Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

rotated with SExIH07, but I wear the ironhearts 90% of the time. I'm no beancounter, have done some serious digging in em, but would say I haven't worn them cumulatively much more then a month since I last posted.

i don't think he's saying they've been worn for only one month. what i think he is saying is that they have another month "under their belt" (pun intended) since he posted last, whenever that was.

WHOA is right. When i first read "a month" and saw the thumbnails, I agreed with bocaburgler that it "doesn't look right." However the pics look natural and as aleopold pointed out braille meant 1 month more than before, which explains everything. Still, whatever "digging" work braille_teeth does in them, it looks like some serious shit. nice work. +rep. slow fading denim is only a relative term, eh?

everything besides the back pocket which has no clear fade

is that wear because you wear them too small for your body? I've worn jeans for years an years and mine never fall apart like that?

They're not tight at all on me - I go through knees really hard for some reason. This is definitely more than a month of wear total, probably 6-8 weeks, but very few of those days were leisure days. Will definitely post pics post wash. Didn't carry a wallet during most of that time, just my knife - hence the hole in the pocket.

why are people so afraid of sizing a little too big? (no hate) just seems to me that it looks better, and is a little more functional/comfortable, a little relaxed rather than a little tight.. maybe i think this just cause i'm fat though, grain of salt concept.

quick question...i can just barely put on the top button...so if i soak it in hot water... how much would they shrink in the waist?

im quite afraid that after soaking it would be so tight that i wouldnt be able to put it on...how much do they stretch out after wearing it after the hot soak>?

thanks yall

Shrinks about an inch - stretches back out a little bit. Unfortunately, IMO this is a necessary step - the jeans are going to get wet at some point, and at that point they Will shrink, thus you really have no option not to soak them. You could cold-soak them, but they're still going to get smaller. Might be a good idea to try a size smaller?

And by smaller, braille means bigger.

My RN01s were very snug pre-soak, but I could just fit in two fingers. Can you? After a soak they soften up a lot. I stuck a metal bar in the waist while they were drying which no doubt helped, but they're very comfy now (fit pics soon, when I can be bothered loading them up).

So, before my birthday ends in another 20 mins, just a few thoughts of my ROYs, which I have been wearing for a week.

Well, they have stretched out to be more comfortable than the tight-til-I-got-breathless fit posted way back, and while it still may be too tight for some, I kind of like this fit. A departure from the rest of my jeans.

The denim is something else. I don't understand when people compare Cone denim to denim from Japanese mills, why they think Cone denim is inferior. I like these denim equally as much as my Eternals, PBJs, Denime.. Maybe even a teeny bit more. (gasp, blasphemy!!! :eek:)

I have even developed a liking for the not-100% cotton threads. On such a tight fitting pair, the threads, and construction is very confidence-inspiring. Top notch stuff. The pocket-bags are dang thick as well, I foresee x-ray type fadings there. :)

Final words (IT'S MY FREAKING BIRTHDAY, CUT ME SOME SLACK!!!). I find myself smiling every time I take off my pants, not for THAT reason, but because I get to see the "ROY" chainstiching (again, not for THAT reason) and also the seashell overlocking. These are a pleasure to wear, and I find myself picking them over my Denimes a few times.

Pics when I get over the emotionally scarring incident of my last posting.

/logorrhea

P.S. By the way rnr, is it too late to take part in the revolution? But being Singaporean, I know nothing of this kind of stuff. I am trained to be a sheep, and the only revolution I know is how a spinning washing machine KILLS my jeans. Is that okay with you? :)

tsunamiboy, just a word of warning, you might want to hold off between your washes and soaks...and when you do soak/wash, make sure to stick something in that waist! The denim shrinks up a lot IME after 3+ washes (I tested my denim scraps and they shriveled up like whoa)

Back to the basics...

I just got the roys in.

Love them and think that they are well worth the price

Only one thing anyone else had trouble to button up??

Not that the pants are tight but the buttonholes seem to be on the small....

The buttonholes will stretch out. Don't worry about that. Post some pics man. Not enough of that.

Brethren-- I'll try to post fit pics in a week or so. This was the kit I wore post-epic non-stop flight from O'Hare to Seoul (Asiana Airlines is the sh*t). As you can tell, I didn't really wear my ROYs all summer, though I got to wear 'em while in Korea. They were rotated in with my PRPS Ramblers and LVC 47s.

J.Crew lightweight utility shirt

Chester Wallace bag

Hill-side crosses-print scarf

Cause & Effect belt

ROY-1.jpg

Brethren-- I'll try to post fit pics in a week or so. This was the kit I wore post-epic non-stop flight from O'Hare to Seoul (Asiana Airlines is the sh*t). As you can tell, I didn't really wear my ROYs all summer, though I got to wear 'em while in Korea. They were rotated in with my PRPS Ramblers and LVC 47s.

J.Crew lightweight utility shirt

Chester Wallace bag

Hill-side crosses-print scarf

Cause & Effect belt

ROY-1.jpg

Dude, solid fucking outfit. What is that blue hand kerchief. Is that one of those hillside dudes?

Yessir. It's the "crosses-print" scarf from The Hill-side. Saved my neck on more than one (cold) occasion. I bought it with the intention of having my tailor cut off a bit of the length to make a handkerchief, but I decided against it.

I guess I coulda just read your original post. I just realized you listed everything pictured.