How To Make It In America

FACE

I watched this show last night. Pretty funny show and a lot of denim talk as well. Some seems a bit trite, but that may be because I hear that kind of talk all day on this board. Could be interesting as to where the story goes, because from the looks of next week's previews they buy the bolt of "natural indigo dyed selvedge denim with a left hand weave" and start making jeans.

Hmmmmm.

http://howtomakeitinamerica.com/

^^ "HBO's new series "How to Make It in America" comes from the same producing team as "Entourage" -- but the thing you should know about it before anything else is that, aside from exploring the bond between guys and airing on HBO, it's not a whole lot like "Entourage."

Whereas Vinny Chase and his boys made it to the top and never really fell that far from it, "How to Make It" is about what it's like to be on the bottom of the heap and looking for a way up. "It's a street-level show," is how creator Ian Edelman puts it. "It's the beginning of a journey."

The show stars Bryan Greenberg ("October Road") and Victor Rasuk ("Stop-Loss," "Raising Victor Vargas") as Ben and Cam, long-time friends and would-be fashion moguls who have big ideas but less ability to execute them. The show follows their struggles to start a denim line -- how they luck into the fabric is part of the story in Sunday's (Feb. 14) premiere -- and make their names in the business. Luis Guzman, Lake Bell, Eddie Kaye Thomas and Scott "Kid Cudi" Mescudi also star."

I liked the first episode! Reading this thread is the first time I even heard of this show, although I don't get HBO.

I don't mind the show and there is some cool stuff going on, but it just seems a little too hip.

this shows getting pretty good. last night's episode was good. there at a new party every night, makes me feel like my life is lacking somehow. i like the style of Farino's directing, when he did Entourage it was pretty dope too.

I don't know man. I liked the idea in the first episode, but it just seems too hip and dope and "in the know" for me. I assume it won't do as well as Entourage just because it appeals to a very small cross section of people. It just feels overdone/overstated for me, but that might just be me, maybe it won't feel that way to people a little less "in the know" of the denim hype these days.