Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

My pants shipped out today. Hopefully that means I should get them tomorrow or Wednesday. i will post pics seeing as how mine will be slightly different from y'all's.

^Went with actual waist measurement...A 32 when I normally wear 30's in other brands...

btw did I text you back? Can't remember but I'll get back to you!

Doesn't Roy recommend to size up one in the waist? is that smart?

Nah, I didnt hear from you, unless you were the random number i got? lol

Nope I wasn't the random number lol...I can see why he'd recommend that but I just went with my own measurements...FWIW, he did say that the one up would be more looser (his personal way of wearing/sizing jeans) but that I'd be good with my actual waist measurement since the denim would stretch back out anyways....It's all personal preference really!

rnr can't wait to see what you'll pull from out of your sleeves!

Just ordered my pair, sized up one tho since i was worried they would be too snug.

I tried to get denim pocketbags but he would only do the white twill ones, bummer, but still excited to get these

Roy is the coolest. I emailed him discussing repairs and potentially visiting his shop - results:

He said he only does visits when people are going to be buying a pair, and I am not ready for that yet (PLEASE, somebody buy my too-small SEXSC06's [sz29]), but I can't wait til I am.

He just up and sent me some scraps for my repairs! Some nice denim and some brown canvas, selvedges intact on both, of course.

What a fucking awesome dude!

congrats on the pair medine, now there will be two pairs of these in the Chicago area! I know you'll enjoy your pair and you probably went the right way in sizing up...

Wore them all day yesterday and the denim is still a bit stiff, but damn I love that feeling! rnr, get your pair yet?

Not yet. I think they should be here today. They were sent out on Monday, so i would expect them today. Pics when they get here though, of course.

Just got home a couple hours ago and they were sitting on my porch. Such a wonderful surprise. Unfortunately, my fiance too our nice camera to work so I can't snap any pics until tomorrow.

They are currently soaking and drying. Can't wait to put them on.

There are zero cut corners on these jeans. Everything looks professional. I feel like these could easily be a pair of samurais or sugarcanes with respect to sewing, craftsmanship, etc. I love the subtle details. The buttons are plain yet eye-catching and the no-branding rivets are beautiful. I love em. The pocket lining is a thick twill (really heavy) and they are both chainstitch embroidered. On mine one says, "Quack Quack" and the other says "Roy." Both really done beautifully. The leather tag is beefy as well and looks like it will age as well.

I would say get these bad boys. It feels good to support someone like Roy. He is very easy to work with, he is prompt with making the jeans and answers any questions you may have. At least he is for now. I don't know how he is going to do it if more people want jeans.

^Agreed on every aspect written above.

In other news, I "stress tested" a denim scrap just for fun to see how the denim would fade...Basically filed it down with sandpaper and hand washed 4 times (after blow drying the scrap dry each time)...Pics when there is actual daylight! I can say for certainty though that there is a lot of shrink left in my pair based on how much these scraps shrunk so another soak might be in the works...

^I'm not really a descriptive person (lol) so I don't know what Japanese denim I could compare it to. As I said before, the denim is distinctly Cone and reminds me of the LVC 1947 denim if that denim was kicked up a few notches. It has the same grainy look to it, but has A LOT more variety in actual texture...with white specks of protruding cloth that almost remind me of those Left Field joints. It is also dark, stiff and feels almost like a 16 oz. at times despite its lighter weight all whilst retaining a smooth quality to it. While it does remind me of a few samples of denim sent to me by Ooe, there is an American feel to this denim for me so I wouldn't really compare it to any Japanese brands. They are, however, a lot nicer than any of the LVC denim's that I've seen...

Oh yeah, and I'll have to hold on those experiment pictures I mentioned above...I want to wash them at least 15 more times but when I do you'll all see how nice the denim really is ;)

Alright, here we go. The cotton duck ROY jeans. These babies are made out of the same cotton duck that the duck LVCs are made of. This is what the duck fabric will look like as it ages. Pic is of a limited canvas bag made for Cone by ROY. These are courtesy of Paul T.

Washeddetailadjusted.jpg

The front. This doesn't show the true color of the duck.

017resize.jpg

027resize.jpg

The selvage line of the duck.

018resizex.jpg

Hidden selvage in the coin pocket:

022resize.jpg

Nice plain hardware.

021resize.jpg

More pics to come.

Pics Continued.....

The patch. I love this thick hard leather.

029resize.jpg

I had him make a button hole below my right hip so that I could connect the t-bar of my pocket watch, so the pocket watch sits in the coin pocket. ROY obliged. Also, notice the raised beltloop. I haven't ever seen a cotton duck raised belt loop.

030resize.jpg

The inside of the extra button hole. He reinforced it with an extra chunk of fabric and added a little selvage accent. Simple, plain, utilitarian and tasteful.

034resize.jpg

QUACK!!!! QUACK!!!! Bitches!

036resize.jpg

Oh that's nasty.

You better fuckin believe it.

i want these. how to cop.

Contact ROY man.

I love the cotton duck pants. I may have to look into acquiring a pair. How did you size them rnrswitch? Will they shrink much?

Roy actually had to do some shrink tests on the fabric to make sure that it shrunk to my measurements and he was spot on. He made the jeans a 33x35, so that they would shrink down to a 32x34 and the fit was right on.

Those look great, RNR. I wonder if he has some grey selvage duck...

Edit: Just contacted Roy, and he says he's only making them out of indigo denim at this point. Guess we have to wait...

Those look great, RNR. I wonder if he has some grey selvage duck...

Edit: Just contacted Roy, and he says he's only making them out of indigo denim at this point. Guess we have to wait...

I got the same reply.

I've lost track of the "covet" thread, so I'll just say here: A big fuck you to you, rnrswitch, for having the only Roy duck jeans on the planet right now. But I suppose you deserve them, since this was all your idea in the first place.

Damn you! Makin' me want things I can't have. Mumble.

Still, his regular jeans look really awesome, And there's something about Roy that just makes me trust him...