DC Meetup

Thorns

I looked back here a few pages and didn't see any word of a potential DC sufu meetup.

I thought I would post something up and see if anybody's interested. I was kinda thinking Happy Hour somewhere.

oh shit man, I didn't see this thread until now. I'll have a drink with you for happy hour for sure. Where in DC were you thinking?

hmmm, greater good is pretty chill. I was thinking more of a meetup in the adams morgan area followed by a run around to the boutiques in adams morgan and possibly some drinks or something. What weekends would other sufu folks be available? Personally I am good after the 15th of Feb.

How about a DC meetup on the 19th? Akuma no uta, we can listen to Boris at The Greater Good or something. I think some of my friends are actually in their lookbook from 2009.

If everyone is down, just reply in the thread I guess.

Thorns I'll PM you about meeting for a drink before then.

stayed inside, ate chicken noodle soup that I made from scratch, played with my bunny, skyped with my girl.

hows about you dude?

Kinda jealous that I'm not there for that snow storm... oh well, 72 and sunny isn't too bad.

nice. headed to tampa tomorrow morning for a few days, so I will be at that temperature soon.

definitely down for a DC meet up! but sadly under 21, so any bar meets are out of the question for me.

how about a browsing day at neiman marcus? peep some dior homme, kilgour, prada, etc etc.

guy and girl friendly, obviously.

I am out of town until next weekend, but next weekend would be good.

by the way, I mean the one in chevy chase. There's a barney's coop there, saks, and a neiman marcus. if people need rides from the metro stop at bethesda I am sure we could work something out.

the neiman marcus carries a bunch of good men's wear, including dior homme, kilgour, prada, etc. it should be a good time. I am free this weekend if people want to figure out their schedules.

uhhh I can't really remember. It's right by the bethesda stop, like a 10 minute walk down 355. There's also a meiwah like right there if people are into good chinese. I'm still down for this weekend like sunday - saturday the national harbor has all you can eat oysters and beer for 85 bones.

most definitely then. meiwah has the best veggie hot and sour soup in the city by far. plus the saks has tons of good menswear, albeit mad expensive.

I took my brother there to figure out his sizing (vanity sizing is such a pain in the ass), and then got him a nice suit as a "welcome home from afghanistan" gift.

But yeah, this sunday would be good. is anyone else interested?

• 3 months later...

THREAD REVIVE

My girl DJ Theresa is spinning at Lima on Saturday night. I'll be there, probably done up in straps or something. If you are in the DC/Baltimore area, I highly recommend.

Yeah, Lima is on K. I prefer Josephine, but anywhere Theresa is spinning is usually a really good dance party. My boy DJ Chris Burns also spins some deep house in DC, and I highly recommend the warehouse parties that he throws.

I would be down for a happy hour sometime next week - I am out of town until Sunday night. Subscribe to this thread if you are a DC citizen, and we can start planning some bigger meetups!

Yeah, Lima is on K. I prefer Josephine, but anywhere Theresa is spinning is usually a really good dance party. My boy DJ Chris Burns also spins some deep house in DC, and I highly recommend the warehouse parties that he throws.

I would be down for a happy hour sometime next week - I am out of town until Sunday night. Subscribe to this thread if you are a DC citizen, and we can start planning some bigger meetups!

Was just at Josephine for the first time this past saturday. Damn the girls that work there are fineee.

Was just at Josephine for the first time this past saturday. Damn the girls that work there are fineee.

yeah, it's pretty nice. the pole dancer that looks like beyonce is mad chill, I forgot her name though.

My fav. bartenders are still at L2 in G-town, but that joint is crazy. Not in a good way either.

I'm down for a happy hour this week, maybe thursday? Anyone interested in meeting up somewhere like the big hunt in dupont, or Poste in chinatown or something?

yeah I think so. I have this russian girl that wants me to come out on thursday, so I'll just put up a post saying where I'll be with her in this thread. anyone else wants to come out and have a drink, I'll put up a description of my outfit too(WAYWT style)