self edge X superfuture party 004. SFO superparty

haptronic

i will be attending the party  

105 members have voted

1. 1. i will be attending the party

it is that time, kiya has once again generously put together a party at self edge san francisco http://selfedge.com. those of you who have been to one of these will know that a great time is on offer. kiya knows how to throw a party and this one promises to be the most exciting yet.

there will be giveaways from self edge and the brands that they stock, superfuture will be giving away t shirts, stickers, superguides, and the soon to be released tokyo iphone ap. cultizm http://cultizm.com have come on board to offer a pair red wing boots which will be taken away by one lucky attendee [watch this space for more details].

most exciting of all, sidney lo's http://sidneylo.com/ monograph taking pictures of people who take pictures of themselves will be available for the first time to the public. sidney spent three years traveling and meeting with supertalkers and has created an incredible series of portraits, i am lucky enough to have seen the finished results and this book brings waywt to life.

[edit] new prize

Mark Westmoreland from One jean and oki-ni, have generously offered us a hand branded pair of the one jean to giveaway on the night. more details to come.

saturday may 1 2010

6pm-10pm

Self Edge San Francisco

714 Valencia Street @18th

San Francisco, CA 94110

be there or be jealous

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Self Edge x Superfuture 004.SFO SuperParty

SExSUFUxSFO-728x90.jpg

The fourth Self Edge x Superfuture party is coming up on Saturday May 1st and is already turning out to be the best one yet in terms of attendance and planned events.

Our very own Sidney Lo has produced a book which encompasses what we do here on Superfuture. On a personal level the book has left me speechless; it's a testament to his photography skills and a documentation of the project which led Sidney through the world over a three year period. The book is titled "Taking Pictures of People Who Take Pictures of Themselves" and will be released at the party on May 1st.

Self Edge x Superfuture 004.SFO SuperParty & Sidney Lo's Book Release

6pm - 10pm, Saturday, May 1st

Superhousing

Self Edge is paying for a room with four beds in it at the Elements Hotel/Hostel in the Mission district for Superfuture users needing a place to sleep. The room is booked from Friday to Sunday (April 30th to May 2nd).

If you need a place to stay please reply in this thread that you need a place and the four users with the top Superfuture Rep Points will get the room.

Superphotos

Self Edge has rented a vintage style photobooth from Glass Coat Photo, the booth will be at the party all night, everybody will be able to use it for free and get photostrips from the booth. All those not attending the party can log onto Glass Coat's website to check out all the obscene photos taken through-out the night.

What will take place at the Self Edge x Superfuture Party:

-We will talk denim, clothing, and anything Japanese

-Self Edge has rented the Kara's Cupcake Karavan to pass out cupcakes at the party: http://www.karascupcakes.com/karavan.html

-Alcohol in the form of Beer will be served to those of age

-Loud music and name tags, once again

-Every purchase made in the store during the event will be entered into a drawing for prizes listed below

-We will be giving away a grand prize to the best dressed male and best dressed female courtesy of Superfuture (The judges will be Superfuture Mods and Myself)

-Superfuture tees will be given away courtesy of Superfuture

-There will be free items given out at the door from Sugar Cane and Flat Head.

Self Edge x Supefuture 004.SFO SuperParty Sponsor Party Raffle Give-a-Ways

superfuture

Superfuture Tees (Given to Best Dressed, chosen by SuFu Mods)

Self Edge

$100 Gift Certificate (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry)

$50 Gift Certificate (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry)

Pabst Blue Ribbon

Free PBR for all (21+)

Mad River Brewing

Free beer from Mad River courtesy of Brian Clark (aka, B-Dawg)

Tanner Goods

Two sets of Leather Drink Coasters

Spectacles For Humans

3 Gift Certificates good for $100 each (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry)

Sugar Cane (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry)

Souvenir Bandanas for the first 50 people by Sugar Cane and Buzz Rickson

Nudies (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry)

10 denim Nudie iPod cases and 5 "back pocket books"

Skull Jeans by an Alchemist (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry)

Whatever Hiro-San decides on sending us, it's always good.

Flat Head (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry)

3 Limited Flat Head Loopwheeled T-shirts not currently in production

Dry Bones

Something interesting, we're not sure what they're sending

Just as a note to all of you attending this fine event..

We will not be able to store any backpacks, shopping bags, jackets, bikes, purses, etc in our back room.

Our stock has quadrupled since the last party and there's little to no room in the back any more.

This year there will NOT be an RSVP list, but we'll have a capacity limit for the event, and once that limit has been reached we will enforce a one-in / one-out policy via our large but somewhat friendly bouncer named Big Travis.

I still need a place to stay (unless someone else wants me on their couch). so enter me in too.

I'll be staying Thursday night so I need a place to stay that day too if anyone can help. or I could not sleep.

Official YES YES YES ! Beatle will fly in from beautiful Germany to meet all of you in person, get Sid to sign a copy of the book and talk denim ..and eat chocolate cupcakes ! So looking forward to the party, Kiya - thanks for doing this****

Clopek, looks like you're the ONLY person not coming.

It just got real... i'm trying to make sure you take a little snapshot of the event back home with you, every one of you. Straight vintage photo-booth style.

It just got real... i'm trying to make sure you take a little snapshot of the event back home with you, every one of you. Straight vintage photo-booth style.

Also, to add to this.. there will be a website where you can view all the photostrips that will be shot through the night.

Tanner Goods coming through with the sponsor giveaway! Thanks Mikey.

Can I have a bed? Am I cool enough??

Doubt it, but in any case I will be there and not square.

Also: CUPCAKES?! :D

sup i will be housing isabelle and will be there (this time i really will)