Iron Army Jeans

TragicBliss

well "tion4->" you did say to correct you if you were wrong....and you are a very wrong and misled Iron Army commenter.

so i will set the record straight:

Firstly, our jeans are not blanks that have been sewn over. if you have ever looked at a pair of real Iron Army''s you will realize that while you see the sewn wrong stitching on the top of the jean, but you don't see it on the inside of the seams....figure out how we did that and you get a prize.

Secondly, im not sure why we would buy blanks when Iron Army owns a denim factory in LA.

also, if you are looking for the "allure" of japanese denim, then go buy some japanese denim, we have never claimed to be a japanese denim company, nor do we care to be, we are something completely different than what the rest of the industry has to offer.

hope this helps as you continue to make your assumptions, about things you are uneducated about.

Lates,

Dubbs

PS. does anyone know any models in Manchester? We're in the UK right now doing a casting for a runway show we're throwing here in June. Lemme know.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well "tion4->" you did say to correct you if you were wrong....and you are a very wrong and misled Iron Army commenter.

so i will set the record straight:

Firstly, our jeans are not blanks that have been sewn over. if you have ever looked at a pair of real Iron Army''s you will realize that while you see the sewn wrong stitching on the top of the jean, but you don't see it on the inside of the seams....figure out how we did that and you get a prize.

Secondly, im not sure why we would buy blanks when Iron Army owns a denim factory in LA.

Consider myself corrected, my apologies... I'm glad to hear that you own a denim factory.

Was I also wrong that you began the company by ordering blanks?

also, if you are looking for the "allure" of japanese denim, then go buy some japanese denim, we have never claimed to be a japanese denim company, nor do we care to be, we are something completely different than what the rest of the industry has to offer.

This comment had nothing to do with Iron Army, but rather a comment on another user who thought IA was "simple" in construction. I don't think that IA has any similarities to Japanese denim at all.

How is IA offering something different?

hope this helps as you continue to make your assumptions, about things you are uneducated about.

I am wondering what kind of denim you use and where it's been made...

what we're offering that is different, is a jean where each jean is guaranteed to be unique as they are sewn completely freehand with a single needle machine first and then constructed using traditinal methods. twice the sewing = twice the value. it's beauty in imperfection.

also our denim uses T-400 or Elastorel which DuPont developed for the apparel industry, basically is has much more memory to it than lycra previously did, so that's why IA's fit so well, and keep fitting well. Especially for girls who are used to having to wash their jeans every wear to keep the fit up. Our raw denim will stretch out a bit more because it's only when the cotton and elastorel hit water that the fibres expand fully to do their work.

and unlike a lot of other denim lines we are fiercly passionate about building a community of creative people who care about denim, but who also care a lot more about art and have compassion for our world. stay tuned for Army of Love (which will be a sub-collection of iron army)

We care about stuff and we make kick ass jeans, to put it simply.

Oh yeah, and we did not start out by using blanks, we actually got a manufacturer in Montreal to do a full cut and sew pattern for us where we chose the denim, construction, stitching and then we hand processed those jeans to creat different styles. you could do the same from Confection D'Beauce in Montreal, it'll cost you +10,000$

what we're offering that is different, is a jean where each jean is guaranteed to be unique as they are sewn completely freehand with a single needle machine first and then constructed using traditinal methods. twice the sewing = twice the value. it's beauty in imperfection.

also our denim uses T-400 or Elastorel which DuPont developed for the apparel industry, basically is has much more memory to it than lycra previously did, so that's why IA's fit so well, and keep fitting well. Especially for girls who are used to having to wash their jeans every wear to keep the fit up. Our raw denim will stretch out a bit more because it's only when the cotton and elastorel hit water that the fibres expand fully to do their work.

and unlike a lot of other denim lines we are fiercly passionate about building a community of creative people who care about denim, but who also care a lot more about art and have compassion for our world. stay tuned for Army of Love (which will be a sub-collection of iron army)

We care about stuff and we make kick ass jeans, to put it simply.

Oh yeah, and we did not start out by using blanks, we actually got a manufacturer in Montreal to do a full cut and sew pattern for us where we chose the denim, construction, stitching and then we hand processed those jeans to creat different styles. you could do the same from Confection D'Beauce in Montreal, it'll cost you +10,000$

I'm actually thankful for tion4 for getting Steve all riled up so he'd divulge more information about IA history/construction/philosophy. Keep being an stereotypical arrogant SFer, tion4, so we get to learn more!

My assumptions were wrong, I jumped to conclusions, and I'm glad they were refuted.

That is the kind of stuff people need to know about your jeans, thanks for steppin' up. This dispells myths floating around in IA's hometown up north.

But holy shit, shame on me for questioning it. Call me arrogant, call me uneducated.

I think that since Steve is willing to share, then opening up a dialogue is beneficial. Albeit, my dialogue began as a confrontation...

I'm glad Steve shot back.

I'd like to know more about this Army of Love, and see justification as to how this isn't just a form of conspicuous consumption. It compares to Nudie's amnesty t-shirt...which I love the idea of, but the flip side is Oprah's/Gap's Red campaign which just promotes frivolous consumerism.

ah you're a good guy tion4-> and it was fun to read the shots back from steve to see how true they are to what they do.

and its nice things kinda got figured out. i felt hostile while this feud was going on.

p.s.

i ripped a new mini hole on the side of my jeans today from a loose screw at work. and i got a bit of barf on my jeans when i threw up on the way to church on sunday.

Personally, I love the look of Iron Army jeans. I was considering them to be my next pair but it didn't happen for two reasons.

1. The price was a tad but steep for me at the time and a pair of New Cures for $112 was just what I needed.

2. They have yet to put up the new skinny fit on their website and I can't sacrifice the 2 hour drive to LA to try them on.

Other than those, I would have gladly picked up a pair. I think they just look great with their rise and fit.

yo, i think the other steve said that he sent out a patch kit before we left for manchester, so i hope he sent it out to you, did you email him?

lemme know and i'll get it taken care of

just got it, thx man

DAMN, thats a huge roll of denim too.

I'm going to go ahead and provide a little intermission from all the firey talk going on:

tried to get a couple pictures of the vertical falling on my 6ish month old sebastians while I was bored in class:

img0034qy2.jpg

img0036ye0.jpg

and docnbhd - which pair are you breaking in? I'd love to see someone's pics other than Landon's and my own!

and docnbhd - which pair are you breaking in? I'd love to see someone's pics other than Landon's and my own!

Nice pics dkatz!

I am working in a pair of Hiro Ito's black. They've been coming along nicely, I am trying to decide if I should give them a hot soak soon to shrink them down. I just don't know when to soak them, I am about 90-120+ wears in. I feel like I should keep wearing them to develop more "character" (a la Landon)

I'll try and post pics of them soon if I deem them worthy to reign among your Sebastians and Landon's :)

remember when that guy was like. ''oh oh these jeans suck. they're for hipster gospel people .wahh wahh.'' and then never replied to back his comment. what do you think happened to him?

these are my stories that ran in my head.

A. he got scared he was gonna be cut-up on a sub-rate denim thread and deleted his account in chances to never be caught in real life and then flogged with a rolled up pair of Hiro's.

B. maybe he bought a pair and is now the hipster he for ever wanted to be and has shut up to save face.

C. he is one of the 8 steves that work for IA and is trying to bring out the best defence in the true believers of the company to then sent them a limited edition pair of new slim-cut paint-on IA jeans.(available sizes: 24-26).

40ozprophet, joey_formal, docnbhd - thanks for the compliments!

40 - I'd be careful how I throw the W-S word around though, I hear people get shot for less. And using it in reference to non-repro jeans... *GASP*

I wonder what the other people were thinking of as the person next to them was taking pictures of his legs in class.

Haha, well, fortunately it's my Portuguese-for-foreigners class here in Rio, so I know everyone in it pretty well. It's a good thing no one asked (especially the instructor who was sitting directly in front of me), 'cause I do NOT know how to translate "vertical falling" into Portuguese!

Needless to say I did it discreetly.

But damn, I was just looking at older pictures and these things have lightened up SO much!

I am trying to decide if I should give them a hot soak soon to shrink them down. I just don't know when to soak them, I am about 90-120+ wears in. I feel like I should keep wearing them to develop more "character" (a la Landon)

If it helps you decide, I hot soaked mine after 100 wears. I did it for the sake of waist-shrinkage more than anything else (worked like a charm). I lost a lot of the denim sheen for a while (which is pretty severe on mine, don't know about the Hiro's), but it's back now. I also think it kind of sped up the fading process a bit - I've noticed more evidence of wear faster since I soaked them.

yeah i think they send all their myspace friends free jeans. im sure your pair is already in the mail.

ah it never hurts to ask. i guess in a not-so-direct way they did send me free jeans after talking to them. and it was through talking to them on myspace. but i had to send photos proving level 4 street cred.

• 2 weeks later...