Superfuture SuperHotSauce Thread

newaesthetic

Because haploid's sleeping on this.

Other than keeping a big bottle of sriracha around, what other tasty sauces are there? I've been playing around with adding spices to other sauces (ie: Frank's tastes like ass on its own), but I wanna know what else is out there. We can cover ones for taste, and the just plain painful, bragging-rights, pain-the-next-morning stuff. Had this dark foul-smelling stuff called Endorphin Rush at the old bar, but I've never heard of it available for public consumption.

Oh, and from random thoughts: Rockfish in Virginia Beach has some quality hot sauce. red savina habanero, mango, cider vinegar, lime juice, garlic and salt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale

I'm into this stuff. Do they all make it themselves? Because it's virtually identical everywhere - I'd love to just buy it myself.

they probably buy it by the buckets or something. there's one similar to that but it's garlic chili sauce. that one's my favorite, i tried looking for it in the fridge but i can't find it. the jar is distinctive there's a creepy portrait of an old lady on it.

i want to take the haberno challenge, but need the extinguisherz..

milk?

bread?

salt?

what works ??

tried and true:

-sriracha

-tapatio

-chipotle tabasco

-lousiana

1014815911440.jpg

but what i really wanna try is:

(will kop at tamale shop when i get the chance)

elyucatecosalsarojachil.jpg

i recently discovered sriracha (late pass) and one of those huge bottles lasts me, literally, no longer than a week. i surprise myself with how much shit i put it on.

but how do u bros tame the fire once its started? sometimes i go overboard with the hot sauce and my mouth feels like the fourth circle of hell.

a2b; it depends on what i'm eating. A sriracha overload in pho means I pretty much just suck it up and take it; it's not too bad spice-wise anyways. If it's something like wings, I always order Suicide unless it's not available, and if that gets to be too much, milk works really well.

chili oil looks good, I'd be tempted to just make it at home as long as I knew proper portions.

I want to try this Dave's Insanity stuff as soon as I can. Don't know where I could find it nearby though, thank god for internet.

P1070530.jpgP1070532.jpg

pics of these little peppers (i think datil peppers... as in "datil do it"). legit hotness. throw one of these in one of those huge stockpots full of chili or whatever and the whole thing will burn like a mo. in fact, i accidentally just touched my face after opening the bag and my lower eyelid is burning.

• 1 year later...
P1070530.jpgP1070532.jpg

pics of these little peppers (i think datil peppers... as in "datil do it"). legit hotness. throw one of these in one of those huge stockpots full of chili or whatever and the whole thing will burn like a mo. in fact, i accidentally just touched my face after opening the bag and my lower eyelid is burning.

Oh god, Datil peppers. I LOVE THOSE THINGS.

hotsauce.jpg

http://www.datildoit.com/

This hotsauce made me love life last year. Just be careful, overdose and you'll definitely feel it hotter on the way out than on the way in. Delicious!

In other news:

510dlM1DtBL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

This stuff isn't that hot, but it adds an amazing richness to any dish you've got. Meatballs / spaghetti sauce / omelettes / etc... it's just amazing chipotle hotness that's easily handled by most. usually I just add them whole, but for more versatility, I realized I could use my coffee grinder ($ for jawnz concept) to grind up the whole peppers and freeze them into small ice-cubes and thaw when needed. By the way, for superfootballjunkies, just add this to your bean dip and everybody will love you long time.

I <3 hot sauce.