usa :: seattle :: general

fobolous

last time i went to seattle, i had to notice that everyone was so fucking cool. and intelligent too. made me miss the intelligent, and usually sarcastic, conversation you can have with almost anyone in seattle.

everytime someone saw my driver's license and saw that i was from new york, i got a lot of love. a lot more people from seattle live in new york and vice versa than we realize. in brooklyn, i see a lot of style that originated from seattle.

For general goings-on, check out the Stranger, Weekly and KEXP for starters:

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Home

http://www.seattleweekly.com/

http://www.kexp.org/

There are lots of places to eat and drink that are covered in the "where to go in seattle" thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=21179

As for apartments, I personally wouldn't look on Queen Anne, unless you found something really nice. It's a little too cookie-cutter, white-bread for me and it generally isn't as convenient as Capitol Hill and the surounding neighborhoods, especially when it comes to drinking, shopping, music, etc. First Hill (just south of Cap Hill) and the Central Area (just east of the hill) are both going to be much more dynamic areas than Queen Anne.

Good luck!

A little about me - mid twenties, likes dior homme, balenciaga - fine non pretensious dining - dive bars with pool tables, indie rock, graphic design, skateboarding. basically the best of both high fashion and trashy americana.

You will fit in well in Seattle. Especially the areas you mentioned.

i would skip out on capital hil...mostly populated by a bunch of young hipster kids. a guy your age should look at queen anne like you suggested or ballard is even a great place. if you're rich, belltown is always a good choice too. fremont is also a great area in seattle full of shopping and restarants. i'd def check out those areas

Ho Soon Yi for seafood and soon doo boo, Old Village for BBQ and meat stuff. I'm white though so take my recommendations with a grain of salt.

2nd vote for Ho Soon Yi.

though that fried fish kinda scared me the first time our eyes met.

Ballard is getting to be a much more desireable spot to live as of late. I recommend Fremont too, easy to get to downtown form there and a few bars and restraunts to walk to. I'd also check out Queen Anne as planned, but much of it is families in homes.

2nd vote for Ho Soon Yi.

though that fried fish kinda scared me the first time our eyes met.

Boogk Chang Dong Soon Doo Boo (aka BCD off aurora) is a great late night place to go. open 24 hours, perfect for those drunken nights.

Ho Soon Yi is goign down hill, i think the owner changes and their food is getting worse and worse.

Boogk Chang Dong Soon Doo Boo , damn tounge twister.hahha

Boogk Chang Dong Soon Doo Boo (aka BCD off aurora) is a great late night place to go. open 24 hours, perfect for those drunken nights.

Ho Soon Yi is goign down hill, i think the owner changes and their food is getting worse and worse.

queen ann is ok, but not as good as other neighborhoods. capital hill is definately the best in terms of variety and convenience to downtown. my second recommendation would be ballard. freemont is ok, kind of small and gets old fast.

be sure to check out for any shows at the crocodile or neumos while you're here and be sure to check out Blackbird in Ballard for good shopping.

there are tons of good restaurants here, too many to mention.

wonderful pics jesse!! gawd, i love seattle.

nice picture jesse, i gotta go up there sometime. funny how one side of seattle is all urban and residential afar...and the other side is straight up industrial warehouse and shiz... none the less, i love this city

yea, everything south and west of the sports arena's suck. i think things are slowly turning around in parts of south seattle though.

i heart seattle.

jesse, did you go to the columbia tower bar? i hope you went to the restroom up there. the best ones in town!

braidkid, have you been to georgetown? i am not a big fan of sodo either, but georgetown has nice little restaurants and bars, and great ambience. reminds me of old brooklyn for some reason,.

i heart seattle.

jesse, did you go to the columbia tower bar? i hope you went to the restroom up there. the best ones in town!

braidkid, have you been to georgetown? i am not a big fan of sodo either, but georgetown has nice little restaurants and bars, and great ambience. reminds me of old brooklyn for some reason,.

Nooo I heard the Columbia Tower bar is ultra exclusive for some reason... But yeah I heard the toilets look out over the bay haha

My apartment is right behind the US Bank tower wooo

Next weekend is going to be massive. One Night Stand at Neumos on Thursday, Broken Disco with Nortec Collective on Friday, and Emerald City Soul Club at Lo-Fi on Saturday. Rest up!

Seenmy...when are you going to give me a list of music to download? Youre on a whole nother level.