Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Much shrinkage in the waist?

Either the back rise is too short or you got a gaping hole

Good amount (I wanna say 1.5~1.7" but I didn't measure =/) but not as drastic as the inseam, as for the back rise, its gotten better the denim was super super stiff after drying so it looked like that for the first hour or so wearing them

RS = Straight/RN= Narrow

they look slim after the wash for a straight leg - I have ordered a pair in 34's - see what they're like when they arrive - don't think they should be to hard to sell if I don't like them.

Soaked a RN04 36 in lukewarm water for 30 minutes yesterday and they shrank up a good amount but nothing crazy. Agreed on inseam shrinking most. Waist probably lost over an inch.

They ended up being a good snug fit for someone who normally wears a 34 Sanforized. (6'1'' 220lbs)

Taking in for some hemming! Will post some pics once they're ready to go.

Soaked a RN04 36 in lukewarm water for 30 minutes yesterday and they shrank up a good amount but nothing crazy. Agreed on inseam shrinking most. Waist probably lost over an inch.

They ended up being a good snug fit for someone who normally wears a 34 Sanforized. (6'1'' 220lbs)

Taking in for some hemming! Will post some pics once they're ready to go.

This is sounding even worse for my order now... I don't need my w34's to shrink to a w32... Anyone want to trade! I too am in the UK enduring the wait.

received the RS04 today - beautiful, stiff, dense denim, measurements right on, ROY's rep for attention to detail well deserved. love the belt loops and lined pockets. compared them to a raw pair of 47s - stiffer/heavier/denser. great pair of jeans. and kiya, USPS Priority a great way to ship - ordered Sat afternoon, received Mon afternoon, cali to fl. lookin forward to wearing these jeans.

I'm in exactly the same boat. Followed the sizing advice on self edge! If it's correct they should be fine. I also ordered 34s! I guess it's just wait and see now!

Edited by cool_hand

I'm in exactly the same boat. Followed the sizing advice on self edge! If it's correct they should be fine. I also ordered 34s! I guess it's just wait and see now!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad sizing news! If they stretch an inch like advertised you might be ok.

Tigerpac is wearing the narrows - I ordered the straight. I have a pair of canes that shrank down to 33 on first wash and iwas like WTF! But then they gave after a few wears and wouldn't want them any other way. I say bring it on.

Edited by cool_hand

Tigerpac is wearing the narrows - I ordered the straight. I have a pair of canes that shrank down to 33 on first wash and iwas like WTF! But then they gave after a few wears and wouldn't want them any other way. I say bring it on.

To confirm, yes, I did get the narrows.

I'm curious, I know the new Rx04 denim is different than the Rx03. The descriptions of both jeans touch on thenfactnthatnthis is the first loom-state denim from Cone in 60 years. Was the 03 denim made to Roy's spec, or was it an off the shelf fabric? I'm just wondering if the denim in the new release is more significant than in the RS03s that I am wearing.

Kiya's response to this question in the Selfedge thread:

BPC,

The run that was done in December (the 03 model) was done of a fabric that was a test run, it wasn't designed ground up by Roy. It was a very small run of fabric that was piggybacked onto another run that was being made in the factory, we didn't have full control of what the outcome was. The new run is 100% designed by Roy and Bud (of Cone Mills) and is a production run of denim, five times the number of yards and it's own run from beginning to end.