Undercover Ss/05 "homage To Jan Svankmajer" Jacket Sz 4 Circa 2005

fix.

For his spring 2005 collection, "BUT BEAUTIFUL II" Jun Takahashi paid homage to Czech visual artist Jan Svankmajer and his film Alice (1987), an eerie, surreal interpretation of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland.

In Svankmajer's film, Alice inhabits a nightmarish world of rotting furniture, stuffed animal corpses, and malevolent antique dolls. Taking his cue from the film's decaying domestic environment, Takahashi created Edwardian style dresses in lace, silk and tulle layered and meticulously ripped and sewn and then cut to appear cracked and rotting with details such as embroidered trims that look like teeth and buttons shaped like eyeballs. Some garments appeared to be devouring other garments while in others the wearer's intestines appear to be spilling out.

The detail, layering, and eclectic use of colour and pattern are characteristic of Takahashi who says that his signature designs lie between high fashion and street wear.

RARE AND IN GREAT CONDITION, (JACKET IS QUITE HEAVY/WARM)

Appears to be completely constructed from high quality heavy crew neck sweat shirts.

Really amazing and unique construction. Not something easily made, doubt you will see another one of these for sale.

EASY 8.5/10...slightly faded from a wash but hardly noticeable.

(BETTER PICS ADDED)

Measurements:

Back collar to bottom - 35in

Pit2Pit - 22in

Sleeves - 27in

Shoulder to shoulder - 20.5 in

need more? just ask.

$140 plus shipping.

UNDERCOVERJACKET4.jpg

UNDERCOVERJACKET3.jpg

UNDERCOVERJACKET1.jpg

005-28.jpg

004-21.jpg

006-25.jpg

Just bought this jacket from kaws&effect but it's a bit too long for short me.

If it doesn't sell I will keep it and deal with it.

I copied kaws&effects old sale thread because he had a good desctiption and pics. Let me know if that's a problem.