Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

...If your thighs are relatively thin compared to your waist, you might could downsize... If that's what you want, why don't you give it a try and post your results? I don't believe anyone here has tried down-sizing yet.

Hey roy6, thanks for the info. I guess at the end of the day, it's better to have your jeans fit looser, and wear a belt, than being unable to squeeze into it. Or squeezing into it and end off your family lineage then and there. :P

I think I will only say this one more time.

Grab your favorite pair of jeans. Measure them, and you know what size to go with. The waist stretches back to nearly it's tagged size.

For instance: I measured a pair of Nudie AJ's. Tagged W30, but measured like 32,5''. So I ordered a W33, soaked it and bang! I end up with a W32.5'' jean.

It's not that hard.

Thanks. Yup, I would like to think sizing is simple enough. But in my opinion, the issue with (most) jeans is the stretch factor. Most people don't account for the stretch factor and jeans that one was excited for end up in the supermarket. i have a pbj xx005bk that stretched out too much for me to really enjoy wearing them. Just saying. :)

Anyhoo, for anyone who's interested, Roy did state that he does not expect the waist to stretch out beyond the tagged size much.

So, a pair of ROYs are potentially in the works for me.However, still stuck in the sizing phase.

*Long and inane post start*

I have a true waist of 32. I wear a 32 in Eternals 811, and feel I could have afforded to size down one. I wear a 31 in Denime XX (sized down one on a jeans that people recommend to size up one).

In my emails to him, Roy suggested not sizing down as the denim would most probably not stretch out to more than tagged size. However, I have had experience with jeans (811 and XX type) which people say would not stretch stretching out past tagged size, to be slightly looser than what I would have liked. Not a deal breaker but still, it'd be nice to account for the stretching.

So, I guess what I am trying to say here is, for those with a pair of ROYs, and have been wearing them for a while, tell me more about the denim, if you would be so kind. Like, in your opinion and experience, how much potential they have to stretch out past tagged size. Need to choose between a 31 (SDO) or 32 (TTS) before the world ends! :P Thanks in advance!

And yes, I have read through the entire thread, but stretching was only touched on lightly.

*Long and inane post end*

It's important to remember that Roy jeans shrink from and not to, tagged size. That's why they're less likely to stretch beyond, unlike those you've mentioned.

Ugh, okay, I'm sorry but I need sizing advice too. I've asked my mom and my brother to measure my Dad's favorite jeans - a pair of Levi's 550's - and I'm skeptical of their measurement. The jeans are size 34, and both have said the waist measures to 34".... which I sincerely doubt. Furthermore, my brother said he measured with the waist dipping down but my mom said she measured with the waist even... yet they both measured 34"??

Anyone have any insight as to what size ROY's would be equivalent to size 34 Levis 550s? I'm thinking 35 or 36.

Thanks, homeys. I'll be sure to post dad-pics when we give them to him (probably next time I'm home in December)

....Tsunami, I agree with what Maynard said. the denim has alot of movement to it, and some nice stretch. this has been stated befor i know. As far as sizing. if your only dilemma is the waist, go 31 if you feel like you can stand to wear a waist 30 for a few wears..... if you get a 32, when they shrink to a 31, that doesnt mean they have to stretch back to a a 32. if they fit and settle at 31.25 - 31.5 or something, they will stop stretching if you wear a belt of there is no more preasure. DONT GET A SIZE 31 IF YOU NEED ANYTHING OVER THAT! EVEN 31.25 IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!

EDIT: i dont know if i ever posted this before, hope it helps. ive owned almost every raw, and i always ordered size 31-33 depending on the company and the stretch to fit theory. only to have them settle at 33.5-34 after about a month of wear. When i ordered the ROY 's i ordered a 34, something ive never done. i couldnt be more happy. after almost two weeks, they are a comfy 33 'ish. Get it?

Damn, katz, thats a tough one. We all know how fucked Levis sizing can be in the first place. maybe email or link your bro to the BIG measuring guide. so at least youll be on the same page. you only got 48 hours to order! hahah

Yeah, I linked them both to the BIG measurement guide and ROY's, emphasized the whole even-waistband deal, and even attached BIG's picture of the waist-measurement.... to no avail.

Anyone have any help here? Worst case scenario I'll just go for 36 and if they're really too big, hot-wash and hot-dry the shit out of them. But I want to get this right so I have the best chance of turning my pops into a denim-nerd!

damn....i don't know if i'm gonna be able to jump on these after all. strapped at the moment wanting to buy new glass for the camera instead of new denim...not a decision really. but I was really excited about these jeans. guess i'll buy a pair when he resurfaces!

Psyched! Just put in my order. Those GST offset credits coming in July for my country sure came in handy. :P After much hemming and hawing, I went with a 32. Thanks especially to Vinneus, and others, who helped with the sizing decision. Updates in a month or so, hopefully. Now, the hard part: THE WAIT.

Yeah, don't do it! We all love you!