Inspiration LA Event 2010 - 2011 - …

LandoCal126

I think for $80 you get the full 3 day event. I think there is a party on Friday night and I believe blowing Rin Tanaka is included in that price.

I think for $80 you get the full 3 day event. I think there is a party on Friday night and I believe blowing Rin Tanaka is included in that price.

Pretty sure this is correct. Except for the fact that the ticket was actually $65. The party Friday Night is an Open Bar as well!

• 2 weeks later...

FreshD- thanks much for the pic's. can you elaborate a little about what we're looking at? like the FH setup. is all the stuff for sale? what are prices like? any info on those GottaRoll jeans? are they like the regular FH jeans except with different pockets? sorry to pester. . . just wanna know more about the stuff. thanks.

wow...gordon was there??

if i had known of this event, i would have never gone back to sac.shit shit

Every single person in the denim industry or anything related to what we're into was there. Every person from Japan and every person from the US seemed to be there.

i want those gotta roll jeans! where to cop? how much??

They won't be available in Asia, we'll have them May 1st.

New cuts, new denim.. one thing though, the back pocket stitchings are huge lightning bolts, not for everyone. The front coin pocket is a curved triangle shaped like a guitar pick and is bar tacked (no rivets) and the front pockets are triple stitched, rest of the jean is double stitched and felled.

I think nearly everyone had stuff for sale. I didn't ask at too many places, but a buddy bought a rad chambray from D'Artisan. Those guys were super nice and gave us some denim card-holders made from worn denim. The language barrier was kinda awkward occasionally, but it was pretty much smiles all around.

Some of the vintage stuff was totally unreal. It seemed like everyone brought their best out.

Can't say enough about Rin and all of his accomplices. It was a great show and I hope this starts a tradition.

The Catspaws were all at the booth of Zip Stevenson, the Hollywood Trading Company belt guy. He makes all sorts of crazy rings and boots. I think his new boot is coming out in the next few weeks. It's a beautiful low engineer/motorcycle boot.

I'm sure tons of people took photos, hopefully we'll see more on here soon.

Dave

The FlatHead booth was definitely one of the more extensive ones there. They had a bunch of shots illustrating their jeans-making process. The yellow sign explained that that t-shirt had been worn by one person for 10 years. You can just make out what it says in the photo. Their tour jackets were really nice too. I think most of them are reversible, with a totally different color pattern on the other side. To the left of my photo was all the jeans...

I was amazed at all the brands that are designed and made in the US but not sold here. There were a few that were designed here, but made and sold in Japan.

Does a US address help companies that much? Am I being naive?