usa :: seattle :: general

fobolous

..good looking women at my fingertips.

you moved to the wrong city. hahaha

If you look hard downtown you can find low rent apartments in older commercial buildings. Kind of a well kept secret. Also theres a place near pioneer square that just got done being built called quintessa. rent for 1 bedrooms runs about $780 and theyre really nice actually if you dont mind the neighborhood.

I'd check out First Hill too. There are some cool apartments in that area and it's close to both downtown and cap hill. Parking also isn't quite as bad as Capitol Hill. I'd also consider the east side of Capitol Hill and anything around Union out to 23rd or so. Queen Anne isn't all that fun and parking there can suck sometimes too.

Guest jeffvyain

yea i guess single spaces are somewhat common with apartments downtown. capitol hill seems like a really cool place. i'll definitely be checkin it out. whatever gets me the most bang for the buck and has a good spot or two within walking distance will be where i end up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Great thread. This will be my bible when I get there in 3 weeks.

I'm gonna freeze my fucking ass off!!!

It was snowing yesterday. You jinxed us.

GTFO.

• 1 month later...
Well Prop. 1 failed...can't wait to spend 10 more years in the dark ages of transit! Nice work Seattle.

fuck.

What's really sad about that is in the 20s there was full light rail service from seattle to tacoma. Ford motors thought that was bullshit, however, and proceeded to purchase as much of the property as possible at exhorberant prices and tear down the whole system. Only that one trolley in Tacoma was saved.

the CD isn't bad, georgetown is a cool neighbhorhood and there's also some great pockets of west seattle. the hill is def good for the bar & restaurant scene, as well as the proximity to downtown. hit up the war room for yo, son! (one of the best hip hop nights in seattle)... goods is great store for fresh kicks & gear.

the SAM is open on Sunday... not sure what else. I've got Saturday to do most of my shopping anyway and probably will stay in the hotel for as long as I can on Sunday. I'm sure some restaurants are open.

Anyone know if the Bank of America tower / columbia center is open at any time this weekend? Hard to get their hours online and I'm too lazy to call in,, but it looks ilke they're only open M - F

the SAM is open on Sunday... not sure what else. I've got Saturday to do most of my shopping anyway and probably will stay in the hotel for as long as I can on Sunday. I'm sure some restaurants are open.

Anyone know if the Bank of America tower / columbia center is open at any time this weekend? Hard to get their hours online and I'm too lazy to call in,, but it looks ilke they're only open M - F

Yep just M-F and not on holidays. And if you go in and ask, they yell at you. Im serious.

yea i guess single spaces are somewhat common with apartments downtown. capitol hill seems like a really cool place. i'll definitely be checkin it out. whatever gets me the most bang for the buck and has a good spot or two within walking distance will be where i end up.

i guess it depends on what your crowd preference is. i'd check out: ballard - mix between yuppy/hipster/elderly norwegians. lots of restaurants and bars. plus three great gems of seattle: blackbird, than brothers pho, and sonic boom. also, the international district is pretty cool. you can find some nice places for decent prices down there. obviously there is great food nearby and pioneer square is pretty close if you need a dose of douche. i like the u district/ravenna too but maybe that is just for nostalgia. also, check out wallingford.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i've been really drawn to the idea of transferring to a school in seattle and living there, i really like the idea of the climate and i've always loved the thought of it but have no idea what it's like, i'd really appreciate input on it! anyone who lives there or the blackbird guys, any help please.