usa :: seattle :: general

fobolous

It wasnt like I was obstructing traffic because the street was pretty empty and the pickup was really far away so by the time the pickup got close to me, I was at least 3 feet from the right side of the pickup and basically on the curb already.

or the one's from way up north. Really 30 minutes away in any direction will pull you in contact with people who will own livestock, firearms & cowboy hats.

Seattle is real strange about that crosswalk. I got hit for J-walking in the 5th or 6th grade, the diversion class was full of people w/ tickets for that shit. :mad:

New Happy Hour Recommendation:

BROOKLYN

1212 2nd Ave (right by SAM)

http://www.savvydiner.com/details.php?r=492

Best fresh oysters ever. You can get a dozen for about $5. Their clam chowder is freakishly amazing, and I heart their daily martinis <3

I can go eat here every single day.

I found a Japanese clothing store by Hotel 1000 called Atsui tokyo, mostly Hysteric Glamor and Mr Olive. I kinda felt bad not telling the owner who was a really nice guy that nobody in their right mind has worn Hysteric Glamor since 1996.

New Happy Hour Recommendation:

BROOKLYN

1212 2nd Ave (right by SAM)

http://www.savvydiner.com/details.php?r=492

Best fresh oysters ever. You can get a dozen for about $5. Their clam chowder is freakishly amazing, and I heart their daily martinis <3

I can go eat here every single day.

when was the last time you went there? i think they changed the happy hour. i love oysters.

I jaywalk constantly. It's so fucking slow to get anywhere if you don't!

Yeah you gotta keep it moving, especially when its raining. Just love seen 6 or 7 people waiting to cross the street, in the rain with no cars coming in either direction.

Brooklyn is the truth!!!!

Anyone tried Ipanema Brazilizn Stakehoue on first??? Their all you can eat lunch buffett is a must for any meat lover in town.

Can anybody suggest a good restaurant/drinking place to celebrate your birthday with 20 other people? I'm considering booking Purple, downtown.

Can anybody suggest a good restaurant/drinking place to celebrate your birthday with 20 other people? I'm considering booking Purple, downtown.

It sort of depends on what day of the week and whether your focus is more on eating or on drinking. I've only been to Purple once, so no real comment there. You might also consider la Spiga on 12th between Pike and Madison. They have some really big tables upstairs. Also lots of small plates italian food and such, so you can make a meal from a bunch of little things.

I did a work dinner with around 15 or 20 people at the Palace Kitchen's private dining room. Really any place with a private dining room would be good. But my guess is that 20 is even too big for that. Same size limitations with a tatame room at a japanese place.

Do you want to keep everyone close, or just be in the same building? :)

Good luck!

b-b-b-b-b-bump

what are good clubs / bars in Seattle that cater to a more.... 'hip' crowd?

I guess I don't mean hip because that has negative connotations, but I mean, I hate going to clubs and having the same stupid Abercrombie bitches at every spot.

I want some bitches that'll get down to Justice with me in the club, but I've never heard of a club in Seattle that spins like that. I'm thinking maybe on Capitol Hill somewhere?

Is there anything at all worthwhile in Fremont, other than the troll? I went down there last weekend and it seemed like someone had transported a small town from Long Island via California and placed it in Seattle.

The biggest collection of chodes in the city is in Fremont. Highest concentration appears to be in the Chode (Red) Door.

b-b-b-b-b-bump

I guess I don't mean hip because that has negative connotations, but I mean, I hate going to clubs and having the same stupid Abercrombie bitches at every spot.

I want some bitches that'll get down to Justice with me in the club, but I've never heard of a club in Seattle that spins like that. I'm thinking maybe on Capitol Hill somewhere?

Probably Chop Suey during their electro show....though I've never been.

b-b-b-b-b-bump

word to that. I even went to Havana's and it was all corny belltown girls.

*omg inso ur bl0win up spotz*

I loathe the Cha Cha on weekends. But it is fucing jam packed with hipsters. Buy as much beer and liquor as you can every time you manage to get to the bar, because some nights it'll be like once every half hour.

I havent any plans tonight. Or money. Seemeugly lets raid Lindas with credit cards!

b-b-b-b-b-bump

Try some spots on the hill during the week thats when you'll find the crowd your looking for.

There are also some sort of out of the way hipster/scene bars that you can try. Tin Hat on 65th, Al's Tavern on 45th, and the Redwood at Belmont and Howell spring to mind. Also the 9lb Hammer and Jules Maes in Georgetown are supposed to be pretty swell.

I think that the hipster bar scene as imagined by most people is essentially a myth.

• 2 weeks later...