Iron Army Jeans

TragicBliss

Hi guys,

I am after some sizing help for the Iron Armys..

My girl and I are going to order some online(no where in Australia sells them?)

Anyway, we are both after a Raw indigo skinny cut,

I wear a 30 in the Nudie thin finn

she wears a 31 in the slim kim

Can anyone recommend a size/style for us?

The online store looks so similar..

Thanks,

I believe I wear a 29 in slim jim, and I wear the same in IA. All the cuts that IA sells for men right now are the same, just different denim/stitching colors... mine are Sebastians. If you want indigo, then sebastian's your best bet... i'm not sure if novio is indigo or black.

At 36 wears, my sebastians measured 16.5 inches straight across the waist (they stretch out a decent amount).

Hope that helps

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was wondering how the cut of the first line of IA compares to the skinniness of other skinny cuts: like the pbj005, the dior 19cm, sammy 5000VX, and sda's 105.

i really like the cut of my ia's its just that id like something with a higher rear rise. the 8.5 inches just bugs me sometmies

i picked up a pair of sebastians out of the classifieds of mynudies and i love them. the only problem is they are a touch big in the waist and if they stretch out at all they will be falling off my body. i guess ill just go to a tailor and have them taken in an inch.

they are still very comfortable and other than the waist issue (my fault for buying them 30 waist instead of my usual 29, but the price was excellent)... they fit PERFECT. the super low rise is not a problem for me because im a skinny guy, so i dont have the saggy denim in the back or front anymore :)

i picked up a pair of sebastians out of the classifieds of mynudies and i love them. the only problem is they are a touch big in the waist and if they stretch out at all they will be falling off my body. i guess ill just go to a tailor and have them taken in an inch.

they are still very comfortable and other than the waist issue (my fault for buying them 30 waist instead of my usual 29, but the price was excellent)... they fit PERFECT. the super low rise is not a problem for me because im a skinny guy, so i dont have the saggy denim in the back or front anymore :)

how about some pics?!

yo i've got a problem. i've had my hiro itos for about a month, wearing them often. now generally all my jeans get like, this line below the left pocket, at about a 30 degree angle from the inside to the outside. i guess because of the way i sit or something, but that area seems to get more wear than any other area in my jeans. my old sliqs and levis 511s have it. ANYWAY ive had these jeans for a month and today i noticed that they're actually getting a hole there. im afraid that this hole's gonna get bigger, and i'm afraid that the entire line (it's a little larger than the pocket) is gonna become a hole, effectively ruining almost new jeans.

my question is how da fuck do i fix this. am i supposed to like sew something inside or what da fuck. GOD.

ADLH, sorry to hear about your 30degree wear problems. here's what to do, definately patch em cause nothing is sicker than raw denim that you've had to patch due to mangleation....email [email protected] and tell him what's up he will send you a patch kit with the exact denim and the Tex 120 thread that we use to sew the jeans. hope that helps

Steve,

Iron Army

ADLH, sorry to hear about your 30degree wear problems. here's what to do, definately patch em cause nothing is sicker than raw denim that you've had to patch due to mangleation....email [email protected] and tell him what's up he will send you a patch kit with the exact denim and the Tex 120 thread that we use to sew the jeans. hope that helps

Steve,

Iron Army

now that's service!

just soaked my iron armys a couple days back. lost too much fucking color.

I'd be curious to see pics as well. How long did you wear them before soak? Hot soak or cold?

I hot soaked mine after 100ish wears and they did certainly lose a bit of indigo, but not much more than had been lost just from regular wear. If anything it just took a bit of grime out from around the ankles and made the creasing slightly more contrasty.

I'd be curious to see pics as well. How long did you wear them before soak? Hot soak or cold?

I hot soaked mine after 100ish wears and they did certainly lose a bit of indigo, but not much more than had been lost just from regular wear. If anything it just took a bit of grime out from around the ankles and made the creasing slightly more contrasty.

Looks amazing dkatz, I love the honeycombs... I am going to give my Hiro Ito's a soak in a few weeks. I am at about 70 wears at this point.

Looks amazing dkatz, I love the honeycombs... I am going to give my Hiro Ito's a soak in a few weeks. I am at about 70 wears at this point.

Thanks! Yes, I'm impressed with the honeycomb fading as well! I'm trying to wear them as much as I can in the tropical heat...

Cant wait to see pics of your hiros post-soak!

I might be considering a pair (if I can't find a good price on the Even Steven) in a few months, but don't want a really slim fit. What model is more of a relaxed fit than a slim fit, I'm thinking Novio maybe. Also size up or get my regular waist?

I'm sorry to do this man, but please read/search before asking questions. Both of these have been addressed numerous times.

1. As of now, IA only has 1 fit. All the different models are just different denim/stitching colors. It is a slim fit. They are coming out with an even more slim fit imminently.

2. I would recommend probably going with your nudie size. but look around in this thread for a better idea.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought my sister a pair of Iron Army Mitzi Cigarette Legs today at selfedge. It was for her birthday, so she didn't get to try it on. The fit isn't that great, she'll have to probably get one size down, but I'm not sure if they make size 25...

Back view

IMG_0638.jpg

Front View

IMG_0635.jpg

Side View

IMG_0636.jpg

what do you guys think?

i think the cut could be better on the seat area, being it is a girl's jean. probably better that way for a brother, but it kind of looks like a weird balloon seat....in the most unflattering way....sorry i'm not more supportive, but I just think those don't fit as they should, boy or girl. The seat looks huge on them. I'd try something else.

yeah i wanted to suprise her with the gift so i had to base which size to get her on her super slim kim size. (which was also 26) that extra one inch can make a big difference all around. i'll post pictures of the new pair once i can get it.

im gonna go ahead and say that is definately not the right size in the mitzi jean. they should fit similar to a glove....

i would trade them in for a 25 at selfedge...lemme know how that goes.

Steve

Iron Army

Yeah I underestimated the skinniness of my sister...

i'm going back this saturday this time WITH her, i'll post pictures of the fit.