map :: san francisco :: haight1

sufu1

this map was first done a while ago so lots of changes...yep/ redfive gone i know...

[***UPDATED 17.12.2005 -- red five gone, added kid robot and giant robot and credits for daryl and futuretalk]

haight1.gif

--------------------------

superslave1

http://superfuture.com

Edited by wayne on Dec 16, 2004 at 08:54 PM

couple things to add:

shoe biz has 3 locations: the first two are where its marked, and the sneaker shoe biz is across the street on the same block as mendels art supply (1553 Haight)

True/True Sole: (1415 and 1429 Haight) clothes/kicks

after all that shopping check out milk bar (owned by same dudes from redfive) across the street from amoeba (1840 Haight)

there are a ton of places to eat and other shops but those are the more obvious ones.

Hi.

There is Adidas concept shop on the 2F of Shoeviz, in front of Stussy. (The shoes shop is really cool once too.)

The addidas shop is small ver of Tokyo addidas shop. They did good job for this one.

Edited by mie on Dec 19, 2004 at 01:36 PM

• 3 weeks later...

also i think most locations on the haight on the map are opposite of what they should be...

(i'm a SF native, though i live in nyc at this moment)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

City Optix at 1685 Haight, on the south side of the street, above the first "o" in "giant robot" - good designer glasses and they're making their own frames as well, on some antique machinery in the east bay. Highly recommended.

I'd push Giant Robot a touch further south, as it's really not quite that close to Haight, but I'm an anal bastard like that.

Paul Frank is two years gone, to the Union Square location.

Held Over is another vintage shop, smaller than Wasteland but miles better than Buffalo Exchange or Crossroads. The guys who work there look like they're in the Black Crowes or something. 1543 Haight, just above the "p" in Paul Frank.

Shoe Biz II, the one with the dinosaur out front, is all sneakers and is pretty great, with a DJ sometimes. Like someone said above, it's 1553 Haight St, just a few pixels to the left of Held Over, the above vintage shop. Between this place and Harput's on Fillmore I don't think I've bought sneakers elsewhere in SF for some time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

are stussy n adidas on the wrong side? i think they should be on the other side where the villians/kidrobot/ etc. are... i probably will check 'em out tomorrow as i've relocated back to SF!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

wayne - anyway to extend the map north a couple blocks to show poleng lounge on fulton and masonic (the old storyville) at 1751 fulton.

we just renovated and opened up. tea lounge/restaurant/bar. the new hot spot in SF. HA.

it might be a stretch but it was worth a try.

*sucka free since '00*

www.massiveselector.com

*now open*

www.polenglounge.com