Inspiration LA Event 2010 - 2011 - …

LandoCal126

Alright, so I am probably going to make it for this one. Saturday only though. Don't see much need for two days, other than rubbing shoulders with industry insiders.

Hey Matt,

Last night I was talking to Melissa at Stock in NYC. I referred Rivet Head to her and she mentioned she knew you. Small world. She and I both wanted to go this year but work and other commitments have us both stuck on the east coast.

Grant

She's originally from Detroit I think ...she shops at my friends store when's she's in town. Been into Stock a few times..amazing stuff! I'll take lot's of pics to share!

Hellers Cafe was the highlight of my day. I was surprised that they let people handle all the vintage garmets. I spent a good amount of time checking out a pair of WWII 501 with green herringbone pocket bags, a pair of early 1900 Boss of the Road jean, a couple poka dot engineer shirts and a few workshirts from the 30s. I also saw the upcoming WHxHeller's Cafe collection. The pincheck work coat looks amazing in person.

I was at the joint today. I even took a pic with Kiya!!!!!!! Holy shit.

I loved the Rising Sun/Julian boots booth, but the heller's cafe shit was nuts. I got to see some stifel polka dot shirts and they looked just like the Freewheelers stuff. Almost exact.

Overall great joint. Eltopo, Farhad, Sansome, and I strolled around so you should be seeing some pics of us up on here soon enough.

Saw a bunch of Sufuuls, rnr included, but broaching an off-internet introduction is a harder thing, whose mores I still don't know. What an odd age we live in. The closest I came - pun intended - was asking Farhad and Eltopo to see their Roy's and finding myself examining their Cone denim from crotch-height. Lest my trouser-lust feel any gayer. Sorry, dudes.