Military Style Thread : Vintage , Surplus, Gear, Packs, Boots

homi29

• 2 months later...

MA-1...

alpha makes a MA-1 TT which looks like a slimmed down black version of their ma1... looks like more of a euro release. but it still is considered "baggy" for you whiny skinny motherfuckers who complain that everything doesn't fit your size 44 XS stick figure

also, this lad musician ma-1 works for the tiny bros

2110354blkb1.jpg

• 5 months later...

danaleee280a2puffindeck.jpg

dana lee deck jacket

"quilted waxed cotton exterior, mill-specked ribbed cuffs, 10 guage zipper, genuine aplaca lining"

so dope

also, i'm trying to search for a color index of various shades of olive drab used throughout the years by the us army

i recall reading something about subtle the subtle color differences between early ww2 OD issued gear abd late ww2 OD for instance.

any help appreciated, thanks

I have an Alpha Industries 50th Anniversary N3B from last year if anyone's interested. Deadstock with most tags. (I got excited when it came in and ripped some off haha.)

http://hypebeast.com/2009/12/alpha-industries-50th-anniversary-collection/

It's the black one if you scroll down. It's a M. I am looking for a L, so if anyone wants to trade that'd be dope as well, and thus the reason for selling.

$400obo.

It was 379yen I think, it's been too long I can check if someone's really interested, and all the fees associated with proxies from SutoCorp.

Can provide pics as well.

• 2 months later...
post fishtail parka pics!!

fuckin love fishtail parkas..

i'm on an eternal quest to find a slim m51 vintage/repro parka

but, vintage/repro = not slim

or the slim ones are 'military inspired' with wierd details

looking for a slimmer m-65 fishtail. saw a girl wearing one a few weeks ago and i got kinda jealous icon11.gif

this season gap has a spring weight slim navy cotton ma-1 bomber out. ideal zipper, back shoulder gussets, no hidden placket and no zipper/pen pocket on the sleeve. it's fitted in the body but still has that puffiness an ma-1 should have. it looks great zipped or unzipped. a really nice jacket

I've seen Humberto of Opening Ceremony wear something like that, without the hood. Looked pretty good on him.

Size medium runs very big on those vintage M-65 fishtails, if I recall correctly.

Depends on your style and if you wanna wear it swishy-swishy like the mods did.

chest measurement says 37-41 inches... a bit bigger than i'd like

The fit is not going to be anywhere near 41 inches.

The parkas were made to fit over all sorts of gear, so they are made really oversize.

Size S is hard to find.

XS is even harder to find, but isn't that much smaller than S.

Just copped a great Canadian IECS fleece. Nylon shoulder and elbow patches and huge breast pocket with snap and pen holder. Zip underarm vents. Velcro epaulets. Plus it comes in tall sizes so if you size down on the body but get the tall size, you get a nice slim modern fit. Pretty awesome for $30.

On the verge of pulling the trigger on a goretex arctic CF parka (also in tall sizes, woot). Badass, but $200 is at the upper limit of my usual willingness to spend for army-navy surplus shit.

Here's the parka I'm lusting over, though I'm thinking of getting it in the olive not blue:

T20steXaSxTdNXXXXX_!!23190228.jpg

T2KZBeXmzOTdNXXXXX_!!23190228.gif