Supreme S/S 2010

readytoignite

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EARLY PROPER SKINHEAD LOOKS

Pre-racism bullshit. Early skins represented the working class and weren’t racially divided. They took the everyday uniform of the working man and made it sharp.

saw this coming when this stuff started creeping into T a couple years ago when doherty officially threw the fred perry back into pop culture. whoa, i'll be in style or something.

i love moccasins. i think he's a bit off on saying that army jackets are going to be big this season, i mean pretty much everyone i know/everyone i see has been wearing surplus army jackets for as long as i can remember. and snap front denim is kinda goofcheese

he seems pretty on point overall i guess?

^very true.

Im stoked to see a harrington, was going to buy the jcrew one, but hopefully the supreme one wont be nearly ass expensive. And possibly even stick around til sale time (even though I wont wait that long). But seeing how people are going apeshit over varsity's right now. I think I might be in luck to possibly get two, one on sale.

he seems pretty on point overall i guess?

co-sign, it was uncanny the way he was able to predict the line he was currently in the process (or had completed) designing. i think the office needs to figure out who leaked this information to him, pronto

waiting for supreme x everlast robe and supreme x ll bean mocs

btw g9's were featured in GQ a little while back + supreme did a harrington in ss07, hardly needed a crystal ball there.

Bring on the Visvim x Supreme boots and braces.

YOU MEAN SUSPENDERS YOU HERB

^very true.

Im stoked to see a harrington, was going to buy the jcrew one, but hopefully the supreme one wont be nearly ass expensive. And possibly even stick around til sale time (even though I wont wait that long). But seeing how people are going apeshit over varsity's right now. I think I might be in luck to possibly get two, one on sale.

funny how i was looking at the same Jcrew one.

i really like the black/white checker burgundy one, and I actually can see myself rocking both sides. but I doubt supreme's would be as well made as Jcrew/Baracuta's. and im sure the supreme one will be the north of 200.

you guys mean their baracuta g9? i have a sz 36 slim fit in black that i'm going to get around to selling, pm if you're interested - it will be significantly less than what j crew is charging.

not sure why people are calling anything the men's store and liquor store are carrying "j crew." i heard someone saying the other day that j crew was making stuff for mr freedom, belstaff, russell, etc and thats why they carry it. d'oh.

note these appear to be the same last as the barbee reissues, which kicks all kinds of ass

o.g. shape is definitely sick. in this interview vans said they'd be switching over to that shape on all old skools starting middle of this year:

http://www.crookedtongues.com/news/single.php?n=893

and yeah the return of the snakeskin camp cap would be so sick!

those red monstrosities? it'd be tough to put snakeskin on a half cab without it being overwhelming, from a paneling perspective.

the obligatory matching camp caps might be ace though

Ah yea, I mixed up the chukka with the black snakeskin which actually looked decent.

As an avid non-skater, i'm on the fence about purchasing old skools. chukka and authentic/era seem to toe(ha) the line between casual and performance but old skool seem like they are truly meant to be skated.

those are all in the same category to me, sort of like blazers and dunks - if anything i would say that about half cabs or possibly sk8 hi's but even those have more or less crossed over

As an avid non-skater, i'm on the fence about purchasing old skools. chukka and authentic/era seem to toe(ha) the line between casual and performance but old skool seem like they are truly meant to be skated.

RS, chime in.

as an avid skater i think old skools are fine for non-skaters to wear, especially ms. sally :). the shoes have historically been rocked by a wide range of people. half cabs are sort've a different story where they were exclusively a skate thing and i used to feel a bit more precious about those in regard to non-skaters rocking them but now i don't care. and when supreme does a shoe (half cabs included) it's just sort've expected that no one's going to be skating in them anyway.