Military Style Thread : Vintage , Surplus, Gear, Packs, Boots

homi29

i think it will look away with the right layers and bottoms

also id get xs items mostly if it

or some repros obviously like william gibson buzz rickson products can come in a slim fit model that is just the right mix of slim and classic

i cant afford retail on that though

Eh, not everything has to be slimmed down to look good.

this is the truth... sizing down to get a slim fit usually makes it look like you're trying too hard, thus eliminating the inherent coolness of military repro.

exhibit a is below as a cautionary tale... speaking of which i got hooked up with one for less than half history preservation retail, shit is beyond solid

BUZZ-MO2_V1.jpg

oh, i was just responding to deadwizard. Sizing down presents too many problems, length being the main one, shoulders riding up, for the bombers the elastic rib cuff will probably end up being too tight and it would ride up. My main issue with this stuff is the sleeve fullness. Pretty baggy on most items, but probably not all that hard for a tailor to take in.

Doesn't have to be runway to look good or fit well. I'm curious as to how people are going to adapt what they're posting here to either of those criteria. If you think the fuller cuts already look good, it's an opinion I can understand, but can't really agree with.

perhaps i might moot the possibility that not everybody fits a hyper-ectomorphic somatotype and/or does not feel compelled to dress as such?

this is not exactly what i'm talking about but close enough for rhetoric's sake:

01.jpg

however i suspect your real question is, how are the uberskinny denizens of sufu going to match rick owens with military surplus and the answer is they probably won't/shouldn't.

I thought i'd take some pics of my dad's old shit that I wish fit me (little to way too big for me)

I only have my iphone right now though so here's a few. this stuff is 80's-90's.

img0358q.jpg

img0359f.jpg

img0360k.jpg

I tried taking a picture of the tag but the iphone sucks at small text it says

PARKA, EXTREME COLD WEATHER, TYPE N-3B

and a bunch of other shit, stock #, contract #, etc.

and another, this one didnt have a type # that I saw

img0363bb.jpg

img0364q.jpg

img0365z.jpg

there are a few sources in japan that are selling slimmer versions of the n-3b from real mil contractors. one of which is alpha, and its their topline stuff not the knox armory or otherwise bullshit. they also carry a womens model in the US that is more fitted but looks to be still not particularly feminine, at best unisex, if their site pics are correct it even buttons and zips the same as a mans coat. ive contacted them and inquired about whether they sell a different run overseas or if they are just relabeling the fem jacket. ill let you guys know

motherfuck...

so while i was waiting for the email i was studying the jacket and doing comparison myself, its not the same jacket, 1 less button on the handwarmer pockets, slightly different angling of flap pockets and no leather tabs, also 1 less button although i think the length is the same so not sure why they did that. also did tons of rakutenning and there are plenty of japan only variations.

then i got this email:

Paul,

Thank you for your E-mail. For our 2010 catalog, we are offering an N-3B Tight Fit for Fall 2010. If we receive enough pre-book orders in the next few months from our retailers, this jacket will be manufactured for next season. You can always contact us in the next few months for a production update.

fuuuuuuuckkk i cant wait dat long

then i got this email:

Paul,

Thank you for your E-mail. For our 2010 catalog, we are offering an N-3B Tight Fit for Fall 2010. If we receive enough pre-book orders in the next few months from our retailers, this jacket will be manufactured for next season. You can always contact us in the next few months for a production update.

the problem with that is that their retailers make pendleton stores look young and hip.

clearly what is needed is a grassroots e-mail campaign

sorry for spammin the thread but im pretty sure this is all new to you guys. anyways i think im gonna order the womens one cause i cant wait two seasons n dont give enough of a shit about minute details and also its much cheaper than i forecast the tight fit one being, 'specially since i found this one at a good chunk below its us retail

nn3b.jpg

arms look slim, waist isnt too suppressed, correct button stance...anyone think this is stupid? just gotta figure out wth womens size i wear now

u know im good for it rocksta. so it just came today:

IMG_9011.jpg

after trying it on, i am almost positive this is the cut they are sellin the japanese albeit with a few diff details (most likely for cost cuttin reasons). the sizing was kind of a gamble as i had no idea how mil shooting to please who knows what female demographic would size things so i went for the xs assuming it would be large as shit. you can see from the length of the sleeves i was wrong. the fit inside is "perfect," almost too perfect, the armpits feel like fucking band of outsiders and it zips up with about enough room for a childs fist between my chest and the jacket. i was considering just taking the elasticaed inside sleeve and having it stitched to the end of the outer sleeve to make it long enough, but honestly its a mil parka and i think it should be roomy so im probably gonna exchange it for a medium. but with that said i will be keeping it in the end so i like it.