Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I thought I'd be a good samaritan and post some pics of my RS04s, since there aren't many evo pics of these on here.

~4.5 months, 2 initial hot washes, 1 wash @2months, 1 wash @4months. The lighter colored blues were taken with flash, real color is somewhere between the flash and no flash

8247923913_eb6fb54903.jpg

8247924061_fed8de914c.jpg

8248991522_7241402453.jpg

8248991702_bb5f39a845.jpg

8248991958_b5515cd097.jpg

8247923511_198e780bbc.jpg

8248992364_b719fa80a5.jpg

8247924873_139a7828d4.jpg

If you're talking about the $200 RS03/RN03 on Selfedge now, that is a clearance price, not the original retail price. I can't recall, but I'm pretty sure the 03 series were above $300, though I think there was a slight price increase to the 04 series.

I agree - the RS04 denim is hard to fade.

Almost no fades on mine after a couple of months wear.

It has such a strong feel to it. It's unusual in that way. I really like it.

The colour is still very dark on mine after 2 soaks.

Looked almost grey at the start.

I'd love to see some utility pants or chinos in this denim.

Looking forward to seeing these develop slowy.

A nice change from the rapid fading denim that's popular a lot if the time.

Hope Roy continues to produce this denim.

The RS04 could be Roy's staple jean.

Cheers

Edited by UkeNo

more ducks for xmas? hopefully more shirts on the way, i'm wearing overshirts now just so i can keep wearing the chambray in the cold NE months

Roy Unsanforized Duck 5-Pocket Jeans

Never a dull moment with Roy Slaper. The man lives for finding excitement in the most minute details of a garment. With this new release he set out to made a 5-pocket jean out of an unsanforized duck canvas fabric. This is a similar material to what he's used in the past except this time the fabric is unsanforized and therefore will shrink like an unsanforized denim jean. We believe this is the first time in over 75 years that anybody has worked with an unsanforized duck. You may wonder as to why would you want your duck canvas pant to be unsanforized? Because it will not only fit better but it will also age better over time because the fabric hasn't gone through the sanforization process which flattens and (in our opinion) destroys a lot of the character contained within the fabric.

In addition to the beautiful fabric the jean comes with belt loops made on a 1920's Union Special beltloop making machine, so the loops are a narrow width, like how they used to be in the early 20th century. The pocket bags are made of a heavy 9oz greige cotton fabric and all the pockets (including the coin pocket) are full lined with the same fabric. He's done something very unique with the way the inseam is stitched, the selvedge ID is folded over to one side and single needle stitched down the leg. The high-wear point of the front pockets is lined with duck and detailed in a very unique way. Also, this is the first pant Roy has done where many points are triple-needle stitched for durability. There are quite a few more details to list, but those are best found by the owner.

ROY_DP_01.jpg

ROY_DP_03.JPG

ROY_DP_04.JPG

ROY_DP_05.JPG

ROY_DP_06.JPG

ROY_DP_07.JPG

ROY_DP_08.JPG

Thanks Kiya.

Can't you tell us how many pairs have been made, when they'll go online, Price etc?

Thanks

All that info is here: http://blog.selfedge.com/2012/12/roy-unsanforized-duck-5-pocket-jeans.html

Thanks.

Quote from Selfedge Blog:

"These will be available for sale at all three Self Edge stores on Saturday December 22 at noon (local time) and at 10am (PST) the same day via the online store. Check the online store for hi-res photos, spec list, measurements, and more. A total of 115 pairs made."

Edited by UkeNo

those are so sick. kinda wish they didn't have a rivet on the dick though.

Due to the color of the fabric and rivet its not nearly as noticeable as it is when on a pair of denim jeans.