I will have these chopped to 29" next trip to SE

Since I haven't had these hemmed yet, I haven't worn em for more than 15 minutes around the house. With that in mind, I can't speak to how much stretch to expect in the waist (but I need about an 1" or else I gotta loose some damn weight)

• 2 weeks later...

KS1001 or KS1002?

They're pretty similar cool_hand.  The denim on the KS1001 is a bit lighter in weight and smoother with more sheen.  I prefer the slightly heavier, mid-weight of the KS1002 for everyday wear and would say it's a touch hairier and more casual looking.  The fits are similar, though the rise is a touch higher on the KS1001.  If high rise concerns you, go with the KS1002.

Compared to my other jeans (Samurai, Fullcount, Iron Heart), the Roy's have a cleaner, more tailored, less casual look.  So if I'm going out to dinner, I usually grab the KS1001, followed by the KS1002.

I also wear them inside-out to show off the hand-stitched 'Roy' pocket flaps, which has the added benefit of protecting the Cone Mills denim from exposure to sunlight ;-)

John

Not to mention.. the KS1002 is being restocked either tomorrow or Monday!

I also wear them inside-out to show off the hand-stitched 'Roy' pocket flaps, which has the added benefit of protecting the Cone Mills denim from exposure to sunlight ;-)

John

Ha!  I just about died laughing at this.  Maybe I've had too much sugar and caffeine today.  Are their really KS1001 left?  I thought they went pretty quick?

Kiya or anyone else that might know. I have found my perfect jean in the RS04's I acquired a couple months ago and will be really sad once they meet there end (admittedly not for awhile yet) so I was wondering if there is any possibility that Roy might run this cut again ever? In different denim or whatever?

I have a pair of KS1002 as well and love them too but not as much. So I live in hope.

Kiya or anyone else that might know. I have found my perfect jean in the RS04's I acquired a couple months ago and will be really sad once they meet there end (admittedly not for awhile yet) so I was wondering if there is any possibility that Roy might run this cut again ever? In different denim or whatever?

I have a pair of KS1002 as well and love them too but not as much. So I live in hope.

I do not believe Roy will be redoing the RS04, but he does new fits every year so you (and we) never know what may be coming up in the future.

devilish -- Is it the rise that you prefer on the RS04?

summ3rhays -- you're right, I think the KS1001's are gone (bought mine a while back at SE).

I have RS04 and KS1001. The RS04 have been great, I've worn them heavily and I love the way the cone denim has worn, but I think I prefer the KS1001 – I prefer the lighter denim and the cut – they are like the perfect fit jean.

Do I need the KS1002?

Maybe B)

I have RS04 and KS1001. The RS04 have been great, I've worn them heavily and I love the way the cone denim has worn, but I think I prefer the KS1001 – I prefer the lighter denim and the cut – they are like the perfect fit jean.

Do I need the KS1002?

Maybe B)

The measurements between the two are similar, but they definitely fit a little bit differently, so it may be worth a try for the KS1002.

Do I need the KS1002?

Maybe B)

I asked Young at SESF the same question and he said, 'If you like the KS1001, you'll like the KS1002'.  He was right ;-)

My KS 1001 hits 5 months mark today and has never been washed. Actually I have been a little reluctant to wash it, but yesterday I saw some fungus grow in the inner waist area... :(:(:( I did not wear them for 2 days and they came.. I am working at a very humid environment, but i never thought my denim would be the victim..

any advise? should i just hang dry under the sun and hope the UV will get rid of the fungus? or should I wash it?

Anyone has washed ks-1001? how'd you do it? machine wash? hand wash?

I never understand why peeps don't want to wash their jeans?

Jeans are made to be washed. Dry-cleaning is BS IMO.

If you're worried about losing indigo then cold wash them with a coloured liquid detergent.

If there's fungus you're going to have to destroy before it destroys your denim. 40 degrees with a bio.

Non-wash to the point of fungal erosion sounds like some sort of serial killer's denim routine.  Goes nicely with human skin lamp shades.

You're wasting time stressing that you could be spending washing, wearing, and enjoying the damn things.

Throw them in the freezer. The cold environment will kill the fungus without losing any indigo.

You could also try a "sea wash". Washing them in the ocean will clean them better than just soap and water, plus the abrasion from the sand and salt will give you some sick fadez.