LandoCal126

Inspiration LA Event 2010 - 2011 - …

Bringing back the memories lando... I wanna see the yoou and haraki-san pics...

When you were holding his wallet chain. Did it ever occur to you to run? Hahahaha I mean, I would have never fucked with that dude, he was straight burly, but you're like 8 feet tall so....

So...even though LandoCal126 had informed me of this event I did not really look into it that much and went to the LA Street Food Festival with a couple buddies.

...I deeply regret not looking more into this...hopefully they do it again next year.

the rising sun nenim jacket on the left , and specialy the duck one on the left look realy nice. the duck jacket seems like a lee cowboy repro. nice

Rising sun's shit is really nice. It is just so expensive. The next pair of jeans I buy will definitely be a pair of blacksmith's with a heavier STF denim. The shit runs like $600 though.

This is from Rising Sun? Yeah, the jackets are pretty hot!

DSC_0088.jpg

the rising sun homepage is strange as ever. where can one see the products and prises on the net ?could not find anything in the rising sun thread

I am also having that difficulty. There doesn't seem to be a page that shows the products.

There website used to be different and all of the products were shown. I don't know what happened to that site, but the new one seems lacking in product info in general. It's sad because they have some nice stuff. The few times that I have been in the shop the person running the shop didn't seem to know much about denim and work wear in general. It is kind awkward, because their manufacturing is all done in the back and they have never mentioned that before when I was in the store. It seems like if you are selling $500 jeans the person selling them to you should be able to point out what makes them worth $500. the jeans are all produced on vintage machines (1900s to 1940s) and that ain't some marketing blurb, because you can see the machines in the back of the store and they are using White Oak cone mills denim, but they can get other stuff as well.

They also have some really nice duck pants for about $300.

Yes, they are not very informative.

I called to ask how much a crotch repair would be and the person on the other end danced around the question for about 10 minutes until he said he can't really "decide" how much it costs till he sees the jeans in person.

I decided to just struggle through it at home...

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

You got my friend Brian "Snappygabs" in there!!! Just did the Elgin, IL clothing show over the weekend with him.

Oh nice, i'll be seeing Brian in three weeks in Vegas for Viva Las Vegas, his collections are still the best there (even if the prices are a tad up there, but worth every penny).

went to the LA Street Food Festival with a couple buddies.

pics and/or reviews of the street food festival are more than welcome ;) i wish i had made it out to that. sounded pretty rad too - and way less expensive than inspiration la.

Oh nice, i'll be seeing Brian in three weeks in Vegas for Viva Las Vegas, his collections are still the best there (even if the prices are a tad up there, but worth every penny).

Man, I wish I were going this year but the dates conflict with my work schedule...too bad they wont have the Rockabilly Rave again. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I sometimes forget how tacky Louis vuitton shit is.

Looks like the next Inspiration will be held 2/11-12/2011 on the Queen Mary

Sound like it's going to be a interesting show, can't wait!!