Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BiG has posted pics of 4mo S5000VX's.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=64

This is a pair of Samurai S5000VX that I've been wearing for about 4 months. Hot soaked and hung

to dry before wearing and machine washed and machine dried every three weeks afterwards.

Seems he got pretty good wear with frequent washing, and it looks like he didn't wear them super-tight judging by the size/pattern of honeycombing.

Nope, I've now soak four pairs and they all shrank to tagged size on the inseam after two hot soaks, but the waist still seems to bit bigger than tagged.

mine shrank about 2.5 inches in the inseam also after one 4 hour hot soak.

i email toshiko san and he said ...

Toshiko-san is a very sweet "she". Loved and adored by many here, even if none have ever seen her.

Just FYI.

ohh man im soo sorry..i didnt know thanks for the info... btw err you happen to know her? and ahh any reviews on the 19 oz s17? im planning to get a pair anyone here has one?

I just copped a pair of Samurai Jin's from BIG here in NYC...incredible jeans and service from BIG...but what I've been reading on here recently has been somewhat alarming lol. Is it true that Samurai's shrink a crazy amount (2 inches)? They are indeed unsanforized...which scares me...since I love the way they fit now (although I bought them in my ideal fit, keeping in mind that they stretch alot and that little extra stretch added to the antifit would be kosher as well). I spoke to the people at BIG and they told me that Samurai's are notorious stretchers...therefore the shrinkage after having rocked them for 6+ months will get you back to somewhere near the original size you bought them in.

Does this sound factual to all of my SuFu'ers? The figures they used were "about 1.5-2 inches of stretch after 6 months...then soaking them will get you about 1.5 inches of shrink..." Is that for cold water soak only? Some of the pre and warm-hot water soak photos in the Samurai Contest thread kinda shook me up in the dramatic sizing differences people were pulling off.

And if the stretch is not THAT dramatic...yet the unsanforized shrink is...where I may end up with calf and thigh huggers after even a cold water soak (which I DO NOT EVER want)...the other alternative I thought of would be to take the jeans to an organic dry cleaner...but the effects of soaking seem so TOUGH.

Okay, sorry...I know that was a couple of questions in a post and a half...I apologize if this is OD'ing...

heBay, if you are going to soak, do it when they are new. If you wear them however many months and they stretch out a few sizes, and then decide to soak them, they will shrink like hell AND all of your wear will be displaced. So either soak now or never, hehe.

heBay, if you are going to soak, do it when they are new. If you wear them however many months and they stretch out a few sizes, and then decide to soak them, they will shrink like hell AND all of your wear will be displaced. So either soak now or never, hehe.

Wowsers...thanks...maybe I should have sized up...since they are going to be TIGHT (just how I DON'T like em)...huh? I haven't rocked 'em yet, still got all the tags and are only a few days old

Cold soak for an hour I assume. Should I wear 'em as they dry or just pull 'em a little when I get 'em out the tub?

Hot soak them and it will stretch back out because think about it, you aren't going to wash these in a while so they will stretch out crazily in the process. So hot soak them, they might be snug on the nuts for a bit but they will stretch. Don't follow this advice if you do not wish to, but some people will agreez with a z with me.

Hot soak them and it will stretch back out because think about it, you aren't going to wash these in a while so they will stretch out crazily in the process. So hot soak them, they might be snug on the nuts for a bit but they will stretch. Don't follow this advice if you do not wish to, but some people will agreez with a z with me.

Thanks...I can diggy...but I assume that the cold soaking will still leave room for a future shrink due to the fact that these are unsanforized?

Guest jeffvyain

that's why either a nice long hot soak or a wash is usually the best way to go about things. People freak out about losing indigo, but come on, in the long run, how much is that tiny bit that MAY have been lost going to make a difference?

Would anyone who has the Samurai 5000BK (the black sammys) and who has worn and washed them, be kind enough to confirm the inseam does not shrink past 36?

The official size chart says inseam can (possibly) shrink down to a final 89cm, which is obviously a bit shorter than 36 inch.

Would be nice to know before I commit to buying a pair for me and my brother. Also, what kind of fit are these: regular, loose, low rise / high?

Thanks very much

the first question on the wallet page is "Which is your favourite model" and the second "Which discontinued model do you want to see brought back?".

It was on the card that you sent in for the lottery.

hebay: exchange your jeans for 1 or 2 sizes bigger and then hot soak them.

thanks, i was kinda hoping that was what the second thread said.

Sneakeraddict, it could shrink to 36 but it could also shrink above and below (after the 2nd soak).. it depends on water temp, time soaked etc. Generally, its pretty close to the 36 inseam though that they say. They are a slim cut (but not tight slim)... low rise (too low for my tastes, Im selling my pair). I got my actual waist size

Has there been any discussion of this SM5000GT-A model being release under the seemingly distinct Samurai Auto Club line? Any details would be appreciated.

I would like to know too, the pinstriped pants and jeans are already for sale it looks like but i'm interested in the GT-A model. Looks like quite a high rise though, compared to the 5000WX/VX/BK at least.

I would like to know too, the pinstriped pants and jeans are already for sale it looks like but i'm interested in the GT-A model. Looks like quite a high rise though, compared to the 5000WX/VX/BK at least.

The GT-A is a very high rise for some odd reason..

Regarding the new 710 19oz, we've got them at Self Edge, no tab, but arcuates intact.

the first question on the wallet page is "Which is your favourite model" and the second "Which discontinued model do you want to see brought back?".

It was on the card that you sent in for the lottery.

hebay: exchange your jeans for 1 or 2 sizes bigger and then hot soak them.

ayte ill take thats in... ill get a pair as soon as they have them on stock..

Sneakeraddict, it could shrink to 36 but it could also shrink above and below (after the 2nd soak).. it depends on water temp, time soaked etc. Generally, its pretty close to the 36 inseam though that they say. They are a slim cut (but not tight slim)... low rise (too low for my tastes, Im selling my pair). I got my actual waist size

Thanks for that, you just saved me a 100 quid.

Hopefully samurai will use their famous black dye on a more 'regular' fit model in future. Think I'll just get a pair of the s510xx 's in the meantime:)

So I just had the chance to try on my Jin's again...and I have to struggle a little bit to button up the top button. Is this going to be an issue for hot soaking them (for the first time)? Should I size up to 34" waist? They are pretty roomy everywhere else...but not real baggy and I don't want thigh-lockers, nut-crunchers, butt-exposers or wahtever else I can name a tight pair of jeans lol.

I thoroughly appreciate all of the feedback you guys have been throwing me...