usa :: seattle :: general

fobolous

Hey chucklebean....

I'm not a huge rum fan, so I haven't been, but the new Pan Pacific hotel at Westlake and Denny has a place called "Rhum bar at Marazul." A buddy of mine was impressed, so if you're looking to sample a ton of different rums, that might be a good start.

The best stocked bar in the city (if not anywhere) is the Zig Zag. They're dedicated to classic cocktails more than anything, but they'll definitely have some rum you've never seen in the liquor store.

Hey chucklebean....

I'm not a huge rum fan, so I haven't been, but the new Pan Pacific hotel at Westlake and Denny has a place called "Rhum bar at Marazul." A buddy of mine was impressed, so if you're looking to sample a ton of different rums, that might be a good start.

The best stocked bar in the city (if not anywhere) is the Zig Zag. They're dedicated to classic cocktails more than anything, but they'll definitely have some rum you've never seen in the liquor store.

AWESOME. I'm definitely gonna check these out... they seem like the best place to investigate Havana Club by Bacardi. Thanks dude!

if you can stay at the ACE Hotel.. do it. I took a candid trip there last week and was lucky enough to get a room there last minute. Nice rooms and breakfast served till 12 noon.

I had dinner at Black Bottle that was a block north of the Ace. Great cod.

for a cool, artsy, whatever hotel check out Hotel Max.

I haven't personally stayed there but everyone that has has told me that it's a really cool place, apparently every floor, or every room or something is done by a different photographer or artist so it's got a lot of different themes.

Seems like a really cool place that would be worth checking out.

http://www.hotelmaxseattle.com/

I need recommendations for guy haircut places! This shit's getting unruly.

go see judy at scream in ballard.

she's been cutting my hair for ages now, and i have never been disappointed.

The 4th should be all about finding a good barbecue at your friends house that he or she rents with three other people and sitting around in the back yard drinking cheap beer and getting sunburned. You should be too bent by 5pm to consider going anywhere else.

As for tonight, who knows? It's pretty much a standard Tuesday schedule from what I've heard. Bar grind.

First post and most of you won't know who I am, but I'm moving into Seattle-belltown this coming saturday and I appreciate these tips. Haven't lived here since I was 2.

georgetown- reminds me of older brooklyn. lots of cool bars. nice cozy neighborhood. great district but it's one hell of a hike.

central district- convenient location and reasonable rent. it makes me laugh when people call CD 'ghetto'.

anyone going out this weekend? Thinking bout hitting Bell-Town this weekend maybe not sure yet. anyone have anything working for this weekend? Let me know.

How was everyones Fourth by the way? Mine was chillin on Alki all day long at my house.

Thanks!

But also ultimate burn.

the rent in CD seem to have gone up. woa.

i lived on the border of the hill and CD a few years ago (on 20th ave) and paid $1000 rent for a 2BR.

Sing Sing @ War Room will be nuts tonight, but I think I'll wait for the Plastic Little show on the 15th.

Bumped into a fellow superfuture head at a 4th of July Party on Alki. Spotted the leather tag of the PBJ's (forgot what he said his screen name was - Sorry I was high as a kite at the time)

Right on, the party you guys were at looked a lot better. This place was so fucking dirty. The bathroom..........I'm not sure if they were trying to recreate that "rest stop/gas station bathroom vibe" but they nailed it. The guy to girl ratio was a direct result. :mad:

BTW what was up with the guy trying to drive his truck into the house????

shit, someone get me on the War Room list. Fuck being underage :(

war room is pretty strict with their IDs. i dont think you can get in even if youre on the list.

hurry and turn 21!:)

First Sing Sing at War Room is tonight. I'm still on the fence about whether to go or not. Its a good party, but man, the War Room can be such a wasteland on weekends.

i second this. i hate the war room on the weekends. tonight is bar hopping for me. weeeeee.