Alexander McQueen is dead

valhalla

there is a certain "realistic" futility that embodies every aspect of today's mundanities. i just finished brushing my teeth. whilst doing so, i was gazing at my painterly sea scene shower curtain and thought of similar hues mr. mcqueen used in his spring 03 womenswear offering. then thought about how hollow it just felt to simply shave, as if smooth skin wasn't enough. to lose a force like his provides reminders of the buoyant quality of artistic skills of that magnitude. to think of a future without any additional contributions from mr.mcqueen truly makes this life a little less than nirvana. the man made my insides grin. he made the paris collection experiences just that. i miss him every other minute.

His moms funeral is tomorrow too. goes to sho that money and fame isn't a barometer of happiness. RIP to a great designer, and what could have been one of the worlds even greater visionaries.

Money, success, fame, acclaim, and all while doing what he loved. Not criticism, just want to point out there's no hope for the rest of us. RIP.

Well, its sad because it wasn't like he fuckin was coked out of his shit, like a lot of famous figures.

Sometimes events in ones life are extremely unbearable for that individual to handle with a clear and calm mind.

It's the shittiest way to handle things, but that's just the logic of reasons why people commit suicide... sometimes.

IMO

Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld told French radio that McQueen had always flirted with death in his work and that success and fame were never enough to sustain happiness.

"In these types of professions (modeling, acting, fashion design) if you haven't got a strong back and are not hard-headed you expose yourself to anguish," Lagerfeld said.

(Reuters)

mcq2b.jpg

r.i.p.

I used to have this issue of the face but threw all my old shit away because I moved too much and hated hauling it all around. He also had another one with photoshopped pics of his skull blown off. I remember when he first came out he was basically this nerdy chub with a chip on his shoulder. I was a bit surprised to see him lose all that weight, he looked famish at times during the aughts. I recall during one his face interviews he'd excuse himself periodically to visit the bathroom and would come out rubbing his nose lol.

Anyways I never really liked his menswear but his woman's wear was pretty fucking amazing. RIP.

i believe it had something to do with his mom passing away a week ago.

Yeah, I can see no other reason. I don't know much about McQueen...never really liked his menswear so he was never on my radar. But I do remember flipping through the channels one day (maybe it was around mothers day, I can't remember) and seeing a special about designers and their mothers....and McQueen thought the world of his mom from what I recall. They had all these designers with their moms talking about their sons/daughters..and I remember him with his mom giving a tour of the house he grew up in and sincerely giving her all the credit for his success in fashion. I think her death was more than he could take. I wonder if anybody has that footage?