Supreme S/S 2010

readytoignite

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha truce, I need to hop on the 6XL FURY OF FIVE basketball jerseys ...
haha brother have you seen the prices those things have been going for on ebay? $200+

seriously? i have a fury jersey that's from 98(?), I hope it's still in my closet at my parents house, gonna sell that shit.

i'm also wondering if cyc is actually doing the fleece for s/s. usually they only do the f/w stuff but that motion hoodie looks a lot like a cyc hoodie (it looks like it has those stretch panels on each side under the arms) and the striped hoodie is listed as french terry cotton which cyc has been using heavily for their lighter weight wings & horns hoodies the last few s/s seasons. i hope that stuff is cyc because it'll be better construction than the usual made in china s/s fleece.

i'm also wondering if cyc is actually doing the fleece for s/s. usually they only do the f/w stuff but that motion hoodie looks a lot like a cyc hoodie (it looks like it has those stretch panels on each side under the arms) and the striped hoodie is listed as french terry cotton which cyc has been using heavily for their lighter weight wings & horns hoodies the last few s/s seasons. i hope that stuff is cyc because it'll be better construction than the usual made in china s/s fleece.

yeah it's definitely still cyc...a lot of the spring 09 fleece was cyc as well (classic hoodie, youth crew, etc)

i think the popping cherries shit is pretty great. i'll probably grab one of those pins.

really like the fishtail jacket but fuck it would be better unbranded. very nice though.

the "ive been down so long..." 5 panel is amazing.

i feel like this is a solid but kind of... not underwhelming, collection but i'm just not seeing anything that packs a serious "I GOTTA GET THIS NOW" punch. it's really great that they've finally decided to ship to canada, even with shipping it'll still probably be less expensive than the obscene markup at nomad.

the accessories are hilarious. nunchucks are fucking retarded.

oh, i didn't know they did some of the s/s 09 stuff and i didn't think they did any of the s/s 08 pieces (at least any of the ones I bought).

cyc did all of s/s 09, in 08 they did screw around with some factory in china for a few pieces - i never did figure out if that was related to other beef in the ch4 family or just an experiment.

it's really great that they've finally decided to ship to canada, even with shipping it'll still probably be less expensive than the obscene markup at nomad.

even with customs? do ups shipments have the same problem as canada post (customs + inscrutable delays)?

even with customs? do ups shipments have the same problem as canada post (customs + inscrutable delays)?

no problems with delays (they use their own broker to get things through customs). If anything its faster plus you get a guaranteed delivery date, but the down side of that is its a lot worse for fees. Duties and tax will be the same but you have to pay UPS's brokerage charge which is based on a sliding scale of whatever the declared value is (Canada Post's is nothing if the package is marked low and a flat $5 if not, regardless of the value). When I got my Quoddy boots through UPS the charge was like $90 on $300 value and a good $40-$50 of that was UPS brokerage.

All that said as a Canadian I'm glad they ship to Canada because before this I had 3 options:

-beg for pickups on here (nobody would help, or if they did they'd charge enough to make resellers reasonable)

-resllers

-use a us mail drop and get a web order sent there and ship it to myself. The problem with this is they seem to have caught on to this (or have an automated system to catch these orders somehow) so the order gets canceled half the time anyways and even if they get through you end up paying shipping twice + tax

The other thing is that, for the shipper, shipping UPS is more paperwork going over the border than USPS is (my boots got held up for a day because Quoddy had to give UPS a detailed materials breakdown before they'd clear it - any package I've ever got via USPS just has the green sticker where the guy just writes something vague like "shoes"). It's interesting they chose to use it because I talked to someone from the web store a few months back and he said the reason they wouldn't ship to Canada is that its too much paperwork.

There seems to be like zero hype this season and I think people are just now realizing the complete lack of resale value. I'm guessing way cleaner than the past few years, though stuff like the varsity may sell out quick.

Wonder how shipping to Canada will affect the productions run on stuff.

Any word on other collabos for this season? So far we have Northface, and I'm assuming the obligatory Vans.

elder supreme gods, will the northface be in the first drop?

that seems really unlikely, esp since they've been taking moves to shift away hype from season opening. that said i do think they will otherwise try to release as soon as possible - my guess is 3/18 since i don't think they'd want to add to online pile-up on 3/11

There seems to be like zero hype this season and I think people are just now realizing the complete lack of resale value. I'm guessing way cleaner than the past few years, though stuff like the varsity may sell out quick.

Wonder how shipping to Canada will affect the productions run on stuff.

i would guess this is more cart than horse... that said if the past two season numbers indicate they can do more, they probably will.

it's true about the lack of hype, even f/w opening wasn't that big and i'm sure a fair chunk of people were hoping for box logo fleeces which haven't even been previewed for s/s