Apple iPad

herpsky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my parents hooked it up for my bday with a 64 gig + 3G.

I do photography so this is nice to have my portfolio on, and to take it on shoots and see my exposures on a larger scale, rather than the small display on my 5D.

p.s. Zombieville is the best game I've found so far.

my parents hooked it up for my bday with a 64 gig + 3G.

I do photography so this is nice to have my portfolio on, and to take it on shoots and see my exposures on a larger scale, rather than the small display on my 5D.

p.s. Zombieville is the best game I've found so far.

lol. so you're gonna buy the like 60$ attachment so you can transfer your photos over, which you'll be shooting in jpeg, just so you can view unprocessed pictures on your ipad.

lol. so you're gonna buy the like 60$ attachment so you can transfer your photos over, which you'll be shooting in jpeg, just so you can view unprocessed pictures on your ipad.

EDIT - I humbly apologize for my lack of respect and admit that I was wrong

ALRIGHT.

here are two reasons why you are incorrect sir.

1. CR2 files CAN be viewed on the ipad, I just put one on and viewed it no problem.

And with what I do (architectural), with the tripod in place for hours in one spot, checking for sharpness and consistency in white balance is extremely important. Go look at my website and tell me I shoot in Jpeg.

2. Here's the link to the camera connection kit. $29

The kit allows you to plug a flash card reader in and download directly from the flash card within seconds.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE&mco=MTc0Njk4NzU

so before you try and act tough, do your research.

ALRIGHT.

here are two reasons why you are incorrect sir.

1. CR2 files CAN be viewed on the ipad, I just put one on and viewed it no problem.

And with what I do (architectural), with the tripod in place for hours in one spot, checking for sharpness and consistency in white balance is extremely important. Go look at my website and tell me I shoot in Jpeg.

2. Here's the link to the camera connection kit. $29

The kit allows you to plug a flash card reader in and download directly from the flash card within seconds.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE&mco=MTc0Njk4NzU

so before you try and act tough, do your research.

Bitch made. On my iPad right now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm totally new to Apple, and just picked up a 32G 3G. I've heard rumors you can jailbreak them and upload a program to run Flash (I imagine this has been asked before...), but any experience here doing it? Any help would be much appreciated, even if it's just directions on where else to look for info. Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What apps do you guys use a lot? Flipboard is honestly what I use 9/10 times I pick up my iPad.

Love a lot of the music/production stuff too. Korg IMS-20 and AniMoog are wonderful, and there's some cool midi controller apps too like touchAble and Griid.

Edited by 5-4=Unity

the style.com app is very awesome, i use instapaper a lot too, tons of News (WSJ, IHT, the Economist, FT, etc) and mags (TWSnow, Vanity Fair). Love this architecture app / mag called ARCH29. Dropbox obviously, which i use extensively to read JPN mag i download for free. Not a big gamer on the iPad, but Madden is really fun too

• 4 months later...

MB air would be a good and easy to use note taker. Weight not much difference with an iPad. If you are taking notes a type pad would come in handy I think...

Ipad is small easy to use but without interchangeable programs for your classmates (word etc..)exchanging notes would have to go via a flat text..

No USB drive on the iPad (although that can be arranged by a camera insert) making transferring things on the spot difficult.

Bit hey there is a 500$ price difference in between them.

More important question is what do your classmates use ? If it's Apple go for an iPad or MB air but if they are running MS ? buy a netbook, saves you hassle ...