??Opinion on BBC??

edwin

Now that you know that the Billionaire Boys Club (and Ice Cream shoes) is headed by Pharrell and Nigo, along with financial backing from Reebok, what are your takes on the company. Ive been a fan with Nigo's work for a couple of years now but im a little bit skeptical with this collab. Will the BBC be another division of RBK as the G-Unit and S DOT CARTER series? Will this company be marketed to the masses with such brands as Rocawear, Mecca and akedemics? (not that i have anything against them. just not my type of chicken) Just would like to know what to expect from the BBC camp as of who they are trying to cater to and what kind of products they will be dishin!!!

I totally agree with you edwin. I am a big BAPE-fan myself and have been collecting most of Nigo's stuff. Same with pharell, love his sense for fashion. But a collab with RBK..i doubt if it will work. And most collectors incl. me will expect a bunch of Nike Dunk/AF/BapeSta rip-off sneakers anyway. To be honest, i find the label BBC to be rather boring, the designs that is. Hope they won't market it to the masses ! Keepin' it obscure :P

"Ape Shall Never Kill Ape"

hope they won't market to the masses and keep it obscure?

how about the babe collaboratin with pepsi?

[url=" http://www.pepsi.co.jp/news/010731.html"] <a href="http://www.pepsi.co.jp/news/010731.html" target="_blank">http://www.pepsi.co.jp/news/010731.html[/url

and it is hard to keep it obscure when like every kid in harajuku is wearing a bathing ape shirt?

years ago i went to HK (from sydney) for a business trip, and I was eager to go check out the bathing ape shop. i was exciting to get the chance to buy some bape clothes, considering how rare (i thought) they were. anyway, the first morning in the office, the little old cleaning lady was wearing fake bathing ape! not as obscure as i was hoping (i was kinda hoping me and nigo would be the only ones wearing it).

yeah, i also found that pepsi collabo kind of hypocritical to his BAPE philosophy considering that he doesn't want "a lot of people wearing my (nigo's) clothes.â€

[url=" http://metropolis.japantoday.com/tokyo/460/feature.asp"] <a href="http://metropolis.japantoday.com/tokyo/460/feature.asp" target="_blank">http://metropolis.japantoday.com/tokyo/460/feature.asp</a>

but you cant hate on nigo. hes made it big. good businessman.

• 3 months later...

Oh Apesoldier...Don't think I forgot about you!!!

"Pretty pathethic the people here.. they get to know Bape now ? Must be The Neptunes lol. I've been wearing Bape for the last 6 years..and the western ppl are getting to know it now and looking for it like a bunch of discount-at-the-mall-bitches.. amazingly pathethic. And stop talking about official bape websites and stuff, Nigo wanted to keep this stuff obscure and in the cult scene..look what pharrell has done..now every stoopid mushroom-head-kiddo starts lookin for the brand. The brand is for asians ppl no white nor blacks."^

Posted by: ApeSoldier on January 30, 2004 03:32 AM @ JAPAN BLOG

Bitch! First of all, don't ever byte off American style and then try to say that it's not made for Americans. If you want to do that Make some fucking Samurai shoes or ninja boots and then talk that faggoty ass bullshit. Because Bapes are fake ass Nike Air Force Ones to begin with, (um those were invented by Phil Knight..an American by the way)...Oh yeah and the whole concept of that shit is based on planet of the Apes, which was also invented by Americans. YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND YOU SUCK!!!. Secondly Japans whole fucking urban scene is a straight dick in the mouth of the American hip hop scene. Which is an African-American culture, so to say that is wasn't meant for blacks is a no no. Third of all don’t think I won’t fly half way around the world just to smack yo bitch ass. And my homeys all said you was a asshole too just incase you were wondering how yo popularity is coming along within the circle of real hiphop culture. Hip Hop and skating are soul cultures meant to be shared with the world. So what if trendy motherfuckers try to byte our shit and commercialize it…that’s what makes it so great, because they can never capture the essence, that belongs to us, so we just look at them and laugh. You better obey God and have some fucking respect. Karma got yo number and when the shit go down you better be ready. By the way I am black, and from the hood, and I was raised on soul and hip hop culture, as well as skate culture, when Japanese mother fuckers was riding Bikes like the nigga on Mr. Roger’s neighborhood. We put yall on to disco. We put yall on to Hip Hop, and skateboards. Yall did not invent that shit… Americans did. So don’t ever lift your nose at some little fly by night homemade bullshit talkin bout its not made for blacks and whites, only Asians. We share with each other and that’s how things go well. Yall give us playstation and we give yall hip hop. But don’t forget where the fuck you come from… and don’t never bite the fucking hand that feeds you, cuz remember…I will smack yo bitch ass.!!!

they will never keep it obscure

The goal is to make it so cool everyone will

buy it. Did you see the ice creams

they look like the dunk lasers but

with ugly diamond figures and dollar

signs. They got crazy colorways too

BBC is just pharrell cashing off what he couldn't on

trucker caps. He'll keep wearing it for a year

and then will stop to wear exclusive shit again.

i mean business