Iron Army Jeans

TragicBliss

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Hah, thanks I'm flattered. I had the same indecision problem... between these, AW Grifters or Nudies. I obviously wound up with these, so i'm trying to get my roommates to get the other 2! If you want the sebastians, get in touch with sam113, he owns a store that carries them and is super helpful (and willing to make a deal). Additionally, glamroots exclusively carries the Novio, and also I believe has some of the other models.

Keep us posted on your decision!

Alright guys I just bought a pair of Toshiros. They are the raw brown raw ones. I love them! They are my first pair of jeans with stretch. It takes some getting used to, but the stretch makes them super comfortable. Just thought I'd post some pics of the fit/color. For reference my shoes are a bluish-greenish color denim.

photo31fb6.jpg

photo32zq1.jpg

Yeah, I definately could have sized down one. I bought em on here from HTC and got my regular size, 34. I like they way they fit a lot. Although, I am into the size one up look, haha. I am pretty big, about 6' 200 pounds, but I am top heavy. Pretty trim on my legs and waist, and I have relatively large thighs.

Yeah, I definately could have sized down one. I bought em on here from HTC and got my regular size, 34. I like they way they fit a lot. Although, I am into the size one up look, haha. I am pretty big, about 6' 200 pounds, but I am top heavy. Pretty trim on my legs and waist, and I have relatively large thighs.

Haha, I'm pretty much the opposite. I'm about 160lbs, but I'm definitely bottom-heavy if anything.

I'm really curious to see how those fade, could turn out pretty awesome!

could anyone post measurements on their jeans? i'm thinking i'm pretty sure what size i need, but i'm not positive, and anything might help me to get an idea (esp. yours dkatz). Thanks!

Looks like they're about 16.5 - 16.75 inches straight across (I think they have 22 days of wear on them thus far). Any other measurements you want?

I'm just starting to see the first signs of wearing on my lap and the back of my knees, too! Exciting! I'll have to take some pics when I get a chance.

that much? wow, i might need a size 29 then. i've got pretty narrow hips, and those come out to 33 to 33.5 inches in the waist. that's almost apc style tag/real size difference!

hmm...well as it turns out there's a good chance i'll not be getting any iron army jeans till christmas anyway. i called context last night and started chatting with ryan there about jeans and he told me they had the imperial dukes in washed black in 30, and since that was the last of that size, and they're the only imperial stockist in the states, i jumped on it.

so yeah, i heard they run pretty damn small, so i might not be keeping them, but context is really cool about returns so it'll be sebastians if not dukes.

i'll post whenever i figure out what's up. thanks for the help guys, and come december/january, i'll definitely have a pair of these for myself. just couldn't help myself with the imperials.

that much? wow, i might need a size 29 then. i've got pretty narrow hips, and those come out to 33 to 33.5 inches in the waist. that's almost apc style tag/real size difference!

hmm...well as it turns out there's a good chance i'll not be getting any iron army jeans till christmas anyway. i called context last night and started chatting with ryan there about jeans and he told me they had the imperial dukes in washed black in 30, and since that was the last of that size, and they're the only imperial stockist in the states, i jumped on it.

so yeah, i heard they run pretty damn small, so i might not be keeping them, but context is really cool about returns so it'll be sebastians if not dukes.

i'll post whenever i figure out what's up. thanks for the help guys, and come december/january, i'll definitely have a pair of these for myself. just couldn't help myself with the imperials.

Yeah, tag vs real size is annoying. These are 29's though, so if they sound too big, you might need 28s. For reference (don't know if it'll help, but whatever) - I'm usually a 28 waist in diesels (that's having them pretty damn snug), 29-30 in taverniti (depending on how tight i want them), 29 in Rock & Republic, 30 in levis, 30 in energie.... hopefully that gives you a pretty good sense of my size.

hmmm...well i'm a 30 in diesel if i want 'em loose. so i'm thinking maybe 30 is right for me in iron army. hmmm...well, i'll probably order that if the dukes don't fit.

oh and dkatz: thanks for being so helpful, man. it's definitely doing a lot of good for me trying to figure out things with these jeans.

Hey man, no problem! I know how frustrating it can be to get the information you need to make sure you know what you're getting, and I really appreciate it when people help me out with it, so I'm more than happy to pass the favor on!

Imperials vs. Iron Army - that must be a tough choice! Good luck!

^^^you're officially a superfuture philanthropist. thanks again man.

it's such a tough choice. the imperials look to be of the highest qulity and the wash/denim look gorgeous. but the thing is i tend to really like a lower rise and and stretch (ride a bike, like to be able to step over tall things, and i don't like my jeans limiting my range of motion if i can avoid it). so yeah, it's a bit tricky, b/c the iron army's seem to be right up my alley, too.

honestly (and this is so ridiculous) i may jump on the sebastians anyway. that or i'll wait till context gets their next shipment and get the toshiros (raw brown) for fit and a whole different look than anything else i have.

yo fella's, sorry we've been non existent on this board lately, things have been really hectic. just to fill you in on whats new for us we're just about to hit production again on 7000+ pairs of fresh new Iron Army's so you should all be able to get hooked up with what you need size wise.

Also i am working on the online store, and i mean that....haha i wanted to get it up a while ago but things have been retardely busy. but yea, sign up for our newsletter thing on our website and you'll be the first to know when the store goes live.

Also look for our brand new "slammed tapered" fit and the mega uber sick overalls for men. along with a bunch of new styles in grey denim and overdyed black finally. All this stuff will be out before Christmas. Oh yeah denim fanny packs too.

that's the update for now, if you got questions i have answers, straight from the source yo.

Lates,

PS. Sam from Context is rad, you should all buy 9 pairs of jeans from him.

Dubbs

I got a pair of the novios recently from glamroots/scott/hollywood trading company. The fit and color of the fabric is awesome—very streaky and unique. My only complaint is that the outseam stitching failed to pass through the fabric twice on the left leg near the knee, leaving a small opening that I had to stitch closed myself. Doesn't look like it would affect the durability of the jeans though.

Rolandtower... how is the color on the Novio's? They look so similar to the Hiro's from pictures that I wasn't sure if I wanted to pick a pair up

I think the hiros are black. The novios are definitely indigo, although they start very dark. The darkest streaks in the fabric look almost black, while the lighter spots are more obviously dark blue. They definitely fade to a very deep blue, however, and will shed indigo like crazy all over light colored fabric/shoelaces if they get wet. It was raining yesterday, and every time I'd wash my hands, the water'd turn blue from the dye that transferred to my hands when I touched the damp jeans. I've only had them for a week, so I don't know how the overall fading will look yet.

They're also definitely a little more undertated than the hiros, since the grey stitching isn't as contrasty. The pocket stitching is still clear, but the stuff running down the inseam isn't as obvious without looking closely

how much do these stretch? I tried a pair on yesterday. They were 28, which was the lowest the store had. They fit pretty well (pretty tight on the crotch though). Are they gonna stretch TOO MUCH, cuz I tried some in 29 and those didn't feel as good.

I'd probably be washing them relatively often, btw.

how much do these stretch? I tried a pair on yesterday. They were 28, which was the lowest the store had. They fit pretty well (pretty tight on the crotch though). Are they gonna stretch TOO MUCH, cuz I tried some in 29 and those didn't feel as good.

I'd probably be washing them relatively often, btw.

Mine really have not stretched too much at all (36 wearing days). I think they did the stretch right - makes them comfortable even when worn tight. I didn't think to measure them when I first bought them to compare (and I'm at work right now so I can't measure at the moment), but by feel I'd say they've stretched out maybe .5" max or something. And yes, the ridiculously low rise combined + slim fit = not much room for the family jewels.

EDIT: So I just gathered a bunch of measurements on the jeans, and am surprised to see that the waist measured out to about 16.5" across. So I imagine they have in fact stretched out more than I thought. Granted, I'm wearing these pretty damn tight (I definitely could not size down any more). Hope that helps!

On another note - does anyone have any good pics of how these fade yet? I'm at 36 days and I'm definitely starting to see some fade (especially on the lap-creasing), but I'm wondering when I can expect them to turn the corner and get all crazy-fadey. And I want to know what they can look like with good wear!

and dryintherain - I'll try to remember to get you those measurements tonight!

got my sebastians last night! these jeans are pretty much the shit. they've got a really nice hand to the denim, feels a little uneven and stiff (which i wasn't expecting but was pleasantly surprised by) but they're so comfortable on. and the actual look: they've got all this vertical streakiness going on. it's fucking great.

so excited. and in terms of sizing. I got a 30 and they were pretty tight (a little effort to zip and button) and i slept with 'em on to get some stretching done and now the waist is just how i like it, pretty snug, but a bit of room. so, 30 is my size in most things (nudies, diesel and all those other brands you can find at the mall).

and yeah, last of all, the stretch is really well done on these things. it's not that weird "non-denim" feeling that i get from cheap mondays, but there's still a good bit of give so they're really comfortable and flexible and whatnot.

great jeans....i'll put pics up at some point soon. now i'm off to write a paper.