Black jeans lovers!!!

houllier

Currently trying to decide between the 3Sixteen SL-220X and Rogue Territory Stealth Stantons. Was wondering if anyone had any opinions on them as I have never bought from either brand. I'd buy the Iron Heart SB Devil's Fit instead if they ever restocked those!

• 7 months later...

Can anyone please recommend any black jeans that fade indigo? Similar to Railcar Fine Goods Overdyed Slub 006. So looking for a pair of jeans that are black and fade into indigo in places of wear, and in tight straight fit.

I know there is Ironheart IH-634S-B, but I don't like the fit and it is too heavy (oz)

:)

Can anyone tell me the difference between Black and Solid Black Denim? I'm looking for some nice slim fitting black jeans, to replace my daily drivers (Levi 510's) 

I've been suggested andewhall's but open to any other suggestions! 

I know fades are important but I like mine to keep their colour for as long as possible.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone please recommend any black jeans that fade indigo? Similar to Railcar Fine Goods Overdyed Slub 006. So looking for a pair of jeans that are black and fade into indigo in places of wear, and in tight straight fit.

I know there is Ironheart IH-634S-B, but I don't like the fit and it is too heavy (oz)

:)

Naked & Famous' Sumi Ink selvedge jeans are dyed black with Sumi ink but fade to indigo. those might even be on sale via Tate & Yoko

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

This seemed like the thread to revive in order to ask about recommendations for black jeans. 3sixteen’s entire line-up, Iron Heart 634, and the Sugar Cane Type 3 all have thighs that are a bit too thin.

My ideal black jeans would have white/natural weft (though I’m willing to consider black/black) and a fit with higher rise, wider thigh, and moderate taper. Something like the full count 1101, warehouse 800, or Ooe 02 for fit. Unfortunately, it seems like since Ande Whall left the game, all the other black jeans tend to only be made solid black and in slim cuts.

Has anyone else found themselves in this same search?

I've found that I can fit in the black & beige IH 634S 21BLK. The fabric is worth it. I would love it if they produced the 1955S in this fabric, but it's not gonna happen. I'm not sure the 634 is selling that well TBH. It's too bad because it's a stunning fabric.

Viapiana has at least 1 black denim available

Edited by JDelage

I wear my trophy 1605bk. They are fading into a nice grey.  The only thing I would change on them would be having standard pockets instead of the slant work wear front pockets. I'm not complaining because the pockets can fit my hands.

Trophy also has the Blackie  1907denim, but it's on the slim side though.  They claim they fade to a brown color.  Would love to get a pair of them but can't find my size.  They haven't restocked the style for months.

Edit:  Wolf Pack got them on back order

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/wolfpack/item/1907/

61080129.jpg

61080129_o1.jpg

HWZN MFG would be awesome if Canvas would ship international.  14 oz Made in Japan and the price isn't bad.  They have a jean jacket to match as well.  I would love to have a pair personally but would need a proxy.

SIZE 
30: Waist 82.0 cm / Rise 28.0 cm / Wading 30.0 cm / Inseam 75.0 cm / Hem width 20.5 cm 
32: West 86.0 cm / Rise 29.0 cm / Wading 30.0 cm / Inseam 79.0 cm / Hem width 21.0 cm 
34: Waist 90.0 cm / Rise 30.0 cm / Wading 31.0 cm / Inseam 80.0 cm / Hem width 21.5 cm 
36: West 96.0 cm / Rise 30.0 cm / Wattari 32.0 cm / Inseam 83.0 cm / Hem width 22.0 cm 
* There are individual differences somewhat Please forgive a few errors. 
※ MODEL SIZE - 171 cm 75 kg 34 worn

http://www.canvas09.com/?pid=135481993

135481993.jpg

135481993_o1.jpg

135481993_o2.jpg

135481993_o3.jpg

678.jpg

Edited by mlwdp

On 10/16/2018 at 11:04 AM, mlwdp said:

HWZN MFG would be awesome if Canvas would ship international.  14 oz Made in Japan and the price isn't bad.  They have a jean jacket to match as well.  I would love to have a pair personally but would need a proxy.

SIZE 
30: Waist 82.0 cm / Rise 28.0 cm / Wading 30.0 cm / Inseam 75.0 cm / Hem width 20.5 cm 
32: West 86.0 cm / Rise 29.0 cm / Wading 30.0 cm / Inseam 79.0 cm / Hem width 21.0 cm 
34: Waist 90.0 cm / Rise 30.0 cm / Wading 31.0 cm / Inseam 80.0 cm / Hem width 21.5 cm 
36: West 96.0 cm / Rise 30.0 cm / Wattari 32.0 cm / Inseam 83.0 cm / Hem width 22.0 cm 
* There are individual differences somewhat Please forgive a few errors. 
※ MODEL SIZE - 171 cm 75 kg 34 worn

http://www.canvas09.com/?pid=135481993

135481993.jpg

135481993_o1.jpg

135481993_o2.jpg

135481993_o3.jpg

678.jpg

Spoke too soon.  Wolf Pack is selling them.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/wolfpack/item/hwzn-18aw-narrow/

IMG_4156.JPG

IMG_4157.JPG

IMG_4158.JPG

Been wearing the 3Sixteen Ct 121X for work. 

Theyre beat to piss and fading very quickly. 

Will give them their first wash this weekend after a month of wear working construction. 

18 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

Been wearing the 3Sixteen Ct 121X for work. 

Theyre beat to piss and fading very quickly. 

Will give them their first wash this weekend after a month of wear working construction. 

I think I posted back in the Blunders thread, but it's funny that Japanese denim brands will make very little if ever black denim styles but American companies will make black denim using denim from Japan like Niphon, etc.  Black denim doesn't seem to be popular in Japan like blue denim of course.

Edited by mlwdp

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 11:47 PM, JDelage said:

I've found that I can fit in the black & beige IH 634S 21BLK. The fabric is worth it.

Viapiana has at least 1 black denim available

That does look like an amazing fabric - I'm disappointed there isn't more black/white or black/beige, black/light grey denim around. May have to give the 634 fit another try, as the measurements on ironheart.co.uk look like they could work... It's a pity Self Edge here doesn't carry this pair to test it out in person.

Thank you also to @mlwdp and @chambo2008! I love Momotaro and will always be on the lookout for something from them, though lately they seem to be sewing up even their natural tapered fit with tighter thighs. Never seen HWZN before, but I like the look of that denim and the super-clean styling on the jeans.

Reporting in, although I’m not sure if I love black denim - although I do remember being quite fond of the last pair I had - but I certainly do feel that I need a new pair for those ”indigo jeans not quite proper enough, but wear formal trousers and people will think you are a dork” -occasions that I find myself in fairly often these days. :rolleyes:

Sooo... As catalogued in the relevant thread, I was looking at the Samurai S710BK a couple of weeks ago... Then I almost managed to snag a pair of S710BKBs but after a few days of Whatsapp-tennis, it turned out that they don’t have it even though they thought they did. :rolleyes: But I digress.

Since then, I have kind of been gravitating towards Iron Heart’s 555-03 and just about the only thing holding me back at this point is that I’m not crazy about the vanity-sized waist and the skin-tight fit from thighs down. However the positives are numerous, including but not limited to the highish rise, reasonably spacious thighs and the fabric used; the same fabric is also available in 777 cut which is also not totally out of the question, but the availability of that one is limited and the rise is lower than I’m probably willing to accept. 634 is not really for me as I try to keep the leg-opening at or preferably below 8” (in tag size 32ish).

Considering the above, is there anything else out there that I should take a look at? I prefer heavier denim (limits my options by a ton) and black warp-weft (otherwise I would have grabbed the aforementioned S710BK and called it a day). Regardless of what I said about semi-formal use above, I like my denim to fade cos that’s how I roll (in reality the most impressive evo I seem to be able to develop are blown out pocket-bags, my speciality :rolleyes:).

Suggestions (other than dial down the drivel, dork)? 

Edited by Critical Observer

Can recommend the TCB slim 50s in black (black/white, not black/black). See my review on P. 121 of TCB thread. tl;dr : I'd compare the fit to a tapered, lower-rise 501, which I guess is the point. room in top block and thighs, but rise is on the lower side of medium. Raw version shrank just a little, so eyeball measurements closely. They are definitely vanity sized in that a 32 measures 34 waist...denim is not too heavy, maybe 13.5 oz. Can't report on fading as I've only worn them half-dozen times so far, but have high hopes... 

^^ I don't remember where the leg opening sat in terms of slimness, but a few months back I was pretty seriously considering the S&S Momotaro 0605-B for a black-on-black pair…until my thighs grew more. Really great-looking pair of jeans

If you're on the slim end, Sugar Cane's double-black Type III jeans are pretty neat too

I'm also still on the market for a pair of slim–straight black jeans with room in the thighs, in case anyone has any rec's, but am no longer getting my hopes very far up