stop the sag

arkless

it's legit

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/29/the-price-of-face-time/?scp=1&sq=pants%20sag&st=cse

Please Pull Your Pants Up, Lawmaker Implores

Saggy pants may seem like a harmless fashion faux pas.

But to Senator Eric Adams of Brooklyn, low-riding trousers are an “insidious spectacle” demeaning to black men.

So Mr. Adams has taken $2,000 of his campaign funds and leased 10 billboards across Brooklyn to implore young men to pull up their pants. The signs, which depict a pair of men wearing their jeans so low that most of their boxer shorts can be seen, also offer this bit of advice: “Raise your pants, raise your image!”

The billboard campaign is accompanied by a two-minute video the senator has posted on YouTube titled “Stop the Sag With Senator Eric Adams.”

Set to somber background music, the video juxtaposes images of men wearing their pants low with depictions of racially offensive stereotypes like scenes from minstrel shows and an old Aunt Jemima poster.

“Let us not be the ones to make our community seem foolish,” Mr. Adams says in a voice-over. “If we raise our pants, we raise our image. Don’t surrender control over your own image.”

A spokesman for Mr. Adams, David Lichtash, said the senator saw an opportunity to speak out against an offensive trend that he felt no one was addressing.

“No adult authority figures have stepped forward to speak to young men and tell them to raise their pants,” Mr. Lichtash said. “He basically thinks it is immature and lacks civility.”

Seriously, raps, hippity-hops and sagged pants are the reason for the decline of contemporary black society. Everyone should wear boxy 4 button suits and full windsor knots if they want to make something of themselves. They should have Cosby on for part 2 of this video, where they try and tie "the sag" in to absentee parenting and incarceration rates

I hate shit like this. It's just youths vs. adults reframed as a racial debate. No one goes after women with their thongs out with nearly the same vitriol.

well what the black kids do the wiggers and jockin ass asians will follow.

you figure a lot of niggas these days are stuck in 2k6-2k7.5 aesthetics due to poor steez management/investment during better economic times. Im pretty interested to see how things turn out once disposable income across the board re emerges.. money does not always equal taste, but those who still have it as of late leave more to be desired stylistically..

Unfortunately for mr adams however I sag because its comfy.

• 2 weeks later...
Tall tees are hilarious though. Makes dus look like real life boxing puppets

boxing-puppets.jpg

I'm going to uncontrollably laugh in someone's face the next time I see this shit and it's probably going to get me yelled at/hurt