usa :: seattle :: general

fobolous

Theres also a skate store a few blocks east - its called 35th North.

Goods selection of vans is minimal.

Theres also a skate store a few blocks east - its called 35th North.

Goods selection of vans is minimal.

another place is sno-con.

http://www.snowboardconnection.com/

i think 35th and sno-con are the only ones that carry syndicates aside from odds and ends that nordstrom rack somehow manages to stock.

the ace hotel is a great place to stay as is the moore. can get a room at either for an alright price. if you are looking for good design books try peter miller, i think its on 2nd. favorite tourist stop personally, i cant leave seattle without mac n' cheese from the cheese factory in pike market!!!!

i miss seattle. is anyone here old enough to remember the speakeasy? real cool spot where you could go, drink some coffee, meet some girls, listen to some live music....

did that used to be on 2nd and bell? acorss the streeet from mamas?

yeah. burned down in 2001. any places like that in seattle now? cool, sexy crowd, live music, no cover, etc....

*edit*

i ask because i left when i was 17 and never came back to live. sometimes i visit but i don't know where to go. also, don't have many friends there anymore.

theres a korean restaurant called Yet-Gol (Old Village) off Aurora Ave, or a pretty famous soon-doo-boo place called Hoe-Soo-Nee on Aurora Ave also. Im not sure which would be better for galbi... but im pretty sure Yet Gol would be a better choice for galbi and stuff.

whoa, i used to go to those korean spots off aurora way back in the day. glad they are still running shit on aurora.

yeah. burned down in 2001. any places like that in seattle now? cool, sexy crowd, live music, no cover, etc....

*edit*

i ask because i left when i was 17 and never came back to live. sometimes i visit but i don't know where to go. also, don't have many friends there anymore.

Only place I can think of off the top of my head would be the Baltic Room. Never been inside. Always wanted to..

Hey Miz...

Cool, sexy crowd, live music AND no cover is hard to come by in any town! ;) But! Here are some recommendations all in the Pike/Pine area:

The Hideout on Boren at Madison is a cool, art bar kinda place. Free live shows on certain Sunday's, but otherwise just a free jukebox. Cool art and Archer is a good bartender.

Havana at 10th and Pike is right on the corner, but good luck finding the front door. Live dj some/most nights. Typical Cap Hill hipsters. Cuban theme drinks.

Barca on 11th between Pike and Pine is another place to consider. DJ sets, hipsters and a separate vodka bar upstairs. The "c" in Barca is pronounces like as "s" as in Barcelona.

Head down Pine and you'll run into the Capitol Club, just before you get to Bellevue. More beautiful people and drinks, but they also have pretty good Mediterranean food and outdoor seating off the second story bar.

For live music in the neighborhood, check out Nuemo's, Chop Suey or the Baltic Room to start.

The War Room

722 E Pike St.

Seattle, Washington

The War Room is a decidedly hip and low-key Seattle nightclub where lounging on sleek designer sofas and sipping cocktails often takes precedence over dancing. Unlike other Seattle lounges, The War Room isn't a snob washed trendy "ultra-lounge" that makes you pay through the nose for some faux image bolstering. The War Room is just a kicked back venue to hear some eclectic beats spun by resident DJs and chill without the worries of losing your shirt on one drink and being passed over conversationally for some metro sporting a Beemer. Also, The War Room has a totally chill rooftop deck that's perfect for afternoon or nighttime imbibing.

Barca

1510 11th Ave.

Seattle, Washington

Cool and laid back, Barca is a hip Seattle nightclub that is heavily steeped in Euro-style modern elegance while retaining an unpretentious attitude. The space from inside and out is simply stunning and the design touches at Barca almost make you feel as though you should be paying a lot more, but their drinks—even their good selection of wine and ports—are all very reasonable. Also, this hip Seattle lounge sports nearly 20 beers on tap, from domestic favorites to import staples, and Barca has the largest collection of premium and specialty vodkas that we have ever seen. All of this posh sophistication is presided over by resident DJs spinning down tempo chill tunes for the low key Seattle crowds.

Hey Miz...

The Hideout on Boren at Madison is a cool, art bar kinda place. Free live shows on certain Sunday's, but otherwise just a free jukebox. Cool art and Archer is a good bartender.

how did i forget about the hideout. that is a wonderful bar.

definitely blackbird in ballard. capitol hill; maybe red light for vintage. check out the ave and fremont also. not reallly anything super special downtown, cept barney's. thats as far as shopping goes.

for other stuff go to the olympic sculpture park by pier 70. also the SAM and see if anyone good will be playing the showbox or neumos

Hey Miz...

Cool, sexy crowd, live music AND no cover is hard to come by in any town! ;) But! Here are some recommendations all in the Pike/Pine area:

Havana at 10th and Pike is right on the corner, but good luck finding the front door. Live dj some/most nights. Typical Cap Hill hipsters. Cuban theme drinks.

Barca on 11th between Pike and Pine is another place to consider. DJ sets, hipsters and a separate vodka bar upstairs. The "c" in Barca is pronounces like as "s" as in Barcelona.

Head down Pine and you'll run into the Capitol Club, just before you get to Bellevue. More beautiful people and drinks, but they also have pretty good Mediterranean food and outdoor seating off the second story bar.

For live music in the neighborhood, check out Nuemo's, Chop Suey or the Baltic Room to start.

The War Room

722 E Pike St.

Seattle, Washington

The War Room is a decidedly hip and low-key Seattle nightclub where lounging on sleek designer sofas and sipping cocktails often takes precedence over dancing. Unlike other Seattle lounges, The War Room isn't a snob washed trendy "ultra-lounge" that makes you pay through the nose for some faux image bolstering. The War Room is just a kicked back venue to hear some eclectic beats spun by resident DJs and chill without the worries of losing your shirt on one drink and being passed over conversationally for some metro sporting a Beemer. Also, The War Room has a totally chill rooftop deck that's perfect for afternoon or nighttime imbibing.

Barca

1510 11th Ave.

Seattle, Washington

Cool and laid back, Barca is a hip Seattle nightclub that is heavily steeped in Euro-style modern elegance while retaining an unpretentious attitude. The space from inside and out is simply stunning and the design touches at Barca almost make you feel as though you should be paying a lot more, but their drinks—even their good selection of wine and ports—are all very reasonable. Also, this hip Seattle lounge sports nearly 20 beers on tap, from domestic favorites to import staples, and Barca has the largest collection of premium and specialty vodkas that we have ever seen. All of this posh sophistication is presided over by resident DJs spinning down tempo chill tunes for the low key Seattle crowds.

thank you and thank you.

this will make my return to seattle much more fun.

i don't really get out of downtown/belltown/cap hill area, obviously. i hope this helps in some sort of a way for future seattle visitors.

point of interest... i would like to add lusty ladies. if you are into disgusting peep shows, that is.

downtown/belltown area shopping:

-Ian (their sale is amazing. if it's still on, they're 80% off. worth digging through)

-barneys (the smallest barney's you will ever go in)

-mario's (meh meh selection but they ave p.smith and miu miu).

-kuhlman (their main gig is tayloring, but has some great casual pieces too)

-zebra club (for cheap casuals)

-nordstroms (though their mens section is a bust)

-butch blum (i think this is the only place in seattle to score CdG)

fun weekly nights out:

monday-

war room for circle of fire (b-boy/girl night)

tuesday-

lo-fi for stop biting (artsy underground hip hop /b-boy/girl night)

havana for hotel motel (hip hop)

lava lounge for metal.

wednesday-

war room for 2080 (fine 80's numbers. music is good but the crowd is kinda whack)

thursday-

baltic room for real to real (indie hip hop/latin soul)

friday-

havana for....forgot the name of the night (hip hop and dancy tunes)

saturday-

repeat friday

sunday-

kinkora for skate visions (fine skate rock tunes all night)

if you wanna catch a good live act:

check the stranger .

usually chop suey, neumos would have a great blend of rock/electero/hip hop shows booked.

comet and el corazon are great for punk/hardcore/metal/garage bands.

big shows are held at paramount and the showbox.

dive bars to check out:

belltown (stay on 2nd, don't go to 1st)-

lava lounge

shorty's

whisky

capitol hill-

linda's

red wood

cha cha's

clever dunnes

kinkora

canterbury

'nice' bars to check out

downtown/belltown-

black bottle

umi

vice roy (i accidently had this one under dive bars, but this place is actually nice. loungey)

capitol hill-

chapel

tango tapas (AMAZING HAPPY HOUR)

great restaurants to check out

downtown/belltown-

zoe (as jesseJB mentioned, they are great)

le pitchet (great wine and light french cusine. great breakfasts as well)

purple (their lobster mac n cheese is to die for)

mamas (for cheap, fun, fake mexican)

wasabi bistro (for american sushi)

saito (for authentic sushi)

other coast cafe (for amazing sub sandwiches)

capitol hill-

bleu bistro (rustic americano cusine. AMAZING)

king fish (great comfort food)

coastal kitchen (their menus change bi monthly according to the european cities they pick. great breakfast, dinner)

tea pot (asian vegan cusine. you should go even if you eat meat)

b&o (for best chocolate deserts in town)

Oh those are definitely some nice places. But I'll stick in my mini-cent. Go to Dillatantes on Broadway, I think it's massively better than B&O. And while you're at Capitol Hill, check out Victrola Cafe, they have some nice caffeine & pasties. And while we're at it, maybe Golden Gardens for some casual walking/not really a beach/park time.

And Nordstrom Rack in Alderwood will randomly have shipments of Vans - classics and high tops.

So I have a week off next week. Havent had a day off work on a weekday since I moved here a year ago. My goal is to see everything thats usually closed on the weekends. What should I do?!?! BOA tower is a given. Wheres a good breakfast joint downtown? Howbout an inexpensive French lunch without a reservation?

Wheres a good breakfast joint downtown? Howbout an inexpensive French lunch without a reservation?

Make sure to check out Salumi, even though it's more for lunch. For french lunch, Le Pichet is excellent if you haven't been there yet. Seattle isn't too much of a breakfast town, unfortunately... I don't know of too many good breakfast places here.

Also who else is going to KJM tomorrow, I'm almost 100% sure I'm going.

Yes I am, 35th North had some wtaps chukkas not too long ago for retail, I shouldn't have slept. :(

damn youre in seattle...thats awesome, one o my favoreite posters is in seattle haha. yeah i went to 35th when they had wtap chukkas,....but as usual, i was broke as hell.

I'll be Seattle from Jun. 7 - 11th. I'm curious to whats going on this weekend, as well as some good places to eat / go out.

The reason I'm coming to Seattle is for an interview - I may also want to look at apartments while I'm there. Can anyone suggest some good areas - so far I'm drawn to cap hill and Queen Anne.

A little about me - mid twenties, likes dior homme, balenciaga - fine non pretensious dining - dive bars with pool tables, indie rock, graphic design, skateboarding. basically the best of both high fashion and trashy americana.

Let the recommendations begin!!