Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Roy has spent the past 3 months straight working on one single shirt, he's got it to where he wants it and will be releasing it next month.  The shirt is inspired by the city of Portland, Oregon.  

"releasing it next month." -- any word kiya on how many will be available? 

He's making a total of 80, most of which will be available at a new store he's selling to in Portland.

Roy has spent the past 3 months straight working on one single shirt, he's got it to where he wants it and will be releasing it next month. The shirt is inspired by the city of Portland, Oregon.

If this is the flannel and I'll end up bombing out on it online, just save me the suffering and I will shoot myself in the head right now

Edited by readytoignite

If this is the flannel and I'll end up bombing out on it online, just save me the suffering and I will shoot myself in the head right now

Its crazier.. its a 6oz selvedge indigo slub-stripe fabric from Japan's Rampuya Mill.  Imagine an indigo dyed seersucker so you can see the stripes but the color variation is far less.  And the shirt is made with 90 year old milky glass buttons.

Just received this email and thought i'd share (with permission of course):

-------------------------

Howdy Kiya.

I purchased a pair of RS04s earlier in the year from your San Francisco store.  I live in Mooresville, NC, "Race City, USA" as it's called (We have the NASCAR Sprint Cup teams, Indy Car, NHRA, etc.).  I happen to work at NASCAR Tech.  

Today I was racing 40 mph Karts in my Roys, when about lap 2 I felt a pain in my side, which later I discovered was the clutch plate tearing through the seat, through my quarter inch thick cow hide belt, through my Roys, and finally my flesh.  Despite the searing pain, I felt it necessary to cowboy up for another 5 laps to take the checkered flag.  Sweet victory and tattered Roys.

So I need a little repair work and was hoping you could recommend a course of action.  Since I'm in NC, should I send them to the NY store, or CA?  Confirm the address for me if you would.

Check out attached image 257 for damage assessment to my selvage, check out image 258 for flesh wound, that is unless your squeamish.  

Thanks Kiya!

Josh W.

Library-257.jpg

Library-258.jpg

Howdy Kiya.

I purchased a pair of RS04s earlier in the year from your San Francisco store.  I live in Mooresville, NC, "Race City, USA" as it's called (We have the NASCAR Sprint Cup teams, Indy Car, NHRA, etc.).  I happen to work at NASCAR Tech.  

Today I was racing 40 mph Karts in my Roys, when about lap 2 I felt a pain in my side, which later I discovered was the clutch plate tearing through the seat, through my quarter inch thick cow hide belt, through my Roys, and finally my flesh.  Despite the searing pain, I felt it necessary to cowboy up for another 5 laps to take the checkered flag.  Sweet victory and tattered Roys.

So I need a little repair work and was hoping you could recommend a course of action.  Since I'm in NC, should I send them to the NY store, or CA?  Confirm the address for me if you would.

Check out attached image 257 for damage assessment to my selvage, check out image 258 for flesh wound, that is unless your squeamish.  

Thanks Kiya!

Josh W.

Library-257.jpg

Library-258.jpg

Brother earned his Roys.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy Kiya.

Thanks Kiya!

Josh W.

Library-257.jpg

Library-258.jpg

Howdy Kiya.

Thanks Kiya!

Josh W.

Library-257.jpg

Library-258.jpg

holy crap. that is intense. good ol roys

i got a small and thought maybe i should've got a medium..they sold so quickly there was nothing i could do, but it's a good thing b/c they are a little oversized (i guess b/c they're kind of a work shirt, i wanted mine a little slimmer).  hopefully they don't shrink

i'm kind of speechless when it comes to the shirt.  the fabric is amazing and imo a great choice for roy and this shirt. overall shirt is pretty classic and simple viewed on the outside and wearer gets to enjoy the intricate and almost insane/overwhelming level of detail that in roy is somehow so balanced that it seems minimal.  the buttons make it kind of a show piece (i guess you expect that from a $400 shirt)

best thing about the shirt imo are that the fabric and roy's cut are so light, luxrious and airy, but some how also fitted, definitely most comfortable shirt i own..perfect shirt for me..

(it took me a day to notice the hidden pocket at the bottom of the shirt, which is ingenious and cool esp if you like the buttons)

Edited by ironheartfan123