whats your dads jeans ilke?

klue

Back in the day my old man was a pretty good dresser. He was whatever the American equivalent of a mod was in the '60s. There is a pretty good photo of him in some really tight Levis -- they looked tapered so I assume they weren't 501 or 505. He worked summers on a dairy so there are also some great photos of him in work wear, too. He was straight preppy in the '80s -- sack suits, Brooks Brothers. But there was a few Pendeltons around the house and he had an orange tab 517 that I snatched a few years back with pretty good fades (dated '84). Anyway, he's given up on clothes -- logo polos and pleated khakis are the order of the day. He actually gets more excited about my office clothes than my denim (I rock a pretty trad look to work). My mom has a pretty good collection of vintage denim, though (she bought it all new and raw). She got some grail-status fadez back in the day.

My dad whoops the shit out of his jeans so I got him some IH634s for Christmas and he loves 'em, wears them almost every day. Gotta snap some flicks soon, the fit is great.

Oh, and he always uses his knee the hold the car door open so now there is a large (~6") dark blue spot on the interior of the driver side door haha...

My Dad claims to have worn 501's 'back in the day', but I can only remeber Him wearing Wranglerts or Brutus in the 70's/80's (He's in his eighties now, so memory not so good).

All I remember is, He had those trouser-style creases ironed/stitched running down the front/middle of each leg. Lol

Anyone else experienced this, or am I too old?

Back in the day my old man was a pretty good dresser. He was whatever the American equivalent of a mod was in the '60s. There is a pretty good photo of him in some really tight Levis -- they looked tapered so I assume they weren't 501 or 505. He worked summers on a dairy so there are also some great photos of him in work wear, too. He was straight preppy in the '80s -- sack suits, Brooks Brothers. But there was a few Pendeltons around the house and he had an orange tab 517 that I snatched a few years back with pretty good fades (dated '84). Anyway, he's given up on clothes -- logo polos and pleated khakis are the order of the day. He actually gets more excited about my office clothes than my denim (I rock a pretty trad look to work). My mom has a pretty good collection of vintage denim, though (she bought it all new and raw). She got some grail-status fadez back in the day.

Dude. You gotta post pics of your mom's fades. Here AND in the raw-for-women thread! Give them ladies some inspiration!

My dad used to wear 501's, a pair of sperry boat shoes, tucked-in poli and varsity jackets.. i wonder where his taste in denim went, as he now buys kirland brand jeans along with calvin kelin , and whatever else is on sale :/

he wears his jeans super hard though, and gets vintage looking fades.

im thinking of getting him a pair of Iron Hearts too, since he likes durable denim for motorcycling and every day stuff

My dad used to kind of brag about how cheap his ugly jeans were which he bought in a barn (this may sound cool but isn't). So when my first pair of unsanforized jeans became too short post-soak I convinced him to take them. I also told him (well, my mum) to wait a couple of months before first wash as I was curious how they would fade. They have a backstory partly connected to where he grew up and that probably helped the fact that he's used them pretty much every day for over a year.dsc6106.jpg

More pics here

My dad was born and grew up in Russia, it was nearly impossible to come by good denim in the Soviet Union, but he always said he found them anyway.

The first time I bought a pair of raws, and started talking to him explaining about it, he kinda cut me off and said he knew all bout it. I tried to get him a pair, but by know his tastes have deviated and he only wears nouvea russian hugo boss jeans haha

Anyway, heres a shot of him back in the day.

picture1219.jpg

My dad thinks I'm kind of crazy for spending all this money on jeans and wallets but I think I'm going to get him a pair of Levi stf or sugar canes for his birthday. He wears cheap wranglers and levis but he got this cool denim jacket in France that he destroyed

4341900535_80d8221c49.jpg

4341903533_cabdef32e7.jpg

4341906835_7af6a76876.jpg

My mom was a denimhead from way back. Taking those photos reminded me of one story: I was in the 4th grade, I think, and my mom took me to Sears in the city to buy Levis. She left me and my brother in the pickup while she went inside to buy the pants. She came back with orange tabs and I asked her to go back and get red tabs (a little embarrassed I was such a snob). Anyway, she took us home and fired up the washer to shrink the jeans. She starts mixing up some vinegar salt soak to "keep the jeans dark." At this point my older sister and my dad start giving her hell, 'cuz, "you want the jeans to fade." (this very well could have been selvage as it would have been summer of '84).