Supreme SS06 line up ?

chaos1124

Quote: I'll bring the baseball bat

Ironicly they're selling mini Supreme baseballs bats this season (not a joke).

I went today and grabbed a box tee. I just walked to the front of the line, none of those camping kids would say a word. I wanted to see how the remington hoodys turned out but they didnt have them. They didnt have the Phase II tees either.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Someone should wait in that parking lot down the street and beat up those nerds and take their gear.

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Mar 16, 2006 11:37 AM

I'm sure that's what will happen when you go get your gears. stupid hater!

I was in LA around 12..mostly sold out but I got my shit. and I'm happy with the new collection.

doesn any one notice the paint they use on the graphic is a lot more vivid and thicker?

and I think the box caps are slightly improved as well..they are roomier.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

I was the coolest because I didn't get in line.

If you didn't get in the store, either go to the Korean club on W35th Street tonight as it will have the full range on show or look at the driver in the next tricked out Honda Civic icon_smile_wink.gif

BTW, I was the guy with the Triple 5 long coat, Supreme jeans and broken Arabic white tee at about 11.30.

Funniest was seeing short Asians trying to look hot in the embroidered Supremem jackets with cuffs level with their fingertips! Those Supreme guys need to realise their target market and do XL, L, M, S and Snow White's helper sizes.

Anyone else i can offend! Sorry guys.

--- Original message by Adrian Wilson on Mar 16, 2006 03:25 PM

nah i ain't offended even though i'm asian...slightly off topic but I was browsing through some HK kid's xanga last night, talkin bout how he 'needs a Jack Purcell style sneaker' for the upcoming season and listed a bunch of overpriced variants like Undercover and shit except for actual Jack Purcells...man i dunno why, but Hong Kong/Asian hypebeasts bother me a lot more than hypebeasts of other races. If i saw the kids in that line-up i'd probably be SMH, call me an elitist but that's how i see it.

I'm interested to see what these clothes look like though, I don't think I've ever encountered any Supreme other than the box tees.

ok.

fuck you racists.

what is wrong with you losers talking down to asians??

why can't they wait in line to get what they want?

skiny ass asians can't rock supreme? so what if they don't look like skaters??

are all RL polo, CK customers 6 2, 185?

I can't stand you racists, you don't deserve to have an opinion anywhere and

you should be ashamed at yourselves. and trust me, you'll get a taste of that

someday yourself as well.

I'm more of a lurker than anything else on both SF and NT, but one of my favorite NTer's GueveraGhost, showing up on SF. good business.

and maybe it is a bit racist, and I hate feeling that way, but a lot of people who have worn certain brands, or been interested in certain things are frustrated that a new wave of children have broken in and basterdized it. It just so happens that 8 out of 10 of those children are asian.

i'm not exactly a downtown veteran, but I've spent my entire life in new york and knew my place in the pecking order. now, kids who 6 or 7 years ago would be scared to be out past dark in certain downtown spots camp out all night and front like they are down.

the funniest thing is, its not even out of place anymore. Recon said it best. I miss the old new york (and I'm not even that old).

Quote:

I'm Asian myself, so I don't count as a racist if I'm talking down my own people! =P

--- Original message by Fade to Black on Mar 16, 2006 04:49 PM

lol.

that's the worst kind.

if you are commenting here that 80 or whatever percentage of the cats

waited in line there this morning are asians.

guess what, you need to be more open-minded and start

look at people as people not just at their fucking colors.

alm8319: Thanks man. Ive lurked for the longest, though it was time to finally sign up.

Quote: I've heard about the dipset/kate moss/box tee and box caps, but what else was there today?

From what i remember: Dondi tees, 2 tees with cartoon hands (at first i thought they might be KAWS) one holding 2 looseys & 2 quarters, the other holding a chain with a cross. Box hoodys, baseball jackets, track jackets, a Starter inspired hat that says FUCK OFF, remington bandanas, alot of accessory stuff in the case...

Listen guys, I ain't no racist. I was having fun at your expense but there you go, life's a bitch. I certainly wasn't suggesting mugging you for your stuff and I do think that comment crossed the boundary into plain abuse.

However, there really was a line made up of 80% Asians (and I mean far east) and most of them were under 5'10" so what is the fucking revelation there? Supreme is a store with a whole wall of skateboards but most of the guys in the line looked like people studying at NYU spending pop's money so they can look like they are down with NY style.

I am a white 41 year old guy with 2 kids so I don't really fit in either but I also still have a 9 inch metal plate in my leg from when I fell off a skateboard and my body decided to quit being bendy. If there was a line full of 40 year old guys it would have looked stupid too.

Same as a line of 80 white guys outside a new Korean dumpling bar on 32nd street just coz it was mentioned in NY magazine is a bit weird, so was the line today.

White guys can eat dumplings and the guys in that line could skate if they want to, but neither place were established to cater for those particular customers.

I am not saying you need to skate or hang with the fuckwits to shop at Supreme, but it would be nice for the stock not to be wiped out by people who have just latched on to the store due to sites like this. Go to a clothes store like NDG instead.

Ade

PS Being English, I hate line cutters and will always challenge anyone who does. Just see me at 6 flags with my kids kicking off every 20 minutes

icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

Adrian Wilson

Interior and Architectural Photographer

www.interiorphotography.net

nothing in the new line worth coppin' so far except for a box tee.

i wouldn't be caught dead wearing that dipset tee.

then again I can make all the tees they put out myself by printing the pictures of the box logo, kate moss, or dipset on a tshirt from my printer.

to adrian about white dudes lining up to a korean bar = they obvious want to pick up some korean girls for some "me luv you long time" action.

White dude: ANYOUNG hottie come home with me and luv me long time! I love dumpings with soju!

Korean girl: Babo

Edited by DJ2xTech on Mar 16, 2006 at 06:41 PM

the elitist attitude some of ya'll have is hilarious...so a skater must have a certain "look" now?

why in the hell is height even being brought up? fyi: i was taller than most of the dudes on the line(yes, including the non asians) and i'm asian. i know...crazy right?

it's really not too suprising why so many asian kids are into this sh*t here in the states. look at how popular the stuff is out in asia...brands like stussy and supreme made their name in japan, cmon now..

lol while i understand the whole asian phenomenon about hypebeasts and such not all asians are like that so i dunno why u doods are sterotyping

i mean im asian, i like supreme, but i aint gonna line up for hours to get some tees. I respect the heritage and image of the brand.

but if anything, its better to see all these asian kids lining up for supreme than all the white kids EVERYWHERE rushing into Hollister and Abercrombie

how come no one talks about all the other races with horrible style, and no knowledge of anything outside of malls. Thats more offensive to me than idiots who want to wake up in the AM to resell and make a few bucks

I agree that plenty of races buy plenty of crap. There is a geek line outside every Apple Store that opens on the first day just so they can say they were first in. Most American wear shit, but then the rural areas of any country are full of people wearing cheap clothing with no style.

I just wonder why anyone bothers camping out to get a fucking t-shirt. It is not like getting in line for gig tickets, or to see a dead pope, or to get a good view of st paddy's day parade. You can go next week.

Off topic, I also laugh at Americans who buy Hybrid cars when diesels do much better mileage - A VW Lupo does 70mpg for real - a Prius does about 40. Also, US auto manufacturers have a total fuel consumption limit on the cars they sell, so buying a prius allows them to sell more Navigators and Hummers - go figure.

Anyway, it is not stereotyping to say that these guys were shorter than average, they are and so Supreme sleeves are too long for them. They also don't skate much unless they do it in secret. There is no rule to wear Supreme when skating or be a skater to wear Supreme but tell me how many decks you think they sold today? All I am saying is that the customers today have fuck all to do with Supreme, except as a brand to show off to their buddies in class tomorrow morning or to sell to some mug on eBape.

Adrian

Adrian Wilson

Majah Flavah,

That is the biggest pile of spineless self pitying shite I ever heard. You can say anything you want - and you should.

I was the one in minority today. I couldn't shop because of these guys. I didn't say anything to the line because what was there to say? You think they would have all left if I showed them the 9 inch scar on my leg and I pointed out that it wasn't an ethnically diverse enough line?

No, I pointed it out here for all those who didn't and couldn't go to Supreme. So people know why their favorite new item has sold out and what kind of people are Supreme's most passionate customers.

Not skaters, but young Asian guys.

There you go. You are a majority.

Enjoy.

Adrian

Adrian Wilson

i saw quite a few kids walkin out with a deck...including chicks. O.o

...them decks(the supreme decks) were real lame anyway.

all imma say ask you is this...when season tickets for baseball start goin on sale, you think all those people play baseball? you think all them little kids waitin for wrestlemania tickets wrestle??

okay, maybe you got me on the wrestling thing.

Quote:

Majah Flavah,

That is the biggest pile of spineless self pitying shite I ever heard. You can say anything you want - and you should.

I was the one in minority today. I couldn't shop because of these guys. I didn't say anything to the line because what was there to say? You think they would have all left if I showed them the 9 inch scar on my leg and I pointed out that it wasn't an ethnically diverse enough line?

No, I pointed it out here for all those who didn't and couldn't go to Supreme. So people know why their favorite new item has sold out and what kind of people are Supreme's most passionate customers.

Not skaters, but young Asian guys.

There you go. You are a majority.

Enjoy.

Adrian

--- Original message by Adrian Wilson on Mar 16, 2006 07:35 PM

awww poor you...you were in the minority. ;-;

i'm a young asian skater though...so how does that work out? am i part of the majority AND minority? icon_smile_dissapprove.gificon_smile_sad.gif

Quote:

Majah,

Glad you lightened up.

The people buying decks probably thought they were flatpack backpacks or somethingicon_smile_big.gif

--- Original message by Adrian Wilson on Mar 16, 2006 07:56 PM

you know they need the deck to "accessorize" their duffle pack cmon.... (in case you dont know what i'm referring to, the duffle comes with straps at the bottom to carry decks)

Quote:

ok.

fuck you racists.

what is wrong with you losers talking down to asians??

why can't they wait in line to get what they want?

skiny ass asians can't rock supreme? so what if they don't look like skaters??

are all RL polo, CK customers 6 2, 185?

I can't stand you racists, you don't deserve to have an opinion anywhere and

you should be ashamed at yourselves. and trust me, you'll get a taste of that

someday yourself as well.

--- Original message by chaos1124 on Mar 16, 2006 04:47 PM

you should be ashamed OF yourselves.

are you a 15 year old asian boy?

btw. im asian. (I would like to apologize for all the other races who don't work as hard as us Asians do to pull in that dough. I'm sorry we're just better at math because we take the time to learn. I am sorry that we are not considered a "minority" in regards to the college process or a job offering, but we are a "minority" in society. I apologize. I will not shop at supreme anymore, I'm sorry. Forgive me white people!!!)

Edited by allanbinho on Mar 16, 2006 at 08:50 PM

everyone is a minority in some way dude. I was the only white 40 year old.

You can shop at Supreme all you want, but you couldn't shop there today unless you had a few hours spare to stand in that line. Didn't need to be a math genius to work out that a 100 foot long line divided by 6 people in the store at once equals a waste of a sunny day in NY.

Anyway, any pictures yet - via 20Mb Samsung cameraphones made by any of you hard working genius brothers in a factory in Seoul? Or is that stereotypical racism too?

Adrian Wilson