Iron Army Jeans

TragicBliss

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as promised... i have new pictures of the jeans i bought for my sister. the 25's in the mitzi black were still baggy, so after trying on some skull lindas and kicking mule workshops she settled on the brown iron army aiko ito's in 24. the brown and contrast stitching look awesome together. these pictures don't really show the real color, but it's close enough.

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

hey guys,

you might be able to help..

Ive been trying to get in contact with IA but havnt heard back yet.

Pretty keen to get some IA Raw jeans for me and my girl,

here are our sizes.

Can anyone recommend what we are after?

these are approximate sizes. Mine were based on

a mix of nudie thinn finn, and nudie slim jim. and hers on a pair of

australian made Lee denim with 2% polyurethane stretch.

hers -

accross the waist= 16.5

accross the knee = 7

leg opening = 6

rise-front?(from the top of waist to bottom of crotch)= 7

rise-back?(from the top of waist to bottom of crotch)= 12.5

length of leg= 38.5

his-

accross the waist= 17

accross the knee = 6.5

leg opening = 6.5

rise-front?(from the top of waist to bottom of crotch)= 9.5

rise-back?(from the top of waist to bottom of crotch)= 15

length of leg= 43.5

Doke >I would size up once for a guy. 17" across sounds like you usually buy what... size 32? Also they only come in one cut for men on their site atm, so all your measurements are quite useless. Also you take the length measurement from the inseam, not the outseam, but it doesn't matter anyways cause they only come in one length which is around 35". They are getting a taper leg skinny cut or already got one out in stores if that is what Chris had for sale.

as promised... i have new pictures of the jeans i bought for my sister. the 25's in the mitzi black were still baggy, so after trying on some skull lindas and kicking mule workshops she settled on the brown iron army aiko ito's in 24. the brown and contrast stitching look awesome together. these pictures don't really show the real color, but it's close enough.

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

What shoes are those? So dope.

i like those keep shoes.

and a much better fit on your sister than that mum bum size you had first.

heres where my iron army's are at.

PICT0018.jpg

Nice Brazilian bracelet.

Oh, and your Iron Armies are looking good, too!

brazilian braclet. ?? well heres the story. i had one i bought in brazil and then in a Tuff Test wresteling match with a friend it got ripped off so this summer in mexico a friend bought me a new one there. i have four remaining rosary pictures left but its still a cool wood braclet. i just wear them till they get ripped off in feets of strength.

and the jeans are going well. the crotch got tailored in vancouver and is holding up. put some good wear on them working the past few weeks and only more to come. how much longer do i need to wear these? id like to know.

im getting little bits of thread sticking out and so i will pull on it so its not just hanging there and its interesting cause its not at all like normal thread since its 20% elasteral. like its super synthetic and i think thats what helps the denim from completely ripping if you have a blow out. kind of a pro and con to that also. it was nice for me case then my crotch rip didnt lead all the way to my bum BUT when i knee wore through i kinda wanted it to split and rip like a good thrashed jean should.

i think my next step is to have such intense honeycombing that it just starts blowing out on the creases.

I can vouch for most of Mr. Anderson's street cred (in that he wears these jeans to the max and does not give a rat's about them) I doubt that anyone else has the amount of wear on a pair of AIs that Nole does. I cannot vouch for him living in Vancouver, because he does not he is more transient than anything.

The threads that are coming out are very interesting looking and look kind of like pantyhose. His jeans have come a long pretty well but I guess that is what happens when you wear them doing everything from construction to sleeping to probably even swimming.

hey guys,

you might be able to help..

Ive been trying to get in contact with IA but havnt heard back yet.

Pretty keen to get some IA Raw jeans for me and my girl,

here are our sizes.

Can anyone recommend what we are after?

these are approximate sizes. Mine were based on

a mix of nudie thinn finn, and nudie slim jim. and hers on a pair of

australian made Lee denim with 2% polyurethane stretch.

hers -

accross the waist= 16.5

accross the knee = 7

leg opening = 6

rise-front?(from the top of waist to bottom of crotch)= 7

rise-back?(from the top of waist to bottom of crotch)= 12.5

length of leg= 38.5

his-

accross the waist= 17

accross the knee = 6.5

leg opening = 6.5

rise-front?(from the top of waist to bottom of crotch)= 9.5

rise-back?(from the top of waist to bottom of crotch)= 15

length of leg= 43.5

doke- try this email for Iron Army...i have no problem getting responses.

[email protected]

Hi, I'm new here.

With all these people talking about these jeans tearing apart, is hiro ito really worth getting them? Are they really that easy to destroy? Or is it that certain wearers do some harsh work on them? I want to get hiro ito but I'm afraid if these really do tear easily, I don't want to buy them.

id say they hold up like any other jean but like any other jean they will totally blow apart if you stress them enough. mine are getting lots of little holes on the thigh and that due to hauling old lumber with nails poking in. any denim will get holes when that happens. BUT as i said before. the 20% elasteral or whatever they have, totally helps the little hole stay little and not ripping wide open.

im over all stoked on my pair, im just getting sick of wearing them every day.

has anyone tried to do an initial soak on any raw iron armys to get the shrinking out of the way? If so, how did that affect honeycombing/whiskering... if i were to cold soak mine overnight then toss them in a hot dryer to cause shrinking, would this minimize indigo loss and still allow for nice wear marks? thanks fo ryour help!

NOT a fan of Iron Army...

This is not premium denim, nor does it sound like the steves have any detailed information about their "around 12oz" material.

This company began by ordering 'blanks' made in a factory for dirt cheap, then distress the shit outta them, and sell them for $200. There's nothing saying this isn't still what they do, except instead of distressing them they just run over them with random stitching.

Correct me if I'm totally out of line...

you could just sew your own jeans then if you dont like them.

or just get your own blanks and make them how you want them.

also! it is spring now so you can just wear an old pair of capri's or bermuda shorts.

i think sometimes i look at things like Iron Army jeans or "simple made" T-shirts and think "shiiit. any one could make those sooo easily." but does anyone ever do that? ?? i dont know. so maybe you should buy your own blanks and put "random stitching" all over them. it might not cost half as much as the ginormius IA price.

you could just sew your own jeans then if you dont like them.

or just get your own blanks and make them how you want them.

also! it is spring now so you can just wear an old pair of capri's or bermuda shorts.

i think sometimes i look at things like Iron Army jeans or "simple made" T-shirts and think "shiiit. any one could make those sooo easily." but does anyone ever do that? ?? i dont know. so maybe you should buy your own blanks and put "random stitching" all over them. it might not cost half as much as the ginormius IA price.

riiight...simplicity is great, that's part of the allure of japanese denim. Iron Army is not based on simplicity, is highly branded, and doesn't seem to have much consideration for quality...