Blue Gold Film

dralfonzo

• 7 years later...

Thanks for the link. But just to clarify, the documentary which was talked above is to my knowledge a different movie. The above is a documentary from 2008 by a French team whereas the new Blue Gold movie has been released recently. Dunno why they named the movie the same.

there are 2 documentaries:

Jeans - a faded blue planet (often refered to as: Blue Gold) - this was aired on arte in 2010-2011 and is a French production, directed by Thierry Aguila

Blue Gold - American Jeans - this was released in 2014 to the festival circuit (after being in the making over a period of 5 years with teasers poping up in 2009/2010), it got comercially relased in 2017, directed by Christian D. Bruun

Edited by Foxy2

I know I've seen the Faded Blue Planet one (I think on an airplane to/from Japan?) but haven't watched the other.

Between these movies, Warp & Weft, and Weaving Shibusa, there sure are a lot of recent documentaries about jeans. Although it's not specifically about jeans, my favorite thing in this category was actually the Ametora book from a year or two ago. (However, I haven't seen Weaving Shibusa yet.)

Edited by Cold Summer

Holy resurrection! Good find about BG on Netflix, didn't realize is was there.

4 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

I know I've seen the Faded Blue Planet one (I think on an airplane to/from Japan?) but haven't watched the other.

Between these movies, Warp & Weft, and Weaving Shibusa, there sure are a lot of recent documentaries about jeans. Although it's not specifically about jeans, my favorite thing in this category was actually the Ametora book from a year or two ago. (However, I haven't seen Weaving Shibusa yet.)

I'll second Ametora, really really great book. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching Blue Gold on Netflix now, I'm twenty minutes in and loving it. I'm only watching half tonight before work to savor the flavor for tomorrow. I'll probably never get through it cause I keep rewinding it back ten seconds every two seconds LOL

Edited by salaami