LandoCal126

Inspiration LA Event 2010 - 2011 - …

I hope this winds up being an annual event, that we're made aware of a couple months ahead of time so those of us that would like to be there can make plans to attend.

This looks to be the American Inazuma but even better...It seems there is lots of enthusiasm all around at the results so I'm hoping it will become an annual thing!

Every single person in the denim industry or anything related to what we're into was there. Every person from Japan and every person from the US seemed to be there.

...and yet there seems to be so little photographic evidence...help us out Kiya, I know you took some snaps!

There were a lot of no photography signs up everywhere I had an old film camera that I got yelled at for having out...

...and yet there seems to be so little photographic evidence...help us out Kiya, I know you took some snaps!

My SESF store manager was also there and took 550 photos at the festival, except he's not on Sufu and i honestly don't have the time to go through that many photos and put them up somewhere.

You going to Viva Las Vegas in six weeks?

what is this no camera policy, is it the same at inazuma? ( by the way kiya are you going to be in san francisco in the beginning of september?)

Here are the only four photos from Inspiration i have in my possession.

With my wife and LandoCal126 making an appearance.

43caad5582.gif

Every single person in the denim industry or anything related to what we're into was there. Every person from Japan and every person from the US seemed to be there.

i wrote a whole long thing last night that vanished with all the other stuff yesterday. i'll try to recap. . .

it's too bad that Kiya's quote wasn't used for the sales pitch for the event. i'm guessing if it was, half of superdenim would have acted like it was the second coming of the messiah. not that that's a bad thing. just saying it seems like most folks here, correct me if i'm wrong, didn't really understand what this event was about. i read sufu five times a day and i only heard of it a couple of weeks ago. hopefully, there will be more events like this in the future.

personally, i would love to see a "superdenim" convention. kinda like a tattoo or anime (or insert whatever trade show) convention. i've know it's not an easy task to put on such an event, but with the right people, stores, manufacturer's, ect., it could be a yearly destination event that could, frankly, be pretty fuckin awesome.

any other thoughts? ideas?

That's a great idea conceptually, but I think that there's so much effort that goes in to making these types of things successful, both financially or otherwise, that logistically organizing would be pretty difficult especially considering that superdenim is spread around the country and world. But, with the right mix of promotion and publicity, and funding, it could go off great.

i wrote a whole long thing last night that vanished with all the other stuff yesterday. i'll try to recap. . .

Same here. Sufu was down for sometime and bunch of my stuff went missing. I do however have good news. Photos to come, don't worry!

Beams x My Freedamn - Inspiration LA Denim Tote (Give-Away)

IMG_0290BeamsTote3.jpg

IMG_0294BeamsTote2.jpg

IMG_0295BeamsTote.jpg

Its really too bad that bag is made in china... oh well mine will end up sitting in a corner forever. The leopard print bag however went to my friend vampyrvargfesten hahahaha

My SESF store manager was also there and took 550 photos at the festival, except he's not on Sufu and i honestly don't have the time to go through that many photos and put them up somewhere.

You going to Viva Las Vegas in six weeks?

No VLV this year...conflicts with my work schedule. That and flights out of Detroit are retarded expensive since Delta took over Northwest...d-heads!

what is this no camera policy, is it the same at inazuma? ( by the way kiya are you going to be in san francisco in the beginning of september?)

They probably don't want designers to get for free, what they could squeeze a lot of $ out of them for.

Here are the only four photos from Inspiration i have in my possession.

With my wife and LandoCal126 making an appearance.

43caad5582.gif

Russell Brand?

is that the james bond plane?

My favorite of course is the one I did not take a close-up of. The Cowboy at the far end with the flannel on.

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

so great! i saw a couple of modern Lee ones in some shop here,my daughter was playing with them while i flicked through the rags.

i nearly made her stealing them.

Those are some heavy prices on the Buddy Lee dolls. I have three right now and didn't pay more than $100 for any of them.

The price tag is in pesos. So they were actually a steal.

Those are some heavy prices on the Buddy Lee dolls. I have three right now and didn't pay more than $100 for any of them.

yeah, I was going to say the same thing...

$250-$350 is high on ebay...

The price tag is in pesos. So they were actually a steal.

Or Japanese Yen....move the decimal over two places to the left...