Iron Army Jeans

TragicBliss

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya so the blown crotch. im just free ballin it for now but i feel like i should stitch it up so that it doesnt get any bigger. like its managable the size it is but if it grows it would just not be fun. im thinking stitching it with spandex or a denim patch behind. any suggestions. spandex will give it obvious stretch. denim will give it strength.

ya and im nole on here landon on 777. if you were confused.

Holy hell, landon/nole. your Hiros are fucking savage!

http://ironarmyclothing.com/777_Pages/landon777-2.htm

You've easily put twice the amount of wear on your hiros as I've put on my Sebastians in half the time. guess I should start sleeping in mine...

i dont know if sleeping in them really wears them out too much. but thanks for letting me know im savage.

im not really sure what was going on last night in bed but i woke up to a 6 am phone call and my pants were totally wet. as if i could of wet the bed with my pants on... im 20. but the mainly wet areas were the knees. so i dont know what was up but they didnt come off at all.

^Friggen live life. ive been working in a woodshop every afternoon for school. so that adds a bit. but i just dont worry about them at all. so working concrete in some evenings or ice skating with a lovely lady i just try and giv'r.

my right knee seems pretty close to coming through so maybe that will happen when im over sees in the new year. or while framing some houses in vancouver in january. i dont know but i look forward to it.

ya i read the article last night. funny stuff. im a construction working heart throb in a womans fashion magazine. whats wrong with that?

i havnet gotten the fanny pack yet cause i havent gone home in a while. but my mom says it arrived and it looks like i got a good sized triangle of cheese or something. is it spicy jack? i hope so.

• 2 weeks later...

i bought a pair of rinsed hiro itos about 3 weeks ago. i haven't used them that much but i'm on vacation and they're the only jeans i brought with me so they get a couple hours of use daily.

two things though. first, are they not supposed to stretch at all? they feel as tight as when i got them. maybe even tighter. my nads were gettin' the hurt yesterday.

and second, they haven't gotten any honeycombs or anything. the back of the jeans looks almost exactly like the front. is this normal, because of the material or something?

^ Assuming the rinsed denim acts the same as the raw, they will stretch out. My raw sebastians have actually stretched out a pretty good deal - I used to not be able to pinch any denim on my thigh between my fingers, but now I can grab a pretty solid amount. I'm actually planning on hot soaking them in order to shrink them back. I do remember going through a phase of occasional discomfort, but now I'm very comfortable practically living in them.

My honeycombs actually formed pretty fast. I remember feeling the rinsed Hiros vs. the raw ones, and the rinsed definitely felt significantly softer. thus I'd expect that they'd be more difficult to crease. All denim will form honeycombs, though, so I'd just keep wearing them hard and if you're feeling really antsy about it, get some starch!

Rinsed or washed denim typically does not stretch as much as its raw counterpart. It will stretch a bit, though. Maybe 5%.

and as dkatz said, they wont crease as quickly or as well as raw, but they will crease abit eventually.

mine have a lot of honeycombing and i can only suggest wearing them as much as possible to help that along. but thats kind of the obvious.

i dont know which ones mine are but they were raw and have stretched a good amount. not allowed to wash them but kinda wish they were a bit tighter.

they just ripped right below the left back pocket. gonna leave it for now but its about a 2 inch wear mark that could spread quickly.

also. i just sewed up the crotch with a chunk of an old red t-shirt and its hearding rather well with the thread the steves sent me.

i took them off for the long time since i got them 3 months ago. 2 hours swimming at the pool. for a record of 5 hours of not wearing them since getting them 3 months ago.

mine have a lot of honeycombing and i can only suggest wearing them as much as possible to help that along. but thats kind of the obvious.

i dont know which ones mine are but they were raw and have stretched a good amount. not allowed to wash them but kinda wish they were a bit tighter.

they just ripped right below the left back pocket. gonna leave it for now but its about a 2 inch wear mark that could spread quickly.

also. i just sewed up the crotch with a chunk of an old red t-shirt and its hearding rather well with the thread the steves sent me.

i took them off for the long time since i got them 3 months ago. 2 hours swimming at the pool. for a record of 5 hours of not wearing them since getting them 3 months ago.

give us superfuture kids sneakpeaks before the month is up!

how much do the waists stretch? i wear a 29 in APC NS, but my waist is really 33. will the 31s fit me in iron army?

i don't think the waist will stretch like APC NS does. maybe a little. the IA jeans are all 8" rise. that's about the lowest rise jean i've seen. so, if you get them you'll probably have to get you nuts removed.

how much do the waists stretch? i wear a 29 in APC NS, but my waist is really 33. will the 31s fit me in iron army?

Yeah, I think I'd be a 27 in APC and I got 29s in IA. They started out pretty damn snug, but I can fit my hand nicely in my pants without unbuttoning them now.

Btw I'm a neub when comes to jeans so please trash me but not too hard ;D

Thinking of buying the hiro ito raws, they look nice. Just don't know what size I should look for heh..

I got a pair for 5002xx skull jeans that has the fit 32x34 and they are tight on me even though I've worn them for a couple'a days. Got me pair of nieghborhoods basic straight with fit medium which is slightly too big but works fine though.

Does anyone know what size I should be looking for on IA or should I just measure up and send them measures to one of the steves? =)

Oh by the way if there were to be any more of the 777-event I can recommend myself! :D

I work atm 13 hours a day with construction work but with more strain on the legs, climbing up and down ladderns and being in small tight spaces running around. My work clothes says life-time gurantee had em 1year and they are already breaking =(

(well gota try atleast eh? =)

Looking forward to some help! =)

It'd be nice if people added some context to their measurement posts. Saying you are 5'11 and 160 lbs really does not help in any way. You may be skinny on top but larger on the bottom, or vice versa. And saying you got a size 31 and it was tight on you, means nothing either. I don't know who you are. Please help each other out.

Sam - I emailed you regarding the Sebatsians. Would appreciate it if you got back to me. I am assuming from your post that you are implying the Sebastians are raw? I wasn't sure and the IA website is down.

pics of sebastian by IA. size 32.

http://hotimg2.fotki.com/a/68_50/174_2/DSC00175.jpg

http://hotimg1.fotki.com/b/68_50/174_2/DSC00174.jpg

http://hotimg1.fotki.com/a/68_50/174_2/DSC00180.jpg

http://hotimg2.fotki.com/b/68_50/174_2/DSC00182.jpg

Tagged Waist: 32

Tagged Length: L

Waist: 32

Inseam: 35

Hem: 7.5 (flat)

Front Rise: 9.5

Rear Rise: 13

Upper Thigh: 9.5

Knee: 8.25

i have a lot of xtra room at the waist. but, the rest of the jean fits good. i normally wear a 30, but i got a 32 because the rise is very low and thigh tightness. these are sanforized and true to size. so, i don't plan on soaking or washing.

will post updates if anyones interested.