usa :: seattle :: general

fobolous

Chicken:

for lunch, Le Pichet for a classy (by seattle standards) french wine bar with excellent food. Prices aren't bad, food and wine are fantastic.

for dinner or maybe also lunch, Salty's on Alki beach has a realllllly nice panorama view of downtown. Food isn't quite as good as somewhere comparable downtown (though it isn't bad), but the view is one of the best (if not the best) in the city. Prices are around ~25-35 per plate for dinner, so it's not quite the budget buster Canlis is. Grab a table near the window for dinner, or the deck for lunch.

Also fuck the space needle restaurant. It rotates which is kinda neat, but the view isn't actually that great, the food is HORRIBLE, and the prices are outrageous.

Canlis is a safe bet, though. And nothing says romance like hot dicks at 3am...

edit: fuck I forgot. For more budget romance, Via Tribunali has the best Italian style pizza in the city. Small, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices (~$15 pizzas)

Belltown, I highly recommend "Marco's Supperclub" on 1st and Wall. The outdoor seating is serene and cozy at the same time, the food is spectucular, and the ginger lemonade is worth a stop by for on it's own. Very reasonably priced as well! I'm only 4 blocks away so I might find myself there more than my wallet would appreciate. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what happened to Atlantic Street Pizza? For the first time in probably over a year, I went there around February to find that Harry had died earlier in the year. I had a intense craving about a week ago and went there to find that it is completely gone.

also, too bad Bumbershoot looks to be something of a letdown this year. The only things I could find that slightly interested me were Seaweed and Roky Erickson.

On that note, is there anything to get pizza in Seattle that doesn't completely suck ass? It was so easy to find decent pizza on the East coast...
I'm a fan of Pagliacci. If only Atlantic Street were still around.. I'm hoping that the recipes are being carried on elsewhere.

On that note, is there anything to get pizza in Seattle that doesn't completely suck ass? It was so easy to find decent pizza on the East coast...

Hot Mamas on Pine is decent for late night slices. And Ive heard Via Tribunali (sp?) on Pike is amazing Neapolitan style pizza.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo.

Heading down to Seattle this weekend. Reviewed the thread - thank you very much. Anybody have any specific tips for tomorrow / Sat? Events, Sales, etc? Shopping wise I'm looking for denim, maybe some late summer sale stuff and some fall shit.

Cheers.

Glanced through the recommendations for a good dinner spot, and didn't see Ray's Boathouse mentioned. It's a great northwest food place by the ballard locks. A seafood oriented place with emphasis on seattle catches or whatnot.

It could easily compete with Salty's for view (I lived with the girl who's family owns saltys, and from meeting the padre, I would have to recommend against it on personal reasons). If you go make sure to get in on the 1st floor, the 2nd floor which is entirely divided off is more of a casual place with like fish and chips, where as the first floor is where you go for the classy meal.

http://www.rays.com/new/?p=1

for an example of the view i'm talking about, here's a photo taken from the website.

view1.jpg

They aren't playing it up, it has been amazing both times I've been. As such, try to go during a time that would include sunset. Wine, sunset, seafood--- her panties don't stand a chance.

*edit* I haven't been to many, if any of hte other places mentioned. And while I realize this isn't a no-expenses-barred dining that many would think of. I like it.

I dunno if it's me, but I've been here for 3 days and I've been called faggot and chink like 10 times, otherwise people are friendly.

what? thats unheard of!

I dunno if it's me, but I've been here for 3 days and I've been called faggot and chink like 10 times, otherwise people are friendly.

What can I say we call'em like we see um out here!

Just kidding, that's terrible. But it does supprise me that it happened in Seattle? Do you know what part of the city you were in? Seattle is really really really tame compared to a lot of cities.

With that said, if you were outside of the Seattle Metro area???????

for the record though, seattle is weird in that people generally follow the street crossing laws to a crazy degree.

not that it warrants it, but yeah. it's something I noticed having lived other places where people just cross wherever and whenever they want.