Top 5 skate styles of all time

sleep_oner

Quote:

I think Phil's mom was selling some of his boards on ebay recently...might be worth checking out still.

He was unstoppable. I get teary eyed still everytime I watch Damage and Penal Code.

--- Original message by rhymes with brasspole on Apr 6, 2005 11:03 AM

Did you know him? I only skated with him a few times, but some of my friends rode with him regularly, especially after I quit skating.

I remember him being this old-style (but amazing) vert guy who had a ramp in his yard and rode junky boards with big, loud-colored wheels. He seemed a lot older than he actually was and could barely do anything on street; "Old School" was basically written on his forehead.

A half year or so goes by and I would start running into him at local street spots. By that time he had gotten on Think and was doing large gaps and good tech stuff--better than many of the people who'd always skated street in the area. He even looked/dressed different--a total transformation. I've just always thought that was cool.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...