Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

soo good graytrain, particularly like how the buttons are wearing in. how long you been wearing them before the washing regime?

{i'm thinking about selling my rs3's as they are a 33 and the 32 gives me a much better fit, pictures are in this thread a couple of pages back}

Tigerpac is right, there's no right answer.

I generally prefer no cuffs as it's a minimalist, more formal look.

That being said I always seem to cuff as I hate stacking if my jeans are an inch or two too long!

I will say that if you do cuff, don't make them more than an inch, I think cuffs bigger than an inch begin to look a bit scruffy, but that's my 2 cents.

Need advice from people who own ducks.

My girlfriend chucked my Roy ducks in a toploader machine on a cold wash.

They've dried out and are unimaginably "wrinkled" for lack of a better word, and ironing isn't really getting the wrinkles out too much.

Can anyone advise on how to get rid of the wrinkles? I'm thinking hot soak in the tub then hang to dry...?

Need advice from people who own ducks.

My girlfriend chucked my Roy ducks in a toploader machine on a cold wash.

They've dried out and are unimaginably "wrinkled" for lack of a better word, and ironing isn't really getting the wrinkles out too much.

Can anyone advise on how to get rid of the wrinkles? I'm thinking hot soak in the tub then hang to dry...?

Advice? Get that GF in line with washing instructions!

Good luck - I think your soak idea is a good one, let me know how it works.

Kiya advised that it's a common reaction when raw ducks are first washed, and I can just wear the creases out.

So I gave them a brief hot soak, let them dry, wearing them now and the wrinkles are mostly gone.

The girlfriend is officially off denim/duck washing duty though, to both her and my relief.

good insight about the relationship between roy and his machines. half way through the article it had me thinking, "it would be so fucking cool to make jeans for a living." that was a clever response regarding apprenticeships though.

but what was up with some of the questions? on using japanese denim? and was the last question meant to be tongue-in-cheek? a quick look at roy's body of work gives obvious answers to those questions.

Yeah, i know. I would loved to make a very specific interview, but i could not to do it cause the DNA of the blog is art, not denim or wear. If is too specific, our usual readers would not love. To my dismay...