ibook crashing

Cue

anyone know much about macs?

my two-year-old ibook is crashing loads - esp when using safari - it comes up with a message saying the programme has 'unexpectedly quit'

thinking of reformating the hard-disk and reinstalling, but have also been told that buying more RAM could help ...

Any suggestions?

Cheers fullas

ey up sweet tits

to rule out software config problems, do the following ;

go to your home folder, then library, and drag the whole ''preferences'' file to your desktop, dont rename it, but DONT LOSE IT!!! you will probably want this again later..

now reboot your system..

this will automaticly refresh all preference/config files for all applications/system..

have a little go on safari etc. etc. and see how it works..

note: all programs that need a serial key will ask you for them again.. so youll need to have them handy.. and if you dont [ie. naughty download programs/apps] you'll need to find the preference file for that program in your old preference directory you had copied to your desktop before, and put them back into your NEW preference folder that has been automaticly generated in your home folder---> library folder..

ca-pish?

well, the route i put down is the fail safe really isnt it..

i just went through my g5 and completely turned it round.. split 410gigs into 5 drives, core, 2 storage, buffer/temp, and a medic drive, which i can use to boot from to run disk warrior on my core/system apps..

probably the best way to do it.. keep your HDD fresh.. will help out with a lot of crap

cheers guys, will have a play around today - the hard drive was at it's limit too - dumped a heap of stuff and it seems ok.

have a meeting at apple today for work anyway - maybe cheeky and take the computer along ...

hey, i'm typing this and it hasn't crashed - woo hoo