Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Kind of difficult to tell from the pic, but besides the white edge, how does it compare to the RS03 Cone denim?

It feels a good bit heavier and the shade is slightly deeper.

The film will be available around the end of may. I'm putting together about 5 mins of solid Roy footage for people who participated in the kickstarter for the film to receive next week.

We've got about 4 hours of footage with just Roy, one of the coolest dudes ever.

Edited by DFreshLeish

Any sign of the new jean release on the Self Edge site or is it only at the stores?

It's coming out at all stores March 24th.

This video is best viewed in HD mode full-screen with the volume turned all the way up.

Is this a one-time fabric or is this the new fabric Roy will be using from now on?

Not sure at this point, there may be another run after this but we still don't know what's left from this run which fed the three Self Edge stores.

There's a good post over at denimbro about Sansome's visit over to the Roy studio.

http://www.denimbro....ic41_page6.html

There's a good post over at denimbro about Sansome's visit over to the Roy studio.

http://www.denimbro....ic41_page6.html

Love you for dropping this link into the thread.

Come to SF, let's crush the e-beef over some fancy coffee and beer.

Great video, excellent editing.

For Roy's ducks (in fact, ducks in general) what's accepted dogma for washing? Just chuck them in the wash or do I have to treat them similarly to denim to keep the colour (cold wash, no spin etc.)?

Absolutely love Roy's work, these things are, to quote Kiya, indeed built like a tank inside.

Obligatory pic as wearing them today (xpost from wayw):

photo-16.jpg

^ Dave_Sfu

These were selling like hot cakes according to the Selfedge thread - most of the Narrows were gone within minutes and the Straights following fast behind.

People were phoning SE stores as advised by Kiya to get the remainig pairs in some cases, as they'd sold out online - Dont Mull Too long.

Cheers

Well since no one is posting up the R(S/N)04 here are my pre/post soak pics for my RS04 sz 31:

Pre-Soak:

DSC_0028-3.jpg

DSC_0025-2.jpg

DSC_0023-1.jpg

Post-Soak:

DSC_0007-4.jpg

DSC_0009-4.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

I lost a good amount of inseam but I still don't think it was enough so I think i'm gonna bring them back to sesf this week to get them hemmed

Edited by RawAsDenim